Wednesday, 1st April 2020 - More lies about a world

Morning all. Sorry, I'm still trying to find those 61 song titles in OH's pic and completely forgot to post :D

Lyrics: More lies about a world
That never was and never will be

Good to see chamolk pop in.

Hope LMH is ok.

That's awful regarding the pharmacy queues,  em.

Well done guys for doing online classes. I'm another one that lacks coordination badly. I did a mobility workout in Sunday which left me so sore that I did nothing but walk yesterday and the day before.
Ouch.

Jeez ale, that sounds very restrictive. I guess I would just get up at 3 or 4am when all Stasi neighbours are asleep. Luckily we have only nice people in the vicinity.

Wabo/LMH: my back isn't happy either. I'm now getting up from my desk every 30 mins, walk a downstairs lap, stretch a bit and go back up. A bit less sore today so I may throw in some squats, lunges, glute bridges, push-ups etc.

I may also try a cautious bit of run/walk.

Comments

• Morning

Feel guilty about not doing more core work....

Hope you can run/walk today Chicksta.

March miles: 213.  Started the month still in marathon training.  Last couple of weeks were in the forties though so likely to drop for April.  Unsurprisingly no races.

Yesterday's lyrics: Runnin' by Naughty Boy

What: a run with some sort of speedwork, not sure what - maybe some fartlek.
    Why: shouldn't run at the same effort all the time
    Last hard: not sure what to do about my Hamburg marathon place: postponement date is finally through to 13th September.  I can also defer to next year or 2022 (both with an extra fee) or get my money back altogether.  Have some time to make a decision yet.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run/stretches

Why: ran longer yesterday

Grey and cold again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: runderwear challenge (not sure what yet) and walk to find all the colours of the rainbow
    Why: running club challenge
    Last hard: yesterday feeling niggly today
    Lyrics: nope

We slept last night!!! First time since beginning of Feb...
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Looks to be another splendid (but bitterly cold) day out there
    What - steady miles
    Why - ticking over
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - yesterday in the end. Opted for 6 tempo trail/MT miles. Fairly dry underfoot but still quite rutted. Pace not amazing (7:45s) but with going mostly undulating and uneven, it was a solid enough workout. 10 in total.
    Usual run in with loose dog to finish:
    them - "they won't hurt" 
    me - "If I was a small child they would be very scary, keep them on a lead"
    them - "they're not my dogs"
    me - "how do you know they won't hurt then, and even more reason to keep them on a lead" <slaps forehead>
    them - "jog on"
    me - <resigned sigh>

March miles ~260
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning again!

Still cold and grey here, although the wind has at least temporarily dropped. Around 5 degrees. 

What: short run d&d, stretches later

Why: see earlier post!

Challenges sound fun, Emz!

Hope you get/got out for a bit of a run, Chick!

And hope you get something quicker done, Hazel.

LMH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning

Nothing from me today apart from a walk to village for potatoes.Feeling wiped out again hope tomorrow is better.

Mile for March 179.5 miles highest this year.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

chicksta I am now getting up every 30 mins like you, walking about stretching it out.  Also taken ibuprofen. 
    My March was rubbish WP, not even close to the 100 I wanted.  87 or something I think
    alehouse, nice running!
    Dustin so they are maybe using other peoples dogs to get out - No excuse. Jog on how dare they!!
    emzap I have my sons first teddy in my window, people are doing  that as well.  How great was that sleep?? happy for you
    hazel, lots of choices about the marathon.  ENjoy your run
    WHat: short walk, with a run to follow
    why: the walk eases the back out before I run
    last hard: yesterdays run
    last rest: 31/12/16

Yesterdays run did feel a tiny bit better than MOnday so I hope I might get as far as my daughters to put two gifts on the doorstep then talk from the pavement downstairs.
    strange times, but my mum said, oh well we just have to do what they say and get on with it.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Runderwear was tough!

Wabo your mumma is a wise woman!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    poppy hope you pick up soon
    just back did just over a mile which started as a walk and ended as a jog.  With a stop off to the local pub because the landlord is making up packages of food for the more needy in our area, I donated a bag of tins and bits. Took two little gifts to jodie and cleo (lyla had hers) chatted up to them at their window and then ran very slowly back.  My back feels best when jogging, mad.  It is getting t here slowly slowly
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Any new food here for the people?