Monday 23rd March 2020 You've painted up your lips

Morning!

Lyrics: You've painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair

What: about 30 minutes on my own, plus stretches

Why: M74 and I can no longer run together on a Monday/need to get them done
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - With A Little Help From My Friends - The beatles.

I was just thinking of lyrics Alehouse - nice to be able to save them for another day. Enjoy your run. Cold here with a heavy frost.

I heard that on the news yesterday OH. Pull up the drawbridge. Still no cases on Orkney? Hope it stays that way if so.

26kg is quite light for a racing bitch Hazel, she's a slight little thing.

Sammy settled for the night at 2300hrs which wasn't too bad for probably her first night ever in a house and was very pleased to see us this morning. It's a good job we don't have a carpet as she's currently running between her bed in the front room and the back door with a duck toy in her mouth. If we get up to try to open the door as she stands and looks out into the garden she turns and runs away. I think she's going to bring some much needed light relief. I'm hoping this is her real nature, sometimes it can take a few days/weeks for the real them to emerge as they gain confidence. Mark is going to be wfh for a bit this week (funny that - I've been trying to get him to do it for over a week) so we will walk her together and he'll be here with her whilst I go for my run.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             knees are still fragile
    last hard:      not being able to run more
    Last rest:      20/3

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Morning again!

After yesterday's chaos the supermarket was deserted apart from security guards and staff. Had a choice of check outs to go to! Perhaps it was due to the heavy frost!

Hope Sammy settles, LMH! And am sure you know the lyrics!

Cup of tea then off my run...once it warms up a little more.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Smiled at the lyrics after the dyeing talk yesterday.  Must have inspired you Ale.  That's good regarding the supermarket but I hope there was something left to buy.  Have a nice run.

Sammy is doing well then LMH.  Enjoy that walk with her.  Has she killed the squeak in the duck yet?

Have a good start to the week all despite of the current situation.

What: running rest day - will go for a walk later and test the turbo if it arrives today
    Why: Monday habits.  Bit windy / cold for outdoor cycling for my tastes
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sammy instantly stole my heart <3 bless her. She's a lucky gal now, LMH. Will you be able to take her out running once she has settled?

Security guards sound a bit drastic but then if people don't stop acting irresponsibly there's probably no other way.

German islands were shut off last week. Good to see that Scotland are going down a similar route.

12 weeks. Wow. What's the reasoning behind the flu jab?

It's cold hete too but bright and sunny.  definitely going for a walk later. I would have had my annual check up at the gynaecologist today but cancelled it. I really don't want to bring this virus home ...
  • Having medical indication for flu jag is just one way of simply identifying an at-risk population.
    Now talking about super at-risk population too...
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - great news about Sammy , hope he settles ok
    Emz- Sorry to hear Lucas had more troubles, hope that eases
    Chick -at least you got a few days away, thats a plus in te current climate, but sorry to hear of the hamstring trouble.
    I was reading about the mass gatherings over the admittedly sunny weekend. 
    I found it incredible that the coastal resorts with arcades were open, and Corn Du in teh Brecons was like a procession of climbers. Plenty of face palming moments...

Weekend running was positive though: track early on Saturday, first set on teher for months: 6x400 (60s) then 8s200s (45s). Naturally was nowhere near "ideal" pace, but 400s were 94/95/92/92/92/89 and 200s a solid 42/42/42/42/42/42/42/39
    Ideally they should be 8-10 & 4-5s quicker but hey, we all start somewhere!
    Yesterday was 17 miles over the deserted fields, one dog walker, one walker, 3 off road bikers were my only "company" (if you exclude the birds, bunnies, deer, sheep and cattle)

Today - in London - another face palm moment as the firm thinks it  good to have "people in"
    So either 6 at lunchtime or probably this evening
    Why - recovery
    Last Rest - 17/02
    Last Hard - the Weekend

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 48 mins largely on the river bank. Pretty quiet except for the odd dog-walker.

Why: Monday is generally my longer run of the week, although it is short by many people's standards. 

Why: keeping on keeping on whilst I can

Chick: re flu jab, have had it since I was around 56 or so; whilst I have reasonably well-controlled asthma I do get one or two chest infections most years that tend to linger, so the jab is a precaution. I have been described as "immuno-compromised" which may well be one part of the population that they will tell to isolate.

Hazel: the lyrics are a total coincidence re hair colouring!

Beautiful morning here, although rather chilly as yet.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    morning all
    sammy, ah we have a new member and we all love her!!
    nice running alehouse, sounds lovely
    dustin beautiful running! ENjoy today
    aha alehouse i know your lyrics!!! 
    LMH my oh said ' see we should get a greyhound'!! He loves them.He has owned racing ones but dropped out of it a while back. 
    WHat: 2 easy miles d&d this am, 2 more later
    why: keeping my body and mind healthy
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    must point out the youths who coughed in an old lady's face are not in my area.   I did a lovely 3.75m run yesterday
  • Wabo - do it. They make lovely pets and there are lots of them desperately in need of homes during this difficult time.

chicksta - I cancelled my routine breast screening for tomorrow. I'm not supposed to be putting myself at risk and I figure leaving that for a few months is the better option.

Dustin - I can't believe your work are bucking the trend like that <<face palm>> Nice long run yesterday.

Glad you had a good run Alehouse. We took Sammy for a long walk and then i did a bit of work before going out for my run by which time it had warmed up a bit. Reading the criteria I don't think I'm going to be part of the 1.5 million as although my asthma can escalate badly when it does go (and on reflection has needed iv steroids to settle it more often than I'd realised) it is generally well controlled. Although my hypothyroidism and pernicious anaemia are auto immune conditions which may complicate things. Hope not, this is bad enough as it is.

Hazel - the duck quacks :-) Fortunately it would seem that Sammy is non destructive though she was incredibly quick when she tried to steal the cheese off the side as I made a sandwich at lunch, no shame either I was literally stood next to it, I just turned my back!

Have you managed a swim today OH?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I can't I am out all day and so is he so it wouldn't be fair.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    hope Sammy settles in well LMH

Sorry didnt get on yesterday

all well here, thankful not on MS meds yet as would be locked up inside

running is going on ... did a virtual parkrun on Sat in 23:33 so happy with that

Take care
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Love the cheese incident, LMH :)

Same here, ale - asthma and flu jab and prone to chest infections but nobody told me to stay inside for 12 weeks... Hubby is high risk having suffered a cardiac arrest and being on ACE inhibitors. We have a ban to go out in groups larger than two people and are advised to keep our distance. And to work from home wherever possible which is what I'm doing until further notice.

Nice virtual parkrun, RFJ.

Wabo: I can't wait to be retired so I can have another dog.

Good running, Dustin.

I managed another 4 mile run/ walk and just did a virtual gym class. Fitness First offer life video streams at 5, 6 and 7 pm now. That was actually really good fun.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Got in 2 walks today, gardening and day 1 of the runderwear 60 day challenge.

Lucas getting better thankfully.

Sammy seems to be making herself at home lmh!

Have a lovely day all.