Thursday 9th April 2020 When I was just a little girl

Morning!

Lyrics: When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be

What: short run, stretches

Why: probably

In the end I made rhubarb shortbread biscuits. Tasty, but a bit crumbly!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - I hope the lyric isn't your life story..??!! (but yes, I know these)
    what - something outside
    why - sanity
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - arguably Tuesday (hills) but yesterday took a lot out of me. 
    Worked through lunch and finished at 4ish so opted for a long recovery run. 
    Didn't realise quite how warm it actually was. Ran comfortably but was soaking with sweat by the time I got home. Decided to weigh myself and I was a good 5 kgs down on my usual weight. 
    It's either all sweat or the lack of cake now that I'm wfh.....

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

No, not my life story, Dustin! And it was even quite warm here yesterday pm! 

OH: how is the present pandemic affecting Orkney? 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning lyrics yes indeed, one of my favourites
    Dustin wow that's a big weight loss!! It was warm. Have a good run today
    Alehouse enjoy short run and stretches
    I'm heading out soon for a 5k, oh going to drop me somewhere to meander back home
    What see above
    Why lift my mood
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Left running till late, after going shops for my son. It was stressful, queuing and avoiding. So by the time I got home my mood and energy levels were low. Took to the treadmill thinking I might do 5k. Managed a mile. Came downstairs and crashed out on the sofa. 
    Think it all got to me last night. If you're not going out and having to shop you're not seeing what it's like maybe. My daughter and son are staying in mostly for family health reasons. 
    Going to have to tell son I can't do that big a shop again, they'll have to try organising deliveries. 
    Anyway I'll aim for a better day today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Hmm shortbread!  Wouldn't survive long in this household.  Enjoyed the custard debate yesterday. 

Can you not rustle up a quick cake when wfh Dustin?  5kg seems a lot.  Enjoy the warm whilst it lasts.

OH is quiet at the moment Ale, good point.  Enjoy your run today.

Not a good shopping experience Wabo and can imagine that it was hard to run after that.  Maybe there is a volunteer service that your family could use?  Must admit that I am avoiding the big shop myself as it would very much stress me out.  My OH is going at the moment.  Local small shops ok - odd queue outside due to floor space but civilized atmosphere both inside and out.

What: some sort of MLR - probably a hilly route therefore slow
    Why: trying to keep up the habit of doing a mid-week MLR
    Last rest: 30.03.
    Last hard: our measures in the current form have been extended to at least 26.04 and no real plan yet as to what will happen then.
    Last nice: a race I would have run on 21.03. have sent out this year's T-shirt and about 1/3 of the fee (bank note pinned to said T-Shirt - trusting people!).  No other refund or reduction for next year.  (T-shirt couldn't really be rolled over to next year as they have already designed, ordered and probably had printed a 3 year series 2020-2022..).  Happy with that solution.  Fairly short-term cancellation (2 weeks) for them with around 13k participants).

Lyrics: no
  • Morning,
    I missed yesterday but no run I had a head cold so back to bed  and a very easy day which seems to have done the trick.

Shopping as Mr P is very vunerable I have to go although I am asthmatic but needs must but did get an internet shop Tuesday and found one in 3 weeks so will manage it is fruit .veg,eggs and bread that are tricky.

I should have been running a half last Sunday a 5k Easter Saturday and another 5k Easter Monday so I was feeling sad especially Llandudno race as last year I won my age group and wanted to give it a good shot ah well 2021 maybe an even better year:-)

Dustin: you need emergency cake ASAP :)

What7.5 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: World/yesterday
    Lyrics yep

I was out by the light of the silvery/pinky super moon.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Back from 5k, oh dropped me off, he was on the way to get his bike from the garage.  It made a nice change t o run home and get it done early.  LIfted my mood. 
    I think my son should try for priority slots as they cannot risk going shopping and bringing anything back to Giselle.  I will get on their case today.  I am 62 so I could well do without getting it myself!!

Anyway, today will be  a better day I am sure.
    I am hoping my club does  another challenge after Sunday as it motivates me
    Poppy lovely miles
    hazel sounds like a very fair way to deal with the race and t shirt, enjoy your mlr
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

A pleasant enough short run this morning on the hundredth day of the year! Then I got back to read this:
    "Last weekend, Greater Manchester Police were called to 1,132 incidents across the region on Saturday and Sunday (April 4 and 5) - including 494 house parties; 166 street parties; 122 'group gatherings for sporting activities'; 173 gatherings in parks; and 112 cases of anti-social behaviour. Police said some house parties had bouncy castles, DJs and fireworks."

I imagine that will be repeated across the country. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of more severe measures being introduced.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Heavens, ale - what were these people thinking? Probably not much.

Isn't that moon fantastic, poppy? I saw it two mornings in a row now and loved it. Shame about the races. Well, I should be in South Africa now with the Friendship Run tomorrow and Two Oceans on Saturday...

Wabo: Shopping is a bit nerve-wracking at the mo, I agree. I have a vulnerable husband (cardiac arrest in 2018) and elderly parents. With my asthma I shouldn't be out there but hey, someone has to. Normally people are pretty good keeping the 2m distance but there were a few today who got too close and I had to stare them down. I wear a mask which makes me feel that little bit safer even though consensus is that they don't help much.

Hazel: That's a great idea from the race organisers. I would have loved to get my Two Oceans t-shirt...

5kg is loads, Dustin. Are you feeling ok?

What: a lovely trail run sans gadgets and a nice bike ride with hubby
    Why: long weekend for me - I have today and Tuesday off
    Last hard: idiots in the supermarket
    Lyrics: of course

Yesterday's were London Grammar, Help me lose my mind
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chicksta I don't blame you for the mask I wished I had one yesterday