Sunday 22nd March 2020 - What would you think if I sang out of tune?

Morning.

Lyrics - What would you think if I sang out of tune?

Hazel - I think the long term consequences of this are going to be very far reaching but not much point dwelling on them yet - we need to get there first. A friend of mine used to tell me not to yell until I was kicked, not easy to apply but a good one to try to remember in the current situation. I'm looking forward to the company and challenges of my new furry friend - who may well never have been in a house before. Wouldn't be the first time I've had one straight off the track though so I'm sure we'll cope. I've warned the neighbours who were lovely about the possible disruption and said they thought it would be very good for me to have another.

You're sounding quite down OH - doing ok?

What:            hopefully short and easy
Why:             sanity
Last hard:     maintaining perspective
Last rest:      18/3

Yesterday's lyrics - Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men (prophetic eh?)
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Enjoy the new family member, LMH!

What: probably a short run plus stretches etc

Why: will go longer tomorrow/ in lieu of fitness suite
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Happy mother's Day mummies
    Lmh what doggie do you have? 
    Did a Virtual 5 mile handicap club race yesterday 2 metres apart from my club mate. We saw three others at different times. 
    These are such strange times. I'm seriously looking into hiring a treadmill. Living in London I'm aware that some people might get abusive if they see me out running. I've read about it already :-(
    What maybe 3 miles
    Why not decided yet
    Last hard yesterday, 48.45 for 5 
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Went hair dressers yesterday, my daughter has not forgiven me. I realise how it was silly but it's done 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse have a good short run and stretch
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick sorry your holiday was cut short. I heard about three kids coughing in old people's faces :-(
    I should have gone grey too! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick sorry your holiday was cut short. I heard about three kids coughing in old people's faces :-(
    I should have gone grey too! 
    Oh hope you're ok
  • Wabo - much harder living in London at the minute I think. My BiL says that he's running early and late to try to avoid people. Bit late for them to all start taking it seriously now but better than never I guess. I don't know about the dog other than that it will be a greyhound or lurcher as that's what they rescue.

Hope you enjoyed your run Alehouse - it's a beautiful morning here.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's lovely news, LMH. Hope you don't grow too fond of your new companion or is there a chance you can keep you furry friend? Fostering sounds temporary to me but maybe I'm mistaken.

Wabo: That's shocking. Why would people do that? We're encouraged to do sports outside. Lots of people out and about walking, cycling, jogging by the river.

My hair is so grey that home dye does no longer work. I need a hardcore salon job. I read quite a few inspirational stories of women going cold turkey grey and I feel quite relieved now I've made the decision. Platinum is the new black :smile:

What: Managed a 4 mile run/ walk with hubby. I can do about 100m before the hamstring tweaks. Stretch, walk and it's ok for another 100m.
    Why: gorgeous weather and sanity
    Last hard: trying to stay positive
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

• chicksta - technically it's temporary but I'm fully expecting it to be what we call a 'foster fail' which means that they don't go back. So far (we've been home about half an hour) Sammy is settling in well the only mishaps being a couple of bangs on the head when she hasn't realised the patio door is closed. I'm glad you were able to get out and make the most of the good weather - mind that hamstring though. I hope you like your hair grey - think how much time and money you'll save.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Wabo that's not good.  Hopefully you can do as LMH suggests and go out early or late?

What: 4.5 km running round streets to find street names to spell out Happy Mothers' Day.  Did a bit of gardening too
    Why: I needed a challenge and this seemed like a good one!
    Last hard: I think we are all finding things hard at the moment.  
    Lyrics: yes I think we all need some of this at the moment

Had a chat with a neighbour today (we kept our distance, 3 m I'd guess) which was nice.  I'm feeling a bit scared to go to the shops tbh, so we are trying to limit our visits to the very bare minimum.  I just can't believe how many people are totally ignoring the advice to stay away from people.  Did anyone see the photos of Snowdon?

Had another Lucas scare yesterday so he's back on antibiotics.  Luckily all handled over the phone, just had to go to the pharmacy to collect them (that had barricades up so you could only walk in, but no further).

