Monday 13th April 2020 - I don't need to belong to no one

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't need to belong to no one

The weather is a little more traditional Bank Holiday here, going to feel very cold after the last few nice days.

What:            probably just a walk
Why:             managing my knees/building back up
Last hard:     sorting my knees
Last rest:      11/4 

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Easter Parade, Judy Garland

All sounds ok with in-laws, LMH. 

Bright but cold this morning.

What: whatever the legs decide

Why: trying to gradually up the Kms but only if the legs want

And get those dog owners reported, Wabo.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 7km d&d. Braved the canal, saw people with masks on!! Canal in middle of countryside so not sure what masks would achieve as I'm pretty sure they'd be ineffective with moisture pretty quickly
    Why: felt like going longer. Luckily not too many people out though definitely a lot who didn't know those country lane existed 3 weeks ago
    Last hard: sharing my running space with all these new people!
    Lyrics: nope

Hope your knees are behaving lmh.
    Lucas was much better yesterday, we are friends again.
    I'm waiting for there to a ban exercise tonight so making the most of it.

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

All sounds good Emz!

What: 47 mins largely off road

Why: the route is basically 3 k out in a straight line; 5k back in a wide arc. Decided to run into the wind on the way out and have it behind on the way back. Well I got that wrong! Wind against most of the way back, and far too strong.

A bit quieter today, but far busier than a usual Monday morning. Everyone very pleasant and understanding except the one woman who put her hood up, turned her back, covered her face and rushed into some bushes when I approached! Perhaps she didn't want to be recognised.

Back felt tired towards the end today so whether I continue later with my new lawn project remains to be seen.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'm really hoping that won't happen emzap. I'm glad Lucas had a better day/night.

Very blowy here Alehouse and cold with it.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes... have got the heating back on, LMH. I doubt that the restrictions will be increased but I can foresee more enforcement. And I can also see the restrictions lasting a lot longer than most people expect.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

happy belated Easter all

running is going well here, did a double virtual parkrun on Sat, 1st with Mrs RFJ and she managed to post a 28:29, I then added a 25:57 to that, then 4.75 yesterday and today... but that wind this morning, it was brutal.

Started counselling again on Thursday, still very much up and down.

Take care and stay safe
  • Afternoon

what:6 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: This morning/world events
    Lyrics: Nope

Recovery run over the hills was not easy but the cycle path is too congested to be used.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon :)

LMH: Bank Holiday weather here too, very cold and breezy.

Strange behaviour by some people... Maybe that woman was scared of you, ale ;)

Great you managed 7k, em. And good you and Luke are friends again.

Nice parkrunning, RFJ and Mrs.

Wabo: what the others said re. dog incident. Such irresponsible owners ought to get punished. Staffs have to be on a lead and wear a muzzle here. Violations carry fines but I guess a certain type of owner just doesn't give a damn.

What: 3.5 miles losing the will to live in that wind
    Why: the sun was out so I thought I'd try a run
    Last hard: being blown about
    Last rest: 31/3
  • Evening

Wind supposed to pick up here too and colder, but no sign of it yet.  And no sign of rain either - none at all in April yet - ridiculously dry.   

Agree on all of these new people out exercising.  Seems to be cooling down a bit here though - the latest trendy thing is to drive around aimlessly it seems.  A ban on unnecessary travel would have been a very good idea over Easter.    There is talk of restrictions being eased as of the end of April but it will be a very gradual process.  Mass events (including races) will be one of the last things on their list.

Glad that the in-laws are ok LMH.

Good you can continue with your counselling RFJ.

Ultra is cancelled for 2020 chicksta, would have been at the beginning of June.

Awful behaviour by the dog owners Wabo.  I like dogs in general but allowing a dog to bite is not on!

Well done on the 7k emzap.

Strange woman Ale.  Lawn project?

What: short recovery 3 followed by 3 hours cycling - finally managed a 50k outing again.  As you can guess from the time pretty slowly but cycling is more for fun.
    Why: need the action
    Last hard: some of the hills
    Last rest: 30.03.

• That's a good ride Hazel - road or trail?

Alehouse - anyone who thought it would be for three weeks was sadly deluded. How is your back.

Good that you are enjoying your running RFJ. Hope the counselling helps.

It was sunny here too chicksta but the wind was biting.

Hopefully your traffic is much lighter though Poppy?

Call from MiL this afternoon - apparently there are Covid19 cases in FiL's home though I don't believe this will have been confirmed by testing.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Three hours cycling sounds like hard work, Hazel! Lawn project: have taken the top couple of inches off my front lawn and then am removing all traces of the old grass so that involves repeatedly going through the soil to remove bits of roots. Effectively weeding. Still more of that to do then need to put on about 10 cm of top soil before seeding or possibly turfing. No rush! Plenty of time on my hands! Too cold to do anything much today, despite the sun. Don't think it got into double figures and with the wind chill was way below that. Frost tonight.

Chick: I did shout morning before the woman "hid", and there were other people around and about. 

LMH: back just feels a bit tired. Think it is gradually getting stronger though. Not an easy time in care homes for either staff or clients.