Last rest 31/12/16
    Bigger picture though please stay well all my thread buddies
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

I'm sorry about the wedding OH.

Is your OH self employed Wabo? At least he should get some help from the government if so. I haven't heard a thing about those of us on zero hours contracts.

It does sound as though Germany hasn't thought about the higher risk groups chicksta - most of our supermarkets are having a special quiet hour for them and NHS workers to shop too.

emzap - I think it was always coming to be honest, BJ was just easing us in gently and making it our own fault. Sammy settled much more quickly last night but was very excited to see us when we got up :-) Dog walking wasn't mentioned in the exercise allowance but she needs to go out twice a day and that is her exercise not mine so until told otherwise I intend to walk her and then go for my run - as long as the knees hold out.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            I'd like to longer but don't want to break my knees
    Last hard:    living through these difficult times
    Last rest:     20/3

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's lyrics were Ruby, Kenny Rogers, who passed away at the weekend

What: a run of some description

Why: still allowed
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I suppose one (the only?) good thing is that you now have less worry about which restrictions might be imposed for now and can get on with coping with what is there. 

Would do that regarding walking and running LMH.  How much walking do you reckon on her needing?  (no experience with greyhounds, plenty with overactive terriers..).  I need to practice Old MacDonald I guess regarding the ducks quacking rather than squeeking.  :D  Lol to the cheese.  At least she won't be jumping on the worktops / tables like my scavenging cats - have to be careful to leave anything unattended.  

Hope your OH can get help swiftly Wabo.  Definitely get that run in. 

Sorry about the wedding OH.

Good news that Lucas is getting better emzap.

Great running at the weekend Dustin.  Please take care if you are still having to go out to work.

Good virtual parkrun RFJ. 

What: solo outing later, work first
    Why: keeping going
    Last hard: the saddle of my oldish racing bike - the turbo arrived yesterday and has been tested - need the front wheel block (posted seperately and not yet arrived) to even things out
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Well despite the guidelines and a heated discussion on whatsapp yesterday, I'm back in London. 
    I was the only person who got on at my stop on the overground. The tube was 25% full, and at a guess of those on there, 80% were construction workers going to Stratford. 
    Beggars belief. I think there will be more discussion at work later with my management (working from home funnily enough).
    Strong chance that I'm either sacked or on a month's unpaid voluntary leave by the end of the day.....

What - lunchtime run around the park
    Why - getting air, staying sane and to avoid punching someone
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - keeping calm with idiots 
  • Dustin - if they continue to be stupid I think my throat would be sore........unbelievable.

Hazel - greyhounds are great in that if you let them get unfit they will be content with two twenty minute walks a day but when fit they will walk for miles, as Sammy is not long off the track and we need her to settle in the day so we can work we're giving her four to five miles of a morning and then a mile or so in the afternoon. Until your riser arrives an old fashioned phone book will work (if you ever had one/have one tucked in the back of a cupboard). Saddle soreness is much more of an issue on the turbo as you don't move anywhere near as much. I used to intersperse my rides with regular short standing sections.

You were right Alehouse - I should have known the lyrics.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that you are not well Dustin and are going to have to take time off work. Most unlike you. Fresh air away from the city will help I'm sure.
    (Tongue in cheek post?)
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Solo run (4 miles easy)
    CV19 lockdown
    Last hard: life
    Lyrics no

Suspect I won't be swimming much in near future.

Dustin: @r$€h°|€$!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry you'll need to be self isolating for the foreseeable future Dustin. Sounds like your work are not taking this seriously enough.

Just been to doctor. Didn't step inside but had to collect prescription for Lucas in case eczema flares up again. Have to go to pharmacy in 5 days to collect the other meds which aren't " just in case".  Didn't like having to go to shops and doc. Feel quite exposed.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ah, my post must have been misinterpreted....
    I'm fine, but I am frankly astounded that my firm thinks it acceptable to have us travel on train and tube into work, when I could walk up the stairs and remote on from the attic study room. 
    Let's just say there was a robust discussion on what I thought of the company policy, even more so that two people in our Liverpool Street office have been confirmed as having Covid19 and the other 15 they work with are all at home now....
    We had an e-mail go round from the group CEO including this gem: "our primary concern is your health and well-being". 
    Sounds like BS to me...I did suggest to my direct manager that I'm thinking of taking a month's unpaid leave - we'll see how that progresses....

Lovely day out for running though: 6x600s around Millwall Park (Isle of Dogs), 8 in total.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I understood that you are perfectly well, Dustin...just that in the end you might need to tell them you are not. 

Lots of gardening here plus short run. Realising how little gardening I did last summer and into the autumn due to the back fracture.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ditto Dustin. Mine was a suggestion of what you might be forced to do.

I'm trying to get the motivation to garden at the moment ale. Just need to do 10 Min, but that seems like a huge challenge right now.

Runderwear challenge was tough today, my legs are starting to hurt!
  • Me three Dustin. I'd be developing a symptom that meant I was not allowed to go in to work.

Don't go aggravating your back Alehouse. I was thinking on my run how important it was to stay the right side of doing too much with no access to physio and not wanting to bother a GP who probably couldn't do anything anyway.

I would have to be really desperate to resort to gardening emzap :-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, LMH, was reminding myself about my back earlier after gardening...when I was cleaning windows! Decided to have a bath instead!
  • Assembled basic wind turbo trainer which arrived today (no front wheel support but can probably construct something myself.
    Els also bought new spade and seed tatties for me (I'm not allowed near the shops)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sounds like madness Dustin, sorry to hear that work is being like that..... glad the run helped

sorry to hear about the wedding OH. My niece's has also been cancelled along with a friend.

working from home for the foreseeable future, but may have to re-role when i go back due to my MS as on adjusted hours at present and Boss has made it clear that the team cannot carry the workload...  (even though supported by Occ health) still they are being pretty good.....

Got out for 3.37m which had some 150 intervals in it....

Lyrics - yes

Take care
  • OH - we didn't have a front wheel riser for quite a while when we first got a turbo and managed fine. Can you not get one delivered?

Alehouse - have you looked here: https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/coronavirus-covid-19/ to see if you need to be shielded? Fortunately my Symbicort is the lower dose so I don't qualify. Unfortunately the NHS have confirmed that they don't want me in any role because I'm 'at risk' :-(

RFJ - hope you can find plenty to occupy yourself with. I'm wfh but as it's only part time I'm already finding that I have too much time on my hands.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link, LMH! Worrying!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Just checking in briefly - hard day in my home office. I was really busy today.

Can't believe how they treat you, Dustin. I'd be livid too !

OH: hang in there

Great to hear Sammy is settling in.

I love a challenge, em. Understand that you must have felt vulnerable at the doctors. I'm giving everyone at the shops a wide berth at the mo and somehow I think GP's surgeries are full of gems...

Sorry to hear about your oh, wabo. I'm pretty sure I'll be facing reduced income too in the near future. Hopefully I can keep my job 🤞 reduced hours are a likely scenario.

Ouch re. saddle, Hazel. That's what I really don't like about cycling.

What: 3 mile run to the shops with an empty backpack, walk back with full one
    Why: shopping for mum
    Last hard: thinking about the future
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: yes