Tips to run a faster 3km

Hi guys, I’m new here and have started running again because football and training etc has been cancelled. Went out for a 3k yesterday and ran it in 13 minutes dead.
Im 18 and like to think I’m pretty fit. Anyone have any quick tips, eg on technique and stuff.
Cheers

Comments

• In my experience, you need to put in the miles to get the times down! Mix up long runs, hill runs, all that good stuff. Have rest days.
  • Gradually build aerobic fitness with 3 or 4 easy runs per week and run either a Park Run as a tempo run or run intervals of  200 or 400m with walk recoveries. Warm up before the tempo run or intervals and cool down with an easy jog and do some stretches.

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/mackeral">mackeral</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">In my experience, you need to put in the miles to get the times down! Mix up long runs, hill runs, all that good stuff. Have rest days.</div>
    </blockquote>
    Cheers, today’s a rest day today, ran 12.35 yesterday so already improvement there. Most of the run is a hill run so I need to get some longer runs in
  • I don't know what your interests are about, but it's okay because it's great to be back to your hobbies now. I quit working out so I have to practice regularly, so if you are unable to go out for a jog someday or the weather is favorable, you can work out right in your home. So you can buy a treadmill placed in your house. You can go to treadmillcheck.com so you can choose to buy yourself a suitable treadmill.