Friday 3rd April 2020 We've been broken down

Morning!

Lyrics: We've been broken down 
To the lowest turn

Hope they are appropriate at this difficult time.

Glad the weather changed, OH! Thought of you on yesterday's run when the strong icy wind seemed to be blowing directly from the Orkneys!

What: whatever the legs decide plus stretches

Why: hopefully a little longer than yesterday when the legs weren't keen to play

And we are missing you LMH
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning

Good run timing OH.  What did you make with you pieces of wood?  (nosy - sorry).

Come on Ales' legs.. behave! (hopefully correct use of apostrophe..)

What: short MLR hopefully
    Why: only shorter runs so far this week
    Next hard: several telcos today with video - put on a decent top rather than a scruffy T-shirt to celebrate. 
    Last hard: would have been the first hill race today and would have been perfect conditions for it.  Will solo run it at some point this year I hope.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hope LmH is OK, just pop in and say Hi please....
    Hazel - re race fees, yes, I did caveat my thoughts with respect to those that are local "club" run. 
    Technically I'm still in the South Downs Relay (06/06), our marathon (21/06) & Mont Blanc (28/06), none of which have been cancelled. Yet. 
    For our club race we will make a call by the end of this month but were 99% sure we know what the outcome will be....

What - stretch the legs
    Why - worked through yesterday so went out at half 4 over the fields and woods. Found it hard going, legs had no zip and struggled with enthusiasm. Managed to add a couple of extra loops in so called it a day at 11.5 miles. 
    Very quiet : 2 pairs of walkers, 2 guys on a bike, and one of our juniors doing 200s across the cricket pitch (tsk). 
    Last rest - today will be light and easy before that 17/02
    last hard - yesterday although neither pace nor distance were spectacular

On the good news side, after 3 days of badgering and threatening my company have finally realised that we can work from home so, I should dodge London for the forseeable. 
    I have said I can go in if absolutely necessary (as we all have), but until then, I have a flight of stairs to the study as my commute!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's the good thing about wfh, Dustin. The best commute ever. Glad you  managed to get that sorted.

Hazel: Hope you won't be furloughed (that's a new word I learned - never heard of it before). And with you on the video conferences. I have 3 or 4 every day so my top half looks smart but I wear leggings and thick socks under my desk ;)

I have no problem losing my fees on small races - but the large ones where especially overseas visitors get ripped off a bit don't go down that well. Anyway, I've made my peace with the whole situation. Maybe I will give it another go next year or the year after. Health permitting. 

Ale: were the lets keen?

I managed a shuffle to the shops and back yesterday plus a bit of s&c. Today is typical April weather. Cold, very windy and either rain or sleet. I hope it settles a bit in the afternoon as I'd like to shuffle some more or at least get a walk in.

Yesterday's lyrics were The loneliness of the long distance runner, Iron Maiden.
  • Nice spring day here so 7.2 miles up local hill.
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: lack of certainty
    Lyrics: no

Hope LMH is OK

• yesterday's woodcutting along with "one I made earlier"
    Orkney "Creepie" - a traditional stool 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    missed a day yesterday, back slowly getting better and so now the pain is in my left glute and like sciatica... 
    wfh runs seem to get a bit boring though, have to go from the door which gets samey as I am not doing much distance
    CHick hope you get some more in
    Dustin join my world next week, it is a strange one lol
    hazel enjoy the short mlr  run
    alehouse hope the legs manage
    what: dropping a delivery off to a mate, veg and stuff so I will run from her door
    why: oh driving and will leave me there
    last hard: yesterday, only 1.6
    last rest: still 31./12.16
    I am going to attempt 5k for my club's virtual challenge - get he club to 250 5k virtual park runs (not the actual courses)

Hope fully it will give me a boost, a very dear friend is undergoing surgery as I type, bowel and ovaries being removed stage 4 cancer :-( Such a worry.
    Keep strong everyone xx
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon

What 6.2 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: the world we live in at the moment/lack of sleep due to the heat.
    Lyrics: Yes

First day no numbness in leg so happy.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Chicksta
    Furlough was originally an agricultural term meaning leaving land fallow (uncultivated) for a year to recover.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh that is beautiful
    LMH where are you? x

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back from a very slow but pleasant 5k
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Sorry forgot to post yesterday.  Walk and runderwear challenge completed today and yesterday.  Today is last day of mat leave, feeling a bit emotional about it.

Will post more tomorrow :)