Hope this sunny weather continues, could help all our moods.  LMH Sammy sounds lovely.  Would you be willing to post a pic?

Have a lovely socially isolated afternoon/evening all.
  • Swim and a walk, both socially distanced
    I think we all know why
    Lots of hards for all of us just now

Lyrics yes (I think this might have been a more appropriate title for a recent fantasy film about same group)

Exercise outdoors has already been banned in Spain and Italy. Beaches are closed in France.
    In UK, hordes are flocking to remote area in campervans without regard for others.

Solo running outside cities is likely to be beneficial to physical and mental health, but even reading on runners forums there are mixed views on this.
    Outdoor Swimming Society is now moderated posts only on FB group due to heated debates on similar.
  • Afternoon..

Any chance of a pic to cheer us up LMH?

I'm doing the going grey gracefully route Chicksta, was eyeing up some colours though, scruffy dark blond naturally. Be careful with that hamstring. Our advice is to stay at home unless shopping for essentials, working, doctors. Sport is however allowed, but should be done solo. (Or people in same household).

Take care Wabo, also read another in my interpretation anti-jogger article today and was in two minds about going out. Hope you got out for your 3.

Hope all mums have been treated in some way today.

Hope you also got out for a shortie Ale.

What: 13 out and back
    Why: thought that the route would be sparsely populated and was right. Just a few dog walkers and one or two walkers.
    Last nice: one gave me a nice smile and a hearty greeting. I had tears in my eyes. There is so much crap between people at the moment.
    Last hard: the strong wind on the outward leg. OH reported that he met a lot of people sheltering from it in the local woods on his walk.
    Last rest: 19.03

Lyrics:no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Evening!

Hope  Lucas isn't too poorly, Emz! You sound quite upbeat despite everything!

Not only was I hearing about people flocking to Snowdonia and to remote places including the Western Isles, I was hearing about Brighton where the prom and beach were packed...and a number of alehouses were still open, as they are in parts of Scotland.
    At the end of my road is the river bank: in 37 plus years of living here I have never seen so many people walk past, often in quite big groups of family and friends.

I also went to E.D. Tesco: 4 security guards on the door and only letting 5 people in at a time in what is quite a fair-sized store. Seemed way over the top. I went home.

Hope you had a good afternoon with Sam, LMH!

Reading up about the list of those who will be asked to stay at home for 12 weeks: looks like my asthma, probably coupled with my age and my annual flu jab, will seeing me hearing this bad news in the next few days. Will, of course, continue to run. Alone. Only saw a couple of people on my short run this morning; it was this afternoon when it got busy.

Nice 13, Hazel! For a moment I thought it was 13 out and 13 back!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - reading the guidelines I don't think my asthma will count as it's controlled well albeit with a fair cocktail of meds.

emzap - will your neighbours not shop for you? We have set up a little network of people looking for things for other people when they are out and about. Hope Lucas isn't too bad.

OH - I really hope those idiots don't spoil it for the rest of us - my garden is definitely not big enough for laps, may need to drag the treadie outside and find an extension lead :-)

Hazel - there are lots of lovely and good people in the world unfortunately it's the opposite that usually get the headlines.

This is Sammy (Samah as was) https://www.tia-rescue.org/samah/
  • Ferries
    "Online booking is currently disabled and from now on ferries will be for those who live on our islands, who have an essential need to travel to or from the mainland and for essential supplies or business."
  • Oh so cute LMH. 26kgs for a grey seems a lot (though I understand that was full racing weight).  TM in the garden sounds better than indoors (depending on the weather)

Xpost with emzap: like the idea of that challenge. Get well soon Lucas (again). Also apprehensive about shopping and only go once or twice a week. Enjoy the weather whilst it lasts, the UK has had enough bad this year already. Disadvantage is that everyone goes out and about.

Xpost with OH also. That is ridiculous regarding the campervans. Definitely correct regarding the islands and the ferries to stop that.

Ale, in Switzerland popular spots are being closed off to the public where deemed necessary.  12 weeks stay at home - ouch. If you could still go out for exercice at least.