Monday 6th April 2020 It's not warm when she's away

Morning!

Lyrics: It's not warm when she's away...
And she's always gone too long

2nd and 4th lines!

What: a run of some description

Why: may just be a leg loosener as feel a bit tender

Was little sunshine here yesterday: the rest of the country seemed to bathe in it judging by the reports of gatherings.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    I know the lyrics
    Yesterday's were Miss you- rolling stones. 
    Chamolk can I ask what you do? That's a lot of hours. I imagine it's mega important. Glad you are all keeping well. 

What 5 k later probably
    Why got stuff to do 
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Just got a text with a time slot tomorrow for treadmill, it feels real now! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse are you tender from running or other reasons? Hope you manage a nice run
  • Morning.

Good lyrics Ale.  Can imagine two ways of interpreting them.  But maybe no intentions behind them at all..
    Shame you haven't got the sunshine of other places.  Hope the tenderness allows for a decent run, bad luck on the fall, shame about the tracksters. 

Wabo chamolk is an out-of-hours GP if I remember right. Bet you are looking forward to the TM!  Enjoy the 5k.

Parks being closed in the cities (same here) makes me appreciate all the more that I have access to green spaces!

Bedroom window open all year for us too WP. 

You are making me feel guilty with all that tidying up Dustin.  Good trail running but not nice about the dog.

Chamolk those are scary hours - really hope that things calm down soon so that you can get that break later in the year.

Sorry the hamstring is still troubling you that much Chicksta.

What: not sure - might cycle or go for a short run
    Why: Monday is normally a run rest day but need the outing somehow.
    Last hard: PIL...
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: possibly
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning again!

Hazel: the lyrics are weather related! And yes, good to see Chamolk pop in, and yes I understand that he is an out of hours GP, also.

Wabo: my body just feels tired I think! Could be from gardening (back and upper arms), stretches (hips and hamstrings sore) or yesterday's trip (wrists took the brunt of it)! May also need a cutback week: I know it isn't much but the last three weeks have been 30,57, 31, 32.58. Kilometres unfortunately! Progressive consistent consistency though!

I look forward to hearing how you get on with the treadmill! Not sure where I could put one!

What: just over 6k

Why: decided against anything longer. (Monday is usually a longer day, and usually with M75...he moved into a new age group last week but can't take advantage of it, nor can we run together!).. Wind was particularly annoying today. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good to see chamolk pop in! Busy week too. 
    What - easy lunchtime
    Why - get some air
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - running wise, last week
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Pouring here now, just as I was going to garden. Daughter on way: she won't be coming in but is doing a big shop for me. My only excursions off the property are now just my daily runs! Glad I have gardens!
  • Morning all

Wabo: Good luck with treadmill tomorrow:-)

What: 6 mile run
    Why: because
    Last hard: World news
    Lyrics: Not sure maybe

We had rain over night but a warm 7 degree's at 6am.I have shopping delivered today but last one as can not get another slot.Just going to contact Surgery over Mr P's illness and why he is not on cocoon list if I can speak to his GP.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    that makes sense about chamolk  then hazel
    ALehouse oh course the trip would have made a lot ache, jarring etc!!
    OH has built a shoe rack this morning out  of the slats of an old kids bed Cleo used to sleep in!! Making massive differences to the house :smile:
    CHeers Poppy, never like them in gyms but I don't like gyms so I think thats the main reason Nice running! Hope you get help re mr p
    Hazel enjoy whichever you choose
    OH has just popped to his mums to cut the grass, he doesnt go near her! Then when he is back he wants to attempt a run with me which willbe nice

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    10k at lunchtime, legs felt heavy. 
    Like Ale the only time I've been out the house in the past 9 days is for a run. Missus went shopping on Thursday. I've been in the garden but that's it. 
    Actually heading out shortly - gasp, for a 2nd time today - giving blood. I think that's allowed....
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is, Dustin.

Enjoy your run in company, wabo and I hope the TM will be put to good use. Your OH is a man of many talents :)

Wow chamolk, that is a massive working week.

Glorious day here and I managed 3 miles with just two small walk breaks. Shortening the stride and lots of eccentric hamstring work seems to do the trick. I'm pretty sure it's a partial tear as my usual routine of stretching, foam-rollering and spiky ball only make it worse.

Hope you managed to sort things out with Mr. P's doctor, poppy.

Did you cycle, Hazel? We were thinking of it but it's so busy out there that we'd be swerving on and off the path all the time to avoid getting too close to people.

Yes to lyrics :)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

sorry didn't pop in yesterday

running is going well, just trying to balance between enough and too much in this lockdown and working from home etc.

did my first 100m month since diagnosis, and will do the same on current projections.... as expected all my appointments have been cancelled.....

whilst enjoying the running, i am eating more again as at home and MRS RFJ keeps baking :-)

Take care