Tuesday, 7th April 2020 - Oh Lord, don't keep me up all night

Good morning :)

Lyrics: Oh Lord, don't keep me up all night

Another night with little sleep unfortunately.

Nice miles,  RFJ. Send some of Mrs. RFJ's goodies over ;)

Have a good day  all :)

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning, 
    Chick - afternoon nap perhaps?
    RFJ - good to see you and solid mileage again! If Mrs has any spares, you know where I am!

What - maybe an easy run later
    Why - gave blood last night and usually feel "flat" the day after so not going for speed.
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - They all seem to be at the moment!
    Top marks for the NHS blood crew last night, social distancing and plenty of hand sanitiser around. All had face masks too. I was in and out within 35 minutes. I normally wait an hour or more just to get seen, and that's with an appointment!

• Morning..

Gets in the queue for Mrs RFJ's goodies as I only have one slice of my homemade cake left.  Good news from you RFJ.  Hope those appointments can swiftly be sorted out once things are up and running again.

Well done for giving blood Dustin - there have been worries about stocks getting short here.  Sounds like they were very well organized. More or less the same for me too regarding only going out to exercice. 

Afternoon nap might be an idea Chicksta.  If I cycle I generally do it on quiet roads - plenty of those around here fortunately.  I did cycle yesterday evening - but on the turbo at home as OH wanted me to test out the fix he did to the speedo.  Also a short recovery jog.

Please send us some rain WP - very dry and warm here.  Hope you were able to get infos from the surgery regarding Mr P.

Shoe rack sounds good Wabo.  Bet you are looking forward to that delivery today.

What: some miles later
    Why: get me out of the door
    Last hard: mojo for everyday tasks
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Ain't no sunshine, Bill Withers.

Sun out today, but very chilly.

What: whatever the legs decide plus stretches plus gardening

Why: running to feel

Looking forward to the treadmill report!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse have a nice run and enjoy the gardening, treadmill between 4 and 6, beyond excited!
    Dustin top man, take it easy today.  I emailed the blood people because I don't have an appointment for a while and just wondered if they have any kind of arrangement where i can just pop along without one a bit sooner. 
    Maybe I will just try all they can do is send me away I guess!
    Hazel Enjoy your miles and well done on the turbo, I must do that
    RFJ, best I don't ask for any of mrs rfj's baking, getting a tummy onme! Good miles!
    Chicksta OH actually blew me out for t he run and felt bad, he just didn't fancy it! I did a solo run, dropped some tablets to my daughters door step and he picked me up. Maybe try a siesta like everyone says

What heading out soon for yet another 5k
    why: I am happy to do that every day when I can
    last hard: last nights solo
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

If we get anymore rain you can have some Hazel:-)

Wabo: Beyond excited.......LOL hope it lives up to expectations :)

What: 7.3 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: World news
    Lyrics: Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: just over 6k in two parts. 

Why: struggled the first couple of kms so stopped and stretched for a while; the second half was fine and I even added an extra hill. Sunny but cold due to the wind.

Some sad news this morning: my daughter's partner's grandfather passed away. He was in a care home nearby and was rushed to hospital on Sunday with symptoms of the virus. Daughter's partner's mum was able to visit wearing full protection and was warned that he was not, at 88, likely to survive even though in good health, although in care due to dementia. Sunday was a shock; today was no surprise and perhaps even a relief. 
    Probably going to be difficult in daughter's household as her partner's parents have been staying there whilst their apartment is being re-furbished. Only another three or four months to go! And as there was possible contact with coronavirus all four of them have been told to self-isolate for 14 days. And from a selfish point of view, means daughter can't get my shopping either!

Enjoy the treadmill, Wabo
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yeah it makes it hit home a bit more when it's people you know who are affected doesn't it ale. I know a few people who have lost family members, so sad.

Sorry, forgot to post yesterday, first day back at work and it took me 4.5 hours to log on!  Managed a lunchtime walk and runderwear challenge. Same today.

Have a lovely day all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's sad, ale.

I'm spending my afternoon in video conferences, not sure a nap would go down that well :D

Managed an unbelievably slow 5 miles. Dunno where my fitness has gone ... ffs, I ran 25.5 a month ago and felt fine 🤷‍♀️
    Now I'm thinking of 5 as my long run. Must be the unnatural stride pattern but if it means I have no pain I just take it.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that alehouse
    Chicksta it's hard when It feels like that

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Looking good Wabo! Obviously important: club vest on! Been meaning to ask, how's your mum doing? I can hear mine being philosophical and saying "whatever will be, will be" or something like that! Hope the treadmill works out well!

Not sure what to suggest, Chick, re the hamstring. Last time I had a problem I was told by one of my running doctor friend to do little or no running for 9 weeks given my age. He was right, unfortunately. That would not be good for sanity at present!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    My mum's is ' well we've got to do what we're told until it's done' 
    🤣
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good attitude from mum, Wabo! I assume from that she is ok!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    great Pic Wabo

might have to get MRS RFJ a bakery at this rate.... :-) I can say that the Parkin and Choc and nut cookies are rather nice... (follows the oat and nut cookies and lemon and lime cookies last week....) it means that we are not buying snack / cereal bars at present....

Thanks for all the comments - inetrvals today 10 x .1m off same recoveries...

No to the lyrics

Also has some inevitable news today that the MILs sister passed away last night (she was in her 90's and wasn't COVID related.

Take care all