Tuesday 14th April 2020 It's a gettin' closer

Morning!

Lyrics: It's a gettin' closer 
Goin' faster than a roller coaster

What: shorter run, stretches, hopefully gardening

Why: run every day. 
Last rest was 15th October
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LmH - glad that you're (sort of) getting back on track...
    Emz - a half M in the garden! I'd love a garden big enough to even think about that, but fair play, making the most of a bad situation!
    Hazel - well done on the bike. Lots of them about at the moment with the roads empty. 
    Wabo - sorry to hear about the dog incident. My youngest was moaning about that yesterday too. Dogs just run up and paw / sniff you. She said why don't dog owners realise that not everyone likes dogs. 
    Exactly.
    Here, like everywhere, there has been a general explosion in runner, cyclist & walker numbers. 
    Mainly the latter two, and definitely plenty of group cyclists in matching kit. They must live on a commune or are ignoring the "exercise alone or with household member" guidelines....

What - weighing up some intervals but body been saying "take it easy" thepast few days. Either way an hour outside later
    Why - fitness
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard  - all seem to be at present

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Restless by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers.

Dustin - I'm a dog lover but I still don't want to wear other people's! Listen to your body - now is not the time to get run down.

Alehouse - it's cold again here this morning, bright, sunny and still but I'm not sure it would be warm enough to be gardening weather.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            not fit enough for anything else
    Last hard:    self isolating
    Last rest:     13/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Agree on the dogs.  I've stopped distributing pats when out and about - if a friendly one approaches it will get a kind word but I won't reward it extra for doing so.   I don't really mind but I know a lot of people do so I shouldn't be encouraging them to approach strangers.

Cycling was mostly road yesterday.  I've built up to the three hours over a few weeks - legs don't mind it too much but my butt does if I overdo it.

Lawn project seems quite intensive there Ale.

Hope your FIL isn't affected by the virus in his home LMH. 

You'll be back to the intervals soon Dustin.

What: 6-7 miles at lunchtime