Saturday 21st March 2020 - The party was nice the party was pumping

Morning.

Lyrics - The party was nice the party was pumping

Great that Lucas slept well emzap - hopefully you and OH will be able to catch up a bit yourselves. Time to get a dog? Seriously though I don't think the isolation will be in full effect the whole time, I think there will be periods when it is relaxed a bit then tightened up and probably repeat. I'm certainly hoping that we won't be banned from going out - I'm finding it hard enough as it is to be honest - and I'm not very social usually. The not having a choice and the uncertainty make it worse.

Hope those who usually parkrun can find acceptable alternative ways to pass their Saturday mornings.

We are going to brave the shops (I'm making Mark go with me) and then I'm planning a walk and hopefully a short run. We'll go and buy takeaway cake from my cafe as they need the support more than ever now.

What:             hopefully short and easy
Why:              sanity
last hard:       living in interesting times
Last rest:       20/3

Yesterday's lyrics - Good As Gold (Stupid As Mud) - The Beautiful South.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Very quiet out there when I went for a small amount of shopping. Not that there was anything on the shelves in the greengrocer or the co-op. Lots of fish at the fishmongers though which was my main purpose.

What: something easy, plus must do a stretching session

Why: yesterday was harder so today must be easier; already the stretching is being reduced and must get into better habits!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Morning all :)

Sorry for being AWOL. We had to cut our holiday short due to new Corona legislation in Bavaria and came home yesterday. At least we were able to enjoy 5 days of spring in a beautiful place with some  wonderful hikes. Unfortunately I slipped on a descent and managed to pull my right hamstring. I hope it will settle soon. Knowing my luck that'll be when we're banned from going out :D.
    All gyms are now shut, so I'll probably return to Adriene's yoga channel.

Interesting to read that you have restrictions for the vulnerable, LMH. Nothing like that here even though I'm asthmatic and hubby is now 70. My department head has encouraged us to work from home though. I drove by the office last night on our way back to pick up a laptop and some work stuff.

OH: shame about the wedding plans being changed.

Hazel: That's awful about the dog incident. Honestly, such a crisis brings out the worst in some. I'm shocked to read that the young are not willing to abide by the rules as they feel safe. Apparently there were incidents where adolescents coughed at elderly people shouting Corona. Such behaviour leaves me speechless.
    Good idea to get a turbo.

Ale: hope your son is ok. That's very close to home ... Closest I've come is a colleague who caught it on ski hols but she went straight into self quarantine so the office is still ok at the mo.

Em: sounds like you're doing a great job cheering Lucas up. Wow, your gran must be a tough cookie.

I think I missed my chance to go to the hairdressers. My natural colour is a dark chestnut but I have a lot of grey in there and have been dyeing for years. Maybe this is a chance to grow old gracefully and stop the colouring nonsense.

LMH: is the knee/back better? Hopefully you managed a run.
  • Coop shelves the emptiest I've seen them too Alehouse.

chicksta - sorry you had to cut your holiday short and ouch about the hamstring. I hope it settles quickly. The idea with the old/vulnerable is to stop us getting ill and taking the intensive care beds, makes sense. Knee doesn't feel too bad this morning but I haven't run yet. At the minute I'm finding that as long as I'm able to get out for a good walk I'm not feeling the compulsion to run that I do usually. Not sure what that's about.
  • Morning

Nothing here my double session has wiped me out from yesterday.

Not been to the Co-op today so no idea on the shelves. but the butchers yesterday was running low on stock.
    I have an grocery delivery due Tuesday and wel half the food got taken out so no idea when I amend on Mondaty what wil be left.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: I hope it didn't sound like I was criticising the measures. I meant quite the opposite. I think it makes perfect sense and I'm surprised our government don't mention things like that.

I think we're all a bit in limbo with our racing which may explain why we don't feel compelled to run as much. Sometimes our bodies and minds need a break. I definitely feel into a bit of a hole after 20 weeks of ultra training...
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Not at all chicksta - I'm surprised you don't have them too though I think your government took a more general hard line stance sooner? I don't generally need a race to motivate me to run in fact I race very rarely really, I think it's more a general what's the point caused by the anxiety and uncertainty. I'm going to have to work hard to make myself do some strength work with the gym closed.

Sorry to hear that you felt too tired to run Poppy. I hope you can get what you need.

Exciting news (well for me anyway) we have answered a call from greyhound rescue for urgent foster homes (I'm guessing the trainers are dumping dogs with the ban on mass participation events) so tomorrow I will have a new wfh companion and reason to walk. Makes me feel as if I'm doing something vaguely useful too.
  • Socially distanced swim and solo jog
    Self isolating
    Last hard: hearing news
    Lyrics no
  • Great news LMH. (Less so the reason behind it :/ ) Hope he / she settles in well.

Really hope the panic buying eases in the UK soon.  The wastage might well be awful. Worrying here is that the spring harvesting season will start soon and there are few of the seasonal workers to do it as they can't travel. Don't really see many of the out of work hairdressers etc doing it.  (Yes, I would if I was out of work..). Could mean little on the shelves, high prices and a lot rotting on the fields.

Sorry that your hols were cut short chicksta. DIY dyeing as a temp solution? Ouch to the hamstring.

Hope the rest day has aided recovery from the double WP.

Do your stretching and strengthwork everyone (wags finger and at the same time whistles guiltily)..

What: 10 miles of local ups and downs
    Why: lazy this week so far, only a short run yesterday
    Last hard: adjusting to the new world
    Last rest: 19.03

Lyrics: no
  • I too have been thinking on the effect on food production. Brexit has already caused a squeeze on seasonal workers.
    Seasonal workers may now be ill, self isolating or unable to travel. Crops may not get sown, harvested processed or delivered.