Sunday 29th march- It's our time, time today The right time is here to stay

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all
Apart from on holiday this is the longest me and oh spend together, so far so good. He did the grass yesterday and fixed window handles, I quite like this....
Yesterday's lyrics were, I'm going slightly mad by Queen

What shorter run, yoga, Tai chi and housework
Why I came over so tired yesterday
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

I knew the lyrics were familiar Wabo. Could be the start of something for you and OH? Good news that it's working out well.

Thinking of chamolk and hoping he's ok and is able to check in with us soon.

Grey, cold and windy here this morning. Hopefully it will keep the idiots indoors.

My left knee is still tweaky but I think in normal circumstances I'd try a run but I'm feeling unmotivated. I'm worried that if I don't keep running regularly I'll find it increasingly difficult to motivate myself to get out. Usually if I'm not running I'll go for several walks but of course that's not an option. I'm so unfit compared with usual as it is that if we do get back to normal it's going to be a big ask to get back to marathon fitness. Not something I need to worry about just now I know. Bit of a brain dump, sorry.

What:           maybe short and easy/maybe nothing
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    dealing with the situation
    Last rest:     28/3

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Totally with you, LMH. I'm feeling the same. I was supposed to do my last long run for Two Oceans today ... I know, luxury problems these days but occasionally I get a bit overwhelmed by everything. However, the hamstring injury would have stopped me anyway.

Luckily it's snowing today and really cold and windy. That makes not being able to run and the quest having to dig  up some mojo a bit easier to digest.

That's a good test for your relationship, wabo. Guess I should have gone to Specsavers to spot that stream in yesterday's pic :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Really cold and windy here as well, Chick.

What: 25 minutes fairly gentle off road d&d

Why: easy day and measuring different fields. My nearest is 900 metres around with a 400 metre field off of it. Lots of scope for staying away from people on those.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi. Somewhere between morning and afternoon here now.

Finding spending almost all of my time with OH sometimes a strain, we do get on but need a (run) break every now and then.

Brain dump away LMH. Know the feeling.  I think the mental strain is also affecting my physical fitness. Having backed off quite a bit regarding mileage I was expecting my legs to freshen up quite quickly but they haven't really.

No snow yet here Chicksta but turning windy again.

Good route investigation Ale.

What: hilly MLR planned
    Why: tire myself out a bit more
    Last rest: 28.03
    Last hard: working out what the time is. Slept in late on top of the clock's going forward - oops

Lyrics: no
  • You must have needed the sleep Hazel. Hope you enjoyed the MLR.

Have you decided to take extra precautions Alehouse?

A bit of a strange silver lining I guess chicksta - at least with the current situation you get your money back from the Two Oceans trip and can hopefully go next year.

Mark and I took Sammy out for her walk and I decided that I wasn't going to run today so when he turned for home with her I carried on for a longer walk (not wanting to go out twice for what had become my exercise). Not as many people out this morning - probably something to do with the wind and brief snow and sleet showers I guess. Just under ten miles walked and I feel better for it and not regretting not running. Currently baking and we will walk Sammy to MiL's this afternoon to deliver some supplies at a suitable outside, social distance.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon all.

the madness continues :-)

No2 Virtual parkrun yesterday and a years best to date to date as well, 22:56, so happy with that.

Nice run this morning (but cold and windy) with the first loop with Mrs RFJ for 6.37m, which aslo counts as my 10k effert for the COVID-19 virtual race... so a medal on its way.

Likely to hit 100m for the first time since diagnosis, so COVID-19 has got a small positive (5m to go)

Hope all are well - Take care all and stay safe
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, was in a bad mood but did get out for a 5 mile walk with Lucas and Mr emz.

Today did an hour of Pilates, runderwear session 1 (40 sec of Bulgarian split squats, wall sit, calf raises, bridges with 20 sec rest between X 4), gardening, a 2 mile walk and got another runderwear session to do this afternoon
    Why: filling my days with keeping fit
    Last hard: squatting!
    Lyrics: nope

Looks like a nice run wabo. Chick you'd not want to be in za now, there's currently a ban on buying alcohol!

Have a lovely day all
  • What eChurch then 3.89 mile run after lunch
    Why: to take me over 100 for March retaining some degree of normality.
    Last hard: foreseeing an end date
    Lyrics no

• Maybe appropriate for this group ...
    (even I managed a few!)
  • I may be going slightly mad emzap - I had a go at an online Hip Hop class and some beginners Zumba - neither very well - it did make me laugh though.

I can't see it ending any time soon either OH :-(

Good that you've been able to keep at it rfj.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Evening!

Thanks for the challenge, OH!

Did anyone else catch the question and answer session on the news?

Dr William Bird, GP and adviser to government on exercise: once a day exercise and that is strict guidance. He suggests 30 minutes to an hour...but then went on to say that there is no guidance on length but common sense says 20 to 30 minutes running a day.

Exercising twice a day: no, as that does not help ration public spaces, which is the intention of once a day. 

I also heard the current advice for dog walking on the radio: dog owners will be allowed to leave their home once a day to walk their pet as part of these exercising guidelines. Households with two or more adults can take it in turns to walk their dog if it usually goes more than once a day.

Dr Bird also emphasised how important it is to exercise muscle groups indoors as this will help the immune system.

In answer to someone who has yet to get a letter (like me) he said that there are now two vulnerable groups: "high risk" and "at risk". The main difference is that the high risk are not allowed out at all, whilst the at risk can exercise but are advised not to shop. Until I hear otherwise I will only go out to exercise. And must work on the indoor stuff!

In totally unrelated news, I have watched the International Space Station zoom by the last two evenings! It goes at a fair rate of knots: 17, 130 miles per hour. That's nearly 5 miles per second! This evening it should be visible, subject to cloud cover, at 8:42 in the UK, moving from West to South South East. Looks like a fast-moving star.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH your comment about going mad made me laugh!  I'm so rubbish at any of these videos that require coordination, I just can't get it right!

Ale good to hear.  I also heard them say that biscuits are an essential item :)