Sub 3h15

Comments

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    1.27 marathons?  BOOM!
  • nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Although I suspect a mis-type, I wouldn't put anything past Badbark.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    OO - yes, that was a great double marathon April by you :)
    Badbark - great running. Mad as ever!
    It looks like a colon to me so it could be a ratio. Maybe he did 1 on the first weekend and 27 on the second?!
    Rest day for me. As usual getting aches and pains when I don't go out for a run.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    7.5 miles with 12 sets of strides for me.
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Badbark is that 1:27 half marathons or 2 back to back 1:27 half's for a sub 3 mara? Lol or even 3:27 mara's! 
    Will get some strides in tonight hopefully

Gul that's probably enough rest for this month at least as for pains I get them if I run or not but also just had a walk last night as very tired and knees sore. 
    Jools nice to get the speed up!
    Will hopefully get some strides tonight as well. 
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Oh feck, sorry folks. That should have been two half marathons! I was tipsy last night and again tonight. Teehee. I completed my Covid-19 miler today in 2:22:31. I pushed on at the end with a few sub 7 m/m and giggled at the walkers diving away from my heavy breathing. Stay safe everyone. Run, drink and be happy! :smiley:

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Badbark - okay, looks like Leslie had it sussed. Good long run too.
    A word of advice. Check the supermarket opening times before you go. Turned up at 6:00 only to find the superstore didn't open till 8. Local was open as I discovered on the way home! 12 steady miles.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    School boy error Gul 🤣 I'm avoiding the superstores and mainly shopping local. We have a great artisan baker locally and very good fruit and veg shop. They are both doing very well from the virus.
    My hips improved yesterday and feel good enough for a run today after 5 days out.
    I'm sure the locals love your heavy breathing BB 😉

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    That's good news, OO.

5 miles slow for me and then strength and conditioning over Zoom again. I learning I am such a weakling!
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Badbark well done on getting the covid run done , I did notice last night a guy with a scarf over his face as I was gong slowly past them round the corner pulled it down to light up a fag I did have a little giggle to myself of the irony of being worried about his health while smoking lol 
    Badbarks grandchildren " what did you do to survive the covid pandemic granda ? " well I ran big runs every day and drank beer by the gallon !!!!! Legend lol !
    Gul nice 12 and 24hr opening has ceased over here its 8 till 8 now I think sometimes better to go to the smaller shops and avoid the ques . I only go in the morning (9 ish )or late evening when its much less busy these days.
    0054 good you can get back out again .

Got 13 sets of strides in a 5 miler last night and out for 7.5 mile easy today ,lovely day out better than most summer days but quiet along the dual carriageway where I run luckily.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Managed an 8 miler today, spent most of it in the middle of big roads as I jumped off the pavement  to ensure social distancing. Many a 'good morning' exchanged but a few arseholes were about to lessen the mood.

Not checking pace during runs but the natural rhythm is good. 
    We continue...
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    OO  - that's great news. The local Tesco hasn't changed its hours; still 6 till midnight. Just the 24 hour one!
    Jools - you will be super strong by the time lockdown ends.
    Leslie - lots of strides there.
    GD - good work.
    Happy Easter everyone. 5 mile recovery run today.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say that's 75 for taper week 1.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    12 miles brought up 41 + 2 cycle rides for the week. I could definitely feel the strength and conditioning session  in my legs - and going by our WhatsApp group, it did for everyone else, too!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    A humble 7 mile week week here. It's a start, but from a low base. Happy Easter all, hope the eggs are going down nicely 😋
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Gul not bad for a max week never mind a taper one looking good for the 26th !
    Gdawg people still talk to each other in the streets of London ? ..amazing !
    Jools  going well by the sound of it.
    0054 back on the road again great stuff no matter what the pace and yes will recycle some eggs soon lol (already have)

7m yesterday and knee squeaking badly after the strides but managed 5m today with a 3 mile tempo/progression 7:00, 6:47 and 6:31 were the middle miles ,speed coming right back happy days .

38m for a decent enough week 

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Hi all, good to see everyone is remaining productive.

Hope the hip is better for you now, oo. 

i have been continuing my exercises as prescribed. I wouldnt know there was an issue from day to day stuff. It seems to only present when i run or have a long walk, which is good and frustrating in equal measures. If i cant feel anything at all in day to day life, it can't be anything much, yet it's been nearly 5 weeks since normal training. Will persevere though. It helps a lot knowing there's not a chance of a decent race for a good 5 months. 
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    Sounds frustrating DT - but plenty of time to get back to normal training.

A good pace on those tempo miles Leslie.

The rest will probably have done you good OO.  The OH was posted to New Jersey last July but had planned to come back for 2 weeks last weekend.  So no respite from the supermarket shopping for me for a while!

Good work on the S&C Jools.

Good recovery miles Gul.  So have you basically followed your training London Schedule to date?  Impressive commitment.

Sounds like you're coping well with the lock-down Badbark!

A steady 16 miles late evening on very quiet country roads.  Very pleasant in the sunshine and a progressive effort resulted in an average pace for the run of 7:37.   Brings up another unmotivated 71 miles for the week!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Jools - a good week all round.
    OO - good to make a start again.
    Leslie - nice turn of speed.
    DT - hang on in there. It will pay off.
    SBD - another solid week. My schedule went to pot after the HM for a week. Since then I've just been taking each session as it comes but always had in mind to do a marathon on London weekend. Will probably now follow P&D taper.
    8 steady miles with 8 x 100m strides.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Just a gentle cycle ride this morning, although I did a spot of foraging for wild garlic mid route. Fresh pasta with wild garlic pesto for tea tonight!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - hope you are back to it soonish, as you say cant be too bad if it doesnt hurt until you run.

SBD - unmotivated 70mpw is ok for now, we need to be fit enough to kick on when the fixtures come back.
  • Afternoon all - sounds like most people are in fine form despite the restrictions.

Glad to hear your hips are OK OO - impressive solo marathon performance there.

In these crazy times, it's reassuring to know that things aren't happening in reverse and that Madbark and Gul haven't decided to be sensible all of a sudden. Good luck with your marathon effort Gul

TBH I'm quite enjoying the running without the pressure of races to think about. Have kept up some speedwork via selected Strava segments and managed to get my own bit of madness in with an early season tube line run in before the lockdown.

Mrs L was at a choir rehearsal so that felt like the ideal opportunity to head into town and cover all 48 stations on the Docklands Light Railway for a total of just over 27 miles. Again, an interesting one involving a running under the Thames three times, through Westfield and the Olympic Park and picking up the VLM route on a few occasions. Not sure when I'll manage the next one though.

I'm also finding the lack of commuting (1.5 hours each way) is giving me more time to run so 50 mile weeks are the norm, apart from last week when I took advantage of the sunshine and headed out on my bike for my daily exercise.

I was back on the trails again this morning with a hilly 14.5 miles up and around Box Hill - 1,765 ft of elevation gain in total.

I've now handed my latest assignment in, so hoping to get back on here more regularly.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Jools - sounds great.
    Lorenzo - great to hear from you. Super ultra run round the DLR and some good training going on. Pleased the studies are going okay. 
    6 miles this morning. Should have been a recovery run but accidentally turned into a progressive 😟
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    9 miles with 6 X 1km this morning. Still just outside 4 min per km but hopefully that'll change soon! And then 30 minutes of ankle/calf/ proprioception work over Zoom with my sports masseur. Tired legs now...!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Jools - solid reps. The speed will soon return especially with all that strength work.
    Odd taper session from P&D today. 9 miles with 3 x 1 mile efforts. 6:16, 5:53 & 5:53. First ever sub 6 measured on my GPS watch :)
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Good session, Jools. I feel similar with natural pace being down at the moment.
    Really impressive mile splits, Gul. I'm so far from that pace right now!

Still plodding along here with lots of short stuff and strength work.
    Have done 12 runs so far this month but only totalled 60 miles. A rare road session rather than trails at lunchtime. Just a 5 miler but a quicker average at 7.10, so getting quicker naturally. Can't wait to do some proper speedwork but that's a couple of weeks away yet.
    Still icing the knee as a precaution.
  • Good speed there Gul - wish I could get close to a low 6 for a mile. Felt I was getting some speed back to manage at 19.xx parkrun but I guess I'll have to wait a bit for that.

Go easy on the knee G-Dawg.

Jools - how was the wild garlic pasta? Hope the your legs have recovered from the double session.

7.7 miles steady for me this morning and hoping get out for some faster intervals tomorrow morning - I've been using Strava segments to motivate me and also vary the routes a bit. Am that a slightly sore neck at the moment is as a result of sleeping awkwardly rather than from the strain of looking at a laptop for large parts of the day.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear from you Lorenzo and sounds like you are in decent shape. Sounds like speed work is the order of the day. My hips are still slowing me down but happy to stick with long steady runs until it improves.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    GD - good to hear you're progressing nicely, but I'd think twice about doing any speedwork for a bit longer than you mentioned.
    Lorenzo - unfortunately you might be wrong about the cause of the pain in the neck. Mine is not right and I've just realised I'm looking downwards to my laptop screen, rather than level. I'll go and fetch Noakes to raise the height of my screen ;)
    OO - hope the hips continue to improve.
    Pleased to say I managed to stick to recovery pace for my run this morning ;) 6 miles and a bit of shopping.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Well I didn't think that through properly. The screen is the right height now. But I'm going to strain my wrists as the keyboard's too high! Time to dust down an old monitor.