Sunday 12th April 2020 In your Easter bonnet

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Training
Morning, and Happy Easter! 

A late start to the thread, which brings me to wonder how LMH is faring!

Lyrics: In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it

Yesterday's were The Police with "Don't Stand So Close To Me"

What: short run

Why: don't want to exceed increasing the volume by more than 10% per week, and despite having said that I will have an easier week this week I will have run my biggest week since last summer! Not that it will be very big by most people's standards!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I think I'm finally coming out of my funk Alehouse - normal service (of a sort) is hopefully resumed.

What:           easy run
    Why:            it's a beautiful day
    Last hard:    managing my knees
    Last rest:     11/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you LMH! Beautiful but currently chilly here. Hope that there has been an improvement in the knees. I dare say things are not easy on the in-laws front.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes again
    I was grateful for the treadmill yesterday- did 1.65 on it so I didn't have to go out. Just wasnt in the mood. 
    Headache went thankfully. I think the aches and pains are just party off the new weird life were in
    Chicksta you do deserve a beer for sure 
    Alehouse have a nice easy run

What 3-4 miles off road with oh
    Why it will be nicer
    Last hard last night treadmill
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Missing my close ones so bad
    Have a good day and happy Easter
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

I'm still aching a lot so still taking easy. Walk with my boys this morning

Last hard: Lucas is being a terror
    Lyrics: nope

Good news about the back ale
    Chick my friend's mum was due to run her 20th two oceans yesterday and instead did a half marathon in her garden (they're not allowed out for exercise there). Inspirational nutter!

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning,

Happy Easter

Wabo Nice work on your treadmill!!

Good to see you LMH

Em:Surely you jest over Lucas ;)

What :9.11 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: Hayfever
    Lyrics ;Yes

Hayfever has been really bad this week but happy to be able to run as had to have 2 rest days this past week!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - good to see you back
    OH - tough on the domestic front but hopefully it's all for the best
    Emz - No London for the immediate future, I almost miss the commute (#I don't)

Been off grid the last couple of days, chilling in the garden , doing domestic chores and avoiding the PC, phone etc.
    Friday did 9 miles over the fields, absolutely no energy at all (it was midday, it was hot)
    Yesterday was around an hour at sunset over the fields. Everywhere devoid of people: one man and his dog on a farm track and that was it. 

What - steady run later
    Why - enjoying a cooler day
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - Friday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Pleasant enough little run, but the busiest I have seen many of the trails and the river bank. Still plenty of space to pass people. And I was wrong about the biggest week since last summer: actually the first week of the year was higher but did seem to bring on back issues. Anyway, around 35k for the week, or one of LMH's long runs! Or Chick's from a couple of weeks ago. Has turned much cooler and cloudy now and some forecasts say rain later.
  • Afternoon.. more or less here.

Tough thinking about 2O Chicksta, you had done the bulk of you training before all this started. Hope the beer was good.

Good to see you back LMH. Hope all is as well as it can be at the moment and besides the knees.

Running sounds good Ale. Weather less so. 

((Wabo)). Enjoy your outing with your OH.

Lucas - behave! 

Can imagine its a difficult time regarding the hayfever WP. Can you take meds for it?

Sounds quite idyllic Dustin.  Midday in the sun less so. 

What: morning MLR just short of 22k putting together a new route (bits of others stuck together) Plenty of potential to increase hillage, distance, or both)
    Why: bored of running the same routes
    Last hard: getting off the shadelounger will be.  
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics:no
  • All is fine with the in laws thanks Alehouse. I finally managed to scare MiL into seeing sense and following the self isolation guidelines and FiL is safe in his home. This morning was my longest run for a month and nowhere near 35k I'm afraid.

Nice running Hazel.

Whilst I hope normality returns quickly Dustin I wouldn't wish your commute back on you.

Glad you were able to get out despite your hayfever Poppy.

I didn't realise SA were on a stricter lock down emzap. Hope Lucas gives you some time off.

Wabo - hope the headache and aches and pains are nothing more than that.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great to have you back on board, LMH. Very glad you're out running again. And good to hear your MiL is seeing sense.

Ale: Consistent consistency :) I covered 35 miles this week which I would have done in a single weekend not too long ago although that does seem like a lifetime. I'm unbelievably unfit at the moment. Running s such a rollercoaster ride sometimes.

Jeez, em. I would never dream of running in my garden. Bonkers! I really feel for the South Africans. Corona is going to have a much harder impact on poor countries.
    Poor Lucas  - teething must be horrible.

Hayfever is nasty, poppy. Glad you feel better.

Wabo: Must be hard that you can't cuddle your grandchildren :(

Beer was lovely, Hazel. I'm not much of a drinker but a nice cold Weissbier on a sunny day is quite a treat. Great run. Sounds like a good training route for your ultra.

I hear ya re. running in the midday sun, Dustin.

What: Busy morning - 5 mile run, 30 mins of core work, 2 hours on the bike
    Why: lovely day for it
    Last hard: not seeing our friends for our traditional Easter BBQ
    Last rest: 31/3
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    managed 4 miles this morning. Quite nice. Listened to Steve wrights love songs lol.
    LMH glad you got out for a longer run, head went away thankfully.  I really think the aches are just part of where we are at now.  I am pottering about and doing bits but there are just so many hours in the day so I inevitably find myself sitting and the back aches. I think that is what is doing it.
    OH is n ow building bird boxes and has done an amazing space saving shelf in the kitchen.
    my oh had a dog incident today!! Out on his mountain bike in the forest and a staffy run up and bit his calf, not a terrible bite looks more like a couple of deep scratches.  He had a tetanus 18months ago thankfully. The woman walked straight past and the guy said'sorry mate I think he is jealous because I usually take him out with my bike' ????? I mean what the???

hazel glad you are finding other routes I know what you mean
    alehouse, it is seeming a bit busy out there.
    dustin, enjoy the cooler run 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • As a dog owner I find that outrageous Wabo - I hope he's reported it?

chicksta - I bet I can beat you on the unfit front at the moment :-)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick yup they've also banned sales of alcohol and cigarettes so the bottle stores are being looted ...

Wabo that's awful. Hope he reported it.

And I bet I can beat you all on the unfit front! 5km is hard for me still!