Wednesday, 8th April 2020 - Talk to me and watch me crumble

Good morning :)

Lyrics:
Talk to me and watch me crumble
You will see you got mine down

Great pic, Wabo. Did you enjoy your first TM outing?

Lemon and lime cookies sound right up my street, RFJ. I like zesty stuff :)

Ale: I spoke to my physio and he said I could do anything that doesn't trigger pain. The usual routine of stretching does. As does any sort of compression so I need to be careful how I sit in my home office ;) Crossing the legs is a no-no. Not moving makes it worse too although - admittedly - that could be my head.

I should get an MRI to know for sure but I don't want to burden our health services with a luxury problem. If it hurt when walking or caused me to limp I would reconsider. Right now I can hopefully manage.

Let's see what my legs think of another little run.

Yesterday's lyrics were Insomniac's lullaby, Paul Simon

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Happy birthday LMH! Hope you are able to enjoy it despite the current virus situation.

Lyrics: no (but I do like crumble... probably rhubarb today!)

What: short run, stretches probably

Why: legs will dictate

Hard to know what to suggest, Chick. And I understand about a MRI at present. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick - sorry to hear about the continued woes. Frustrating I'm sure but it won't last forever. I guess all you can do is keep stretching and do the plyos?
    Wabo - looking good!
    RFJ, Ale - sorry to hear about your respective losses, thoughts with you both. 
    Meant to say that when I gave blood the nurse said that despite donations being less, supplies are increasing as non urgent surgery is suspended and A&E is deserted as there are no sport and no pub related incidents!

What - easy mileage
    Why - recovery, keep wheels spinning.
    Pulled myself out of lethargy yesterday and chose some hill reps instead. 
    10 x ~300m climbs with warm up & cool down, about 8m in total. 
    Could easily have binned it after 2 but gritted the teeth. On sessions like that you really appreciate how training with club mates helps...
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - 07/04

• Morning..

Oh - a thread birthday - happy birthday LMH.

Crumble would be ok Ale, but please no custard!  Sorry to hear about the family related news. 

Ditto RFJ.

Hmm - is hard to say Chicksta.   

TM looks great Wabo - thanks for the pic (like the pink socks).  Nice fitness room there on spotting the turbo as well.

What: recovery later
    Why: hills yesterday and need something gentle
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no, even though on checking I was listening to them yesterday! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday,  LMH :)

Hazel: It's a great band, I like them a lot

Dustin: Impressive hill reps :+1: 

Deffo no stretches. I learned the hard way that stretching aggravates things. Easy running and eccentric loading are the way to go. My physio said that being able to do a one-legged reverse plank pain-free means the injury is gone. I'm slowly getting there :)

I'm in the custard camp ;)

Hope the legs behaved, ale.

I managed 6 miles without stopping. So things are indeed looking up 🤞

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I have to say the colour scheme in theloft is awful and I have lived here 10 years!!! It will be the next thing changed, we are on it...
    My OH struggles with running due to an ongoing deep calf problem but had a go on that and is very excited because it feels ok
    LMH Happy Birthday, I hope it is a good one albeit not an easy time xx
    Alehouse my mum is fine, thankfully - enjoy your short run and stretches
    Chicksta great news the run went well, TM is very very good, oh said I chose well!
    RFJ that is sad about mil's sis but sort of good not the virus in a way because they seem to end up all alone :-(
    hazel yes well spotted on turbo there are two up there - his and hers! Enjoy the recovery
    Dustin thanks! That is interesting re blood, I will just hang on for my June appt unless I hear differently.  ENjoy the easy recovery mileage
    WHat: 5k on roads, and I will get on tready for a mile cool down
    why: need movement
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

No, not custard with crumble. Ice cream if anything.

What: just over 5k including pushing 1k quite hard

Why: what I felt like!

And I won't comment on the colour scheme, Wabo!

Hope that things are indeed looking up, Chick!

And you are right, Dustin: oh to run with someone else!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Yes to custard
    Happy birthday LmH!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    you can alehouse it wasn't my colour scheme! Nice running and I agree on ice cream
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Custard all the way!

Nothing apart from walking today, my legs are hurting too much from yesterday and don't want to risk injury. Today a compass challenge so set off to find the respective roads. All done whilst Lucas slept in the pram.

Have a lovely evening all.
  • I love custard with crumble:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression