Thursday, 2nd April 2020 - Run over stiles, across fields,

Lyrics today :
Run over stiles, across fields,
Turn to look at who's on your heels

Didn't sleep much last night and listened to this on some obscure American internet radio channel :)

Glad you managed some sleep, em.

Nice miles poppy and Hazel. I'm at 150 but I only ran 2 weeks in March before I lost my mojo on hols and then injured my leg.

Hazel: Good you can get your money back. Tbh, I can't see any major events happening this year so I would probably choose that option.

I lost my Two Oceans fee. They decided to do no refunds and won't allow to defer either. Without any big sponsor this year I guess they're so tight that they can't pay any monies back. The travel company paid out on Monday, which is a huge relief.

Yesterday's lyrics were Evanescense with Everybody's Fool.

Hope LMH is ok. Very unlike her to be so quiet on here.

Wabo: that was a lovely and charitable bit of exercise yesterday. Your mum is right. We're a lucky generation that never had to suffer war or hunger.

Grrrr re stupid dog walkers, Dustin.

Managed a bit of run/walk yesterday and also a few s&c exercises.

Going to run/walk to the shops this morning for bananas and a few other bits and bobs (limited ny the size of my running backpack).

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick - I sort of get it with entry fees
    Where local, club run events are cancelled, i'm trying to let them keep my fee and I'll re-enter. I know from the race my club put on (not cancelled yet - end of June) we'll "lose" about £6k. In reality it's lost entry fees that won't pay next year plus costs already paid - medals, adverts, flyers.

What - debating either a longer run or some intervals. Being daylight - and very quiet - the former appeals more. Not as if I'm racing anytome soon...
    Legs need a thrashing though....
    Why - see above
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - Tuesday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: whatever the legs decide, plus another short stretching session

Why: that sort of day, and trying to do some stretches daily

135k for March, no races and one parkrun: seems ages since the 7th March!

Enjoy the long run, Dustin, if that's what you choose. I'm sure it is a time for base-building.

Trust you, and your legs, survive the shopping expedition, Chick!

Hope LMH pops in soon! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I'm still torn on the issue of reimbursements for race fees.   Trying to put it into words: I fully understand the concerns around club-based events.  These are generally reasonably priced here.  My club based hill race series have offered a full refund for all people who had already signed up to individual races which won't take place.  I was already considering making a donation to these clubs in the hope that next year's race will take place.  I do however have an issue with the big expensive commercial events which are currently crying for donations and are silent on any type of reimbursement / deferrment policy at the same time for people who are already signed up (I have 2 such races).  The major time-keeping company here set this rolling - the small events don't use the company as they are too expensive.    Depending on the race I might be willing to donate a part of my fee but not all of it.

Chicksta I will probably go for the money back option in Hamburg or postpone to 2021.  I don't see it happening in 2020 either.  Very good news your got your travel costs back.  Good luck with the banana hunt.

+1 to long run Dustin - enjoy.  Nice tempo running yesterday.  Bloody dogs.

Base-building yes but why not with the odd addition of a long run if current fitness allows and the thrashing isn't too intensive.

Good idea with the donation Wabo.  Can imagine that the back prefers movement to sitting.

Good mileage WP - hope you are feeling better today.

Did you find all the colours emzap?  Must be lots of choice at the moment with it being spring.

Worried about LMH...

What: recovery run
    Why: did some speedwork yesterday - progressive laps around a field - was quite fun and doing the laps helped me to concentrate
    Last hard: seems we are threatened by the prospect of furloughs at work after all.  Checking up I will fall through the net for compensation.  Last week the talk was of we have more than enough to do but if my customer stops some projects...
    Last rest:  30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • With regards to races I have 3 paid for, one was to race Sunday but I had the choice of new date end of September,virtual race or defer for 2021 and they waived there usual fee.I opted to defer as who knows what will happen over the summer.
    One at end of July a club local race I imagine that it may not go ahead and will lose the money as a club race and happy with that as I want to run the race next year.
    September a 10k which raises money for Kidney research so I imagine we will lose the money due to costs if it does not go ahead.

I have a  NYE race and I hope that that will go ahead!!

I am sure LMH will be back when ready, she has had a few issues with her knee.

What 5 miles
    Why: Body said lets do this
    Last hard: world events/tiredness
    Lyrics:No  but I knew yesterday's

Leg still giving me issue but not enough for it was a fast run this morning over the hills.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Waiting until 5pm for daily allowed run by which time 50mph winds with wintry showers might have settled.
    Bit of carpentry this morning using scraps from garage (no more supplies of wood etc as builders merchants all closed)
    Last hard: getting used to idea of weeks to come.
    Lyrics no
  • BBC forecast was correct :smile: