• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Que Sera, Sera (Whatever will be, will be), Doris Day

What: probably a short run

Why: see how far the legs take me

Plus stretches, plus gardening.

Enjoy your 5k, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    About to go now walk 5k walk
    Enjoy your run alehouse
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Sorry I've been AWOL

Covid not really hit hard here yet (we're behind on "the curve")
    However a big change on home front.
    Elspeth has gone back to hospital work and so in order to protect me (on moderately increased risk list), has moved out to a friend's house. With all human communication now being via electronic devices for me the daily thread became low priority.

I am getting out for my daily SD'd run and my garden has never seen so much attention!

Have approached NHS recruiting in the hope of doing some work from home but process is interminable.
    Should have been my eldest daughter's wedding today :(

what: next round of on-line bureaucracy for NHS recruiting, sow peas and a run.
    Why: lockdown and shielding myself
    This week is hard
    Rest is difficult at present (easier if I keep busy)
    Lyrics no

Hope everyone is doing ok. Keep safe.

Will try to pop in occasionally but likely will not be on daily basis.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning again!

Good to see you, OH. Not easy at present is it! 

What: 5k, all of which OH will be familiar with (out along the "prom" to Northenden, then back along the banks

Why: what I felt like. Ran quite comfortably. Quite busy out there: lots of people had the same idea of getting out relatively early though. Plenty of space to be 2 metres or more apart though. 

Gardening shortly: a tradition in my family is to sow peas on Good Friday!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh wow, that is a toughy.  Especially your daughters wedding. Good on ya though for all you're doing.
    Just back from 1.5 mile walk warm up, 5k on the rides on epping forest and 2.5 mile cool down walk back.  Absolutely loved it and I am set up for the day.  Saw bluebells but better than that I had a facetime talk with my mum as I walked through the forest.  Then spoke to and saw my daughter through her window up on the second floor. Who would have thought  a  month ago these things would be so immense.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice running alehouse, it was similar here as well but everyone so friendly
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi OH, good to see you.  Sorry you're now home alone but good that you are shielding properly.  Fingers crossed you can get through some of the bureaucracy...thinking of your family today on what must be a tough day with the wedding postponement.

Ale how is your back at the mo with all this gardening?

Wabo sounds lovely.  I noticed bluebells out already, seems a bit early.  I am sad as our local bluebell woods is a drive away, so we will miss it this year.  Was pregnant when we first went as a family, and we were looking forwards to going back with a baby Lucas, but I guess we'll just have to go back with a toddler Lucas instead.

Dustin you're still getting out and doing really good quality sessions.  Are you still having to go into London sometimes?

What: 5.6 km
    Why: wanted to make the most of the day before the crowds got out
    Last hard: that was, my legs are killing me.  I'm taking a few days off the runderwear challenge as I almost couldn't walk yesterday!  Also didn't get much sleep.  A certain someone's tooth is giving him trouble.
    Lyrics: nope

Lots of people out this morning.  I said morning to all, 1 said morning back.  I know we are socially distancing, but doesn't mean you have to ignore everyone.  Also, you can tell these people never normally walk the country lanes, not one of them was following highway code to face the traffic, i.e. walk on right...

Enjoying the garden this afternoon, Lukey's hat has been dug out and he looks very cute in it!  Peas planted last weekend here.  

Have a great day all.
  • Good to see you drop in OH and please keep doing so every now and then so we know you are ok. Tough home situation for you, hope the running and the garden provide some distraction and the NHS can give you work for more.

Enjoy the gardening as well Ale. Homegrown peas taste great.  Many memories of shelling sessions with added shrieks when finding potein based inhabitants.. shudder.. Seems you had a nice run.

Bluebell woods are lovely Wabo, some good ones near Northampton where I originally come from.  Even better you had some family contact time.

Enjoy your long weekend as much as is possible Chicksta. Tough to know you would have been somewhere else right now.

Moonlit run sounds lovely WP. Hope the head cold goes away sharpish.

What: 9 mile wander around the local woods and fields after breakfast, sometimes on unfamiliar paths. A couple of biscuit breaks. Woods are lovely at the moment, no bluebells but lots of cherries in flower.  Quieter than I was expecting. Maybe a short recovery jog later.
    Why: outing with OH and wanted to make use of the weather
    Last hard: yesterday's hilly MLR. Reduced to a slow shuffle on the worst bits
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OH: Good to see you. Can't be easy for you right now. Let's all hope things go back to normal soon so that you and Els are reunited and your daughter's wedding can go ahead.

A lot of gardening going on here :)

Hazel: I do love bluebell woods but I think they're a UK thing. None here either. Cherry, pear and apple trees are in bloom now. As are the magnolias. Still waiting for the Japanese cherry in our garden to start. It's a bit behind.

Don't blame you taking a break from conditioning, em.

Lovely early morning bike ride with hubby, spotting lots of birds - herons (grey and white), skylarks, lapwings. Also saw a nutria that must have escaped from a farm. My run was in the midday sun and too crowded for my liking. I prefer morning runs but I can't run straight off the bike. So we had breakfast and by the time that was digested it was noon.
  • Evening all I sound like Dixon of Dock Green;-)

Nothing today I had to go back to bed with headache and feeling pretty rough it is tree pollen giving me grief I life across from woodlands.Starting to feel human again.

Hopefully back at it tomorrow.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression