Tuesday 31st March 2020 - These four lonely walls have changed the way I feel

Morning...

Hope everyone is well this morning - great to see Chamolk do a quick check in yesterday evening.

Back later.

What: Some sort of a run
Why: Didn't run yesterday
Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: hopefully not used before..

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Morning!

Glad I checked that the thread had been started as was just going to press the button to start.

What: about 45 minutes, hopefully, and hopefully plus stretches

Why: longer run day/need to do. Did manage some yesterday.

Quite wet at present.

Lyrics: don't think so

Yesterday read the article below which confirms why we shouldn't be running hard at present. I know one of the contributors well and trust what he says:
    https://www.athleticsweekly.com/performance/expert-advice-coronavirus-guide-for-athletes-1039929061/?fbclid=IwAR21GAWDsMJGQQtRlb93bV9eUjCkMsRNPfGywi53xL4pR9WI3vat8XF49rc

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning hazel, I'll save some lyrics for next time lol! Literally just looked some up came back and they're you were
    Yes to these lyrics indeed
    Have a nice run hazel

What what the back allows
    Why it's been a tough night
    Last hard the mile yesterday
    Last rest still 31/12/16
    Yesterday's lyrics. The Beatles and when I'm 64, back making me feel more like 84
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Chamolk Glad to see you're ok. 
    Thankfully two family friends of mine who went to hospital yesterday were allowed back home to rest as they're over the worst of it. He's 70 and she's Late 60's.
    My little cousin who's a student nurse has it now but she's not too bad. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Morning again!

Are you now working from home, Wabo? And if so make sure you get a comfortable position. When I do my marking job I often find it easier to stand.
    Did you decide which jacket to get? I may have discount codes for sportsshoes.com (10%) and pete bland (15%): suspect they run out today!

Good to see Chamolk at what must be a difficult time.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning alehouse
    I've been wfh since last weds and the chair was awful. I have a different one now. I can't really stand due to the pc, printer all on a table and needing to be close to TV. Hopefully I won't need to sit too much today.

Didn't get a jacket yet and it has to be wiggle as I have vouchers.  Have a good run, I'll join you in stretching today!!
  • Morning,

Chamolk: good to see you and glad all is okay with you and the family.

LMH: I hope you are feeling a wee bit better today:-)

What: 6 mile run
    Wht: because I can
    Last hard:The world we live in
    Lyrics: Yes

A cold brisk 0 degree run early this morning and I saw no onea great time to run.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good to see chamolk poke his head round the door!
    Ale - saw that article yesterday (one of our club runners works at AW), useful tips

What - supposedly 1200s but legs still feel heavy so may just enjoy the sun today, push it a bit tomorrow
    Why - keeping in a routine
    Last Rest - 17/02
    Last hard - staying positive

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Meant to say I agree with you that it is important where  one runs at present, Dustin. Today on my 8.2 k outing I perhaps passed 10 people, so barely one per kilometre; if I had chosen another route it might have been one for every ten metres. 

Grey and cold for my run, and still is, with an icy breeze. Well wrapped up in my OMM jacket, hat, gloves, thermal top and tracksters. Had to take a slight detour as one of the paths I take is through a small riverside caravan park. No entry due to the virus. Would like to get out into the garden, but will have to settle for cataloguing my stamp collection for now. Stretching session later.
  • Afternoon..

Agree on picking one's routes carefully to avoid the masses.

Just scanned the article above Ale.  Thanks.

Hope you have a better night Wabo - do you at least take regular stand up and stroll around breaks?  Good news your friends and family are doing ok.

Enjoy the sun Dustin, those 1200s can wait though I know what you mean about sticking to a routine - it has been very easy to drop the speedwork somehow. 

I really should get up to run as well WP.  Well done for doing so.

LMH is quiet today?  Hope she is ok.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 5.2 km in search of defibs, then runderwear challenge, 5 burpees, 10 press ups, 15 sit ups (I did alternative suitable for me) for 12 min as many times as possible, then 2 x 30 sec planks
    Why: it was our club challenge!  I found 3.  Day 8 of runderwear challenge
    Last hard: that was!
    Lyrics: nope

Hi chamolk, good to see you
    Wabo glad they are over the worst and look after that back
    Ale take it easy

This March has been my lowest ever March mileage, though there's been plenty of reasons why!

Have a lovely day all