My Last Run

Comments

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Good mileage, Cal, but look after your tootsies!

Shorts?  Year-round plumage for me - when I'm running.  Tonight, managed to log an hour's running for the first time in 11 months.  Calm conditions for trails to the old coastguard station, then down the beach to the Marina with little company.  Super moon was warming up over the boating lake as I finished.

GonnaRun: warm baths and a few videos on strengthening [rather than stretching].

MalMal - watch out for shiun splints: no fun at all.

JD1 - sensible approach.  Monitoring outdoor activity would present such a draw on police [or armed forces, or even volunteers] as to be impracticable imho.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    GonnaRunna - I agree with swittle - have a good soak and a gentle stretch and then do some core and glute strength work.

Malteser - that sounds like you started too fast. If I do that, I always seem to start to suffer at 8 miles. I'd prescribe a gentle walk to get some blood into those areas but I'm guessing that's not an option at the moment so, as above, warm bath and gentle stretching.

I'm not following a plan at the moment but running mostly by how I feel. I banged out another 10 today - varied the route slightly so I didn't finish back via the common and didn't have any problems with other people. Didn't fall over either, so that was a plus! It was rather enjoyable - running early morning, all the flowers and plants in people's gardens smell rather fragrant.
    Oddly, I was within 5 seconds of the time I ran yesterday - I guess I'm pretty consistent.
  • Imagines swittle running on his beach wearing feathers... Up to an hour already - that's great.

Hi GonnaRunna.  Well done for getting back to running.  How about your shoes?  If you are wearing old worn-out ones it could be jarring your back.  Might be an option to invest in new ones though at the moment it might be hard to get suitable ones.  Are you running all of your 1-2 miles?  It could seem like a step back and you could do more but how about breaking back in gently with a run-walk program to give your back a chance to adapt to the unusal activity?    

MalMal if you don't want to have a rest day then gentle recovery only for certain if your legs hurt that much.  That might prevent the calves from stiffening up altogether.   Nice half.

Enjoy your walk today JD.   

Nice 10 Cal.  Certainly a nice time of year for garden watching.  Not following any sort of plan at the moment either.  I am putting in a couple of runs with some sort of effort each week again but going by feel and mixing up some minor speedwork with hills.  Enough to feel as though I have done something but not too much to leave me coming home feeling exhausted.

7.7 miles yesterday evening doing some hillwork.  Convenient little loop with around 30m of ascent / descent per km not too far away so ran that 6 times at varying efforts - 3 x clockwise and 3 x anti-clockwise so that I had the off-road bit (roughish farm track) both downhill and uphill.  Good thing the shooting range wasn't in use or I would have lost my head.  My activities were noticed by 3 boys playing football in their garden - "she's going past AGAIN"..  Warm again. 
  • Thanks for replies guys, 

strangely I’ve woken up to and it’s feeling lot better already (was reading 4-8 weeks of pain on google, although this referred to a damaged tailbone from impact, I hadn’t had any direct impact on mine) 
    just going to do a 2-3 mile walk today to check all is ok and hopefully be back running in no more, I think my posture could have not been helping after looking into this, as mentioned by an above poster. <div>Thanks. Stay safe :) </div>
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    It sounds like something tight was pulling on it. I've had twinges there from time to time but not to the extent that you did. Strength work will help.

Well done Hazelnut! Did some hills myself today.

Out early today - ten to six - so decided to head to Streatham Common for some hill repeats. I stuck to the main part of the common for this so it was a simple circuit - pushed the pace on the uphill (a hill that increases in steepness then evens out again and is quarter of a mile long), recover at the top, go a bit faster downhill to practise that though not flat out as it's grass that was muddy and is now rather lumpy, then recover at again at the bottom.
    I did two miles warm-up pace on the way there, then hit the first hill towards the end of my third mile. Did four circuits then back home for a total of 8 miles. Happy to average 9:56 on the last two laps, considering I've been over 11s on occassion.
    Nice morning and not to many people to worry about at that time!
  • Nice hills yourself Cal.  Good idea to practice downs as well as ups.  I definitely lose time in races on the downs.  Some people just fly...

Recovery 5 for me yesterday evening, bit sluggish.  Warm again.  Noticing an increase of traffic.  We don't have rules on driving for a purpose here and it seems that aimlessly driving around for pleasure is increasing.  Must admit I did take a rather long-winded route to go shopping on my moped yesterday but I won't go out on it just for the hell of it.  
  • Hazelnut, I have also noticed an increase of people driving. I usually run in the evenings so I am hoping it is people returning from key work.

Cheers for all of your advice, everybody regarding recovery.

Yesterday, I took it really slowly as you all suggested running with my partner. It was a painful first mile, but at an average pace of 11:36mm (first two miles half a minute quicker than before), I actually felt kind of alright. 

Today, felt like doing a gentle 6 miles, trying to pay attention to pace. First mile was still too quick, but it was about a minute slower than usual so I'm happy with that. Started to suffer by mile 3 though and the last 3 miles up hill were horrendous. 

If anything, I've been able to troubleshoot my muscle issues and figure out where the pain really is. Weirdly enough, it's all in my quads. My quads are tight, one of my muscles behind my left knee is tight, my hamstring is a bit tight, as are my glutes, and I have a bit of hip pain. Even weirder is that it's mostly in my left leg, but not so much my right leg...admittedly, I don't think having to climb up a long steep hill, every run, is doing my quads any favours.

Definitely restricting myself to shorter runs, but if Tuesday's 13.2 miles showed me anything, it's that I need to run further, more regularly, so that my legs can get used to the distance more frequently.
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    Well done on passing the hour mark Swittle.Is there a coastal path from Crosby to Southport?That would be a good run if there is.

Nice hill repeats Cal.It's been great weather for early morning runs.

Hazelnut,there's been reports over here of people visiting supermarkets and walking round aimlessly,just to get out of house.I enjoy the downs,especially when your heart is in your mouth.

Up early for an 8.25 miles with Polly,along the canal.Heard a few woodpeckers and plenty of lambs bleating,it was lovely and quiet.Started the dreaded decorating,girls rooms finished,going to have a nice rest when I start my night shifts tomorrow.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    How're you feeling today, Gonna Run?

That's a testing session, Cal.  Early running was my thing when I was teaching.  No, I'm a 'round sunset slob'!  Nature seems untroubled by the pandemic, JD1  :smiley:

Yes, Hazel, the warmth of today, even at sunset, caught me out as I paused to remove my thin rain jacket.  50 minutes, trails out, beach & lakes home, and 10:15 pace.  Need to check that route again.  [I don't 'do' GPS btw.]

MalMal: you're the only one who can diagnose your leg issues - it sounds like you're using some sensible approaches.

Thanks, JD1.  The S Sefton Coastal Path is now well made and maintained - however, I would often pathfind through the dunes and heath beyond Hightown; and Formby Point is a treasure trove for the multi-terrain fan, with sand dunes as far as Ainsdale and paths onwards to Southport.

• At some point your quads will hopefully hut up and get on with that hill MalMal.  Do you do some stretching?  Agree on running long reguarly to run long comfortably.

Nice canal running JD.

I do like my GPS swittle though do spend too much time looking at it out running. A good outing is actually one on which I acknowledge the km beep, maybe look at a split but otherwise ignore it.  I remember looking at a multitude of interesting trails up off the beach but didn't test any. I think we wandered to the stepped on turtle baths and back.

More hills for me yesterday, 13.5 miles with a couple steep ones reducing me to a shuffle. Walking could well have been faster.  One farmyard trough drinking opportunity and I was pretty thirsty by the time I got home. The waiting cold AF beer went down in less than 5 minutes.
  • Hazel - hills pay the bills! It sucks when you think you're shuffling, I feel like that along the flats sometimes, but cracking effort and a beer well deserved.

JD - Do you prefer canal running to road/trail running? Or is it just more convenient?

Swittle - how do you find it running on the sand dunes, if you do? Not sure I'd like running with sand in my shoes

Usual recovery 3 miles for me today with my partner. We took the first two miles quicker than usual, so a new PB for her. Right leg now okay, left quad now the only remaining issue. Will continue to recover for a few more days methinks
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good session, Hazelnut. I'm still figuring out if I want to do a longer hilly Streatham run tomorrow or a flatter run. We'll see.

Malteser, well done to your partner and glad your legs are starting to ease a bit. Keep stretching those quads out eh?

I had another crack at running a 5K today - I do parkrun every week after all, and it's been useful for working on my speed. Went out early again and jogged a mile to warm-up (didn't trip this time!) then started on my 5K. I am not sure what changed as I didn't feel appreciably different, but the first mile was 30 seconds slower than last week and although I got a bit quicker on subsequent miles, I could only manage 25:42. Not sure if it was down to poorer sleep this week (as it's now warm I get hot at night and wake up a few times) or the fact I did hill repeats on Thursday, but I couldn't seem to push as hard. I think I could have done with another mile in my warm-up this week, maybe.
    It was still a lovely morning and I did a further three miles to cool-down rather than just the one - the cherry blossoms are incredible at the moment.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Hazel, I don't even have a smartphone: I'm a true descendant of Ned Ludd!  Hills and HM mileage + is impressive.

MalMal - the almost constant winds along the NW coast ensure sand builds up in gaps and pathways leadiung from the beach.  The sand is very fine but, because of that, finds its way into shoes easily.  And a stop is sometimes made if my toes cannot move well.  Occasionally, I'll explore dunes with firmer surfaces but don't use them as training sites.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Cal, yours is a good point about even a modest rise in the temperature.  As my fitness is still quite modest, I find I need to run around sunset - no earlies for me yet!
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Well done to all who have kept up their running and shout outs to everyone. In the current circumstances getting out regularly is so important both for physical and mental health.

Apologies for the lack of posting recently, combination of two weeks off due to my contract finishing and deciding to have something of a technological detox and then starting last week in my new job (which to paraphrase The Who is "same as the old job".....).

Holiday was indeed cancelled, rightly so, but used the first week I had booked off to get some mileage in the legs, running on 5 of the 7 days. Struggled on the flats where the pace picked up, but found I was far better on some of the hilly runs we did. So bragging rights with my partner were split as she would destroy me on the flat runs and I would pay back on the hills.

The back is still not 100% and has been restricting my pace a touch. I tried to do some tempo work this week when I managed to get a break from work, but found it stiffened up considerably, however there are green shoots of recovery as some of the longer runs we've done I've managed to up the pace.

A 10K yesterday on the flat of the seafront was at 8:37min/mile pace, which I was surprised by especially as it was supposed to be an easy run. 

Today another flat run alongside the Adur - 11K and an attempt (at least on my part) to slow the pace down, keeping it to 9min/mil on the outrun, however this jumped to 8:40 on the way back (you can guess who lead on the way back - she beat me).

The other news was that annoyed with my lack of pace and thinking of how my back was struggling I decided to buy new runners. I'd toyed with the idea of the Nike Fly series for some time and as I'm not spending my normal weekly amount on coffee decided to go for it. In the end I felt the Vaporfly was too much to justify, but did go for the Zoom Fly 3, buying a pair for my partner as well. This was probably my mistake as she loves these and is now pushing the pace even more. I have to say I'm enjoying them too, took me a mile or so to get used to them, but it's true what they say that it can be difficult to run slowly in them as it seems to encourage you to speed up. I'm hoping that a bit more work on speed and endurance will mean I can get the full benefit from them.

• JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

Good to hear you're feeling better Malteser,just keep stretching,there's loads of exercises on you tube to help you out.At the moment I've been sticking to the canal but I do like trail and getting up into the hills,when I'm feeling like my old self I'll be making more of an effort.

Very respectable 5k Cal.Must be very strange living in a quieter London.

Nice to hear from you GD,glad there's some green shoots of recovery.I'm sure your Zoom Fly 3 will make you quicker.It's amazing how much money I'm saving with the cafes being closed and driving far less.

8.22 miles this afternoon,left Polly behind as it was far too warm.First 4 miles I was averaging 7.10m/m but I knew I couldn't keep it up,I was struggling to get my breathing right,felt like I wasn't getting enough oxygen in.So the second 4 miles was a very easy pace home.Still not feeling right,I'm eating ok but not 100% yet.

• Sunset is a lovely time to run at swittle especially with a beach setting.

Good 5k nonetheless Cal. Hills on Thursday could well have slowed you down today. Already missing the cool nights too.

Good to see you GD and that does sound like progress with your back. Interesting where you and your partner's strengths are. I am in the better on the flat camp although I do like my hills. Not sure what I can do to improve on them other than the obvious run them. Maybe some strength work. And practice at covering rough ground. Good idea to invest the coffee money in shoes. Never tried Nikes.

Speedy start that JD. I wonder about some people exercicing their dogs in the midday heat, often on their bikes.   On the other hand I shouldn't be exercicing either then probably.

5k recovery yesterday evening. Set out with tired, unwilling legs and came back feeling much better. Must have done the right thing then.

This morning 9.99k (oops). Felt quite sprightly and put in a decent middle 5k.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Guarddog.  Plenty going on in your world, all for the best, I hope.  Much debate on fetcheveryone about the growing range of pace-enhancing shoes - all far too late for me to have troubled the age group prizes!

Not just me struggling a bit with heat & humidity, JD1.  Where are you based?  I suspect my relatively low fitness levels are to blame.

Good balance of outings, Hazel - a few paces and you'd have ticked over to that 10k.

8pm start for me tonight: seemed cooler but I had to redeploy a thin jacket to around my waist to get comfortable.  A large hound headed for me at pace, so I stopped as it'buzzed' me.  After that, I must've lost my appeal.  Beach to leisure centre was my best section and the trails along the coastal park were merging into the dusk.  Just over an hour: 5.77 miles. [fetch route mapper thing.]
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear from you Guarddog - I still use the flyknit Zoom Flys myself for speed work and parkruns.
    JD, I like the quieter London, though I'm not in the centre. I must say it would definitely be weird to walk around a quiet Trafalgar Square or Piccadilly Circus.
    Sounds like you are well on the mend but you're right not to push too much right away. The extra warmth and humidity will make it feel harder anyway.
    Well done on your not quite 10K, Hazelnut!
    Sounds like a nice run, swittle, minus the dog.

I had a fairly disturbed night - just too warm to sleep well, and I actually got up at 3:20am in the end - I can always have a nap this afternoon if I'm tired. As I was planning a longer run today, I decided to make the most of my early wakefulness and I went out at 5 (I always need 90 minutes or so between waking and running). I decided on Wimbledon Common as I could stick to well lit roads and by the time I'd reach the common, it would be light (this was going directly there, rather than up part of the Wandle Trail and then around Morden Hall Park, which I do for a 20 miler).
    After huffing up The Downs, which is the steep (10%) road to get to the common, I was there well in time for sunrise. It was very pleasant - not many people around at 6am and those I saw were friendly - most said good morning or at least smiled (including the walkers and one guy on a bike).
    I hit 10 miles after a lap of the common (well, not a full lap - just the lap I usually do) so headed back. If I reached 14 miles that would be 600 for the year so far, but if I did 15 I'd have done 50 this week so once I got back to Tooting Bec I did a half loop of the common and headed home for the 15 in just under 2:37, which meant I was back for 7:45am.
    Averaged 10:27 pace but the pace itself varied a lot depending on terrain - still, not bad at all.
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Thanks JD and well done on the 8.22 miles. I figure I'm saving probably about £50 a week on not buying coffee and lunch at work. And as you say not doing a lot of driving either. I am missing sitting in Nero's, though.

Good to be back posting Hazelnut. Nice 9.99km, were you tempted to just go that bit further? I think with hills it's all about confidence, I view them as a challenge and don't like to be beaten by them. And I was a bit torn about getting the Nike's as I've been an Asics man for the last 15 years or so, but a change and all that.....

Nice hour long easy run swittle. I think the runners have come too late for me to be able to claim they're suddenly going to make me so much better, but it's good to try something new. They are rather bright and do scream "I am so much worse than the runners suggest...."

Good 15 miles Cal, and 50 for the week, go you. Very early start.

Run up to Devil's Dyke today, the round trip from the house is a touch over 10k, I had it at 6.30 miles. Uphill on the out run and again showed how much I prefer the hills to my partner as she struggled. We were passed by a police car on the way up which was checking no one had sneaked into the NT car park at the top. No one had and we were congratulated by one of the PCs for the form we showed getting up the hill and good luck was wished for the run back down. Not many people about, although a few more cyclists going the other way on the way back. Was back in the Asics again as, tart that I am, I don't want to use the Nikes on cross country runs.

Have a good Easter Sunday all.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Nice work, Guarddog - sounds challenging (but rewarding!) Now to refuel with buns and chocolate.
  • Thanks for all the advice about the stretching - leg started to feel a lot better over the last couple of days. Decided to take yesterday as a rest day - hated that I didn't run, but my left knee/hip was srill niggling so thought it was in my best interest to just end the streak for my own benefit. Went out and walked about three miles yesterday though so it was still an active streak, albeit not a running one. Still, 10 days is now my longest streak.

Woke up today with my legs feeling a lot better - doing all the stretching has certainly helped. Ran 9.6 miles this afternoon (42 miles for the week) downhill past the Safari Park, alongside the River Severn, down to the nearby village and then uphill back home. New route which was interesting, but a bit unfriendly. The uphill back home just seemed to be neverending! A few 10mm's but to be expected I guess - just need to get the distance under my belt. Left leg hurts again so back to the stretching...!
  • Easy 3 miler as pacer again. New PB for the fiancée.

Considering doing ultra marathon training as a way of building up to marathon distance, as well as wanting to do an ultra one day. Trying not to be too ambitious though
  • Yep - once around the front yard would have been sufficient for the 10k swittle.  On the other hand GPS are known to be inaccurate - who knows, maybe I did 9.8k or 10.1?  Stopping usually discourages the dogs I find.  Takes away the target.

Another early start from you Cal - I think I am doing well if I am out before 8am!
    Like the idea of huffing up the Downs.  Good mileage for the week.

Nice the police had a kind word for you GD.  

10 days is a good running streak MalMal.  Wise if you felt on the edge of an injury to take a break though.  And with the walk you still have an active streak as well.  Good mileage for the week.  Keep stretching.

Another MLR for me yesterday morning - 13.6 miles in 2:00:06.  Tried putting some parts of various routes together with some flat bits and some ups and downs.  Has potential for increasing mileage and hillage.

Today a recovery 3.1. Seems like I have picked up the April streak baton from MalMal - now up to 15 days.  Won't push it either, if I need a rest day I will take one but at the moment I more need to get out.

Hope you have all had a good Easter despite the restrictions.

• Hello everyone!

I awoke early at 6 yesterday, and could see it was going to be an absolutely stunning morning; cool, dry, sunny, and wind less; the epitome of a perfect day for running!

I still had my virtual half marathon I'd entered, to complete by April 30th, but with such a stunning morning I thought I'd seize the moment!
    Normally, if I'm running half marathon distance I factor in a petrol station to buy a water bottle at, but due to current concerns, instead, I ran a 9 mile loop, grabbed a drink i'd left in my porch, then ran the other 4.1 miles.

It felt absolutely AMAZING! to be out running again with some sort of purpose, rather than just running for training.  It was one of those rare runs that are so much more than an exercise regime, so much more than the sum of it's parts. I felt so much stress evaporating into the bright blue sky, incredibly cleansing for soul and psyche!   That said, it was hard to push myself hard being on my own.

Anyway I did the 13.1 plus a little bit in 2:04, sent off my GPS screenshot so hopefully get a really unique medal through the post this week! The only running event I'll ever enter where I'll come first! (but also last?)

Lot's of running from you guys! and I haven't posted for a while, but awesome running all!

Great personal parkrun Cal!
    Glad it's all still going well Swittle.
    Hope the back continues to improve Guardog, nice 10k enjoy your new shoes! 
    Hi JD, brisk running, hope you feel 100% soon.
    Hi Hazlenut, sounds a decent almost 10k! My gps always records a good bit under.
    Great weekly mileage Malteser!

Stay safe all and take care.

• JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

Nice hour run again Swittle.Good job on staring the hound down!I live in Llangollen,north Wales.

Great early run Cal but getting up at 03:20 is a killer!Good 50 for the week.

GD,had to google Devil's Dyke,looks a great place to run.Glad to hear the police  are doing a good job.

Malteser,well done on the streak and 42 for the week.Keep on stretching.

Hazlenut,another streaker,you might as well finish the month now!

Great virtual HM Linton.It's always hard by yourself,even if your racing the clock.

Just 5.2 miles this afternoon,with the dog and my eldest daughter on her scooter.Much cooler today and spotted plenty of ducklings on the canal.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    MalMal - glad the niggles are decreasing - your fiancée is coming on a storm!

Hazel, you're striking a wise balance between longer/tougher sessions and shorter, 'recovery' runs.

LTT - your excitement & joy at 'competing' , albeit virtually, shines out from your report.  Well done indeed!  When I ran with a club, we used to stash bottles of water & squash along our route - not as risky as it sounds, as the north Liverpool 'characters' rarely stirred before noon!

JD1 - N Wales has so much to offer: the Clwydians used to be a fave location for me.

Cooler today, by 5 or more deg. C but it suited me well tonight.  Cloud had stolen the sunset but the light was OK until 8.30pm, when it was h/torch time.  Dog walkers by the Marina gave no alarm but there were at least 2 camp fires on beach & dunes.  40 min was the aim but I was fine for 10 more and 4.42 miles.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Great running, all - glad you're feeling better, Linton. I love it when you get a run like that.

My rubbish sleep caught up with me yesterday - I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Fortunately it was a rest day, but I ended up having to take a nap at 11am, and when I woke up I felt so drained and disorientated. Forced myself out for a three mile walk to try and wake myself up but I hated every second of it!
    I did feel a bit better this morning though far from epic, so got 8 miles done. I noticed the old SI joint feeling a bit sore towards the end so I gave myself a going over with the Theragun and Jesus Christ I'm tight! I couldn't even bear to put it on my calves.
    Not sure why I feel that bad, particularly after a rest day - Sunday's run was longish but nothing like I was doing back in January.
    Anyway, glad it's cooler now - I can hopefully sleep a bit better this week.
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better and your sleep pattern comes back to normal Cal. After the Devil's Dyke run it was egg, bacon, black pudding and avocado on toast as a reward. Which actually kept us going the whole day so eschewed the evening meal I'd planned.

Well done on the mileage and pacing MM. Hopefully the stretching continues to do the job.

Good 13.6 followed by 3.1 Hazelnut. You are a machine.

Excellent virtual HM LTT. What's the medal you'll get? Great time as well.

Good duck spotting JD. Nothing like being able to run beside water.

Good run swittle. There was a noticeable drop in temp yesterday from the previous 3 days.

We did a shorter run yesterday around one of the local parks, just doing laps which amounted to 3.25 miles. It's a bit undulatory and in parts rather loose underground, although for the most part it's quite a wide tarmac path. 

I'd only been thinking a couple of days before how polite everyone was being when we were out. We tend to try to go to places that we feel won't be too busy and whenever we have seen people we've shouted out a greeting as we've gone past. Running in the park tends to be different as you get more people and we try to be aware of others and ensure we give everyone a wide berth when we're able to. We've even run off the path to allow people to pass, generally try to stick to one side and often run one behind the other. It can be a bit of a trial having to second guess what others may do (on one occasion I had the same small boy nearly run his bike into me on each lap as he kept looking over his shoulder to see where his mother was), but I try to take responsibility for moving away from people if I'm able to and often end up feeling like I'm doing a slalom.

Yesterday we had our first instance of someone being a bit of a dick. As I say the path in the park is quite wide, probably about 10m. As we ran along the long flat part we had people walking towards us on both the left and right hand side and so we ran in the middle. On our right was a group of 3, walking alongside each other, so I veered slightly to my left to give them space. As I passed the guy on my left, still giving him well over 3m of space, he dramatically swerved to walk on the grass and then shouted at me to give him room. All I could shout back as we ran on was "How much room do you need, mate?!" Oh well, at least it was negative splits.
  • Well done LTT.  Hope you get your medal soon.  Love the motivation.

Ahh - cute ducklings JD.  Nice!

Nice 50 minutes swittle.

Hope you sleep better in the cooler weather Cal.  Know the feeling on waking from a nap.  Can leave me grumpy for hours.

Not sure about the black pudding GD but the rest sounds good.  Space gobbling idiot yesterday.  Saying that I had to stare down a very determind lady running this lunchtime who was on MY side of the path on a frontal collision course.  She did move but if I had stuck my elbow out.... 

Missed the full mile again this lunchtime with 6.9 miles but the watch said 11k so I'll take that.  Cooler and pretty windy today - lost the will to fight the latter any longer.  Reasonably flat route and I had intended to practice even pacing again but no chance when being blown around like that.  

Ordered new shoes online yesterday as my old ones are all getting too battered to wait for the necessary shops to reopen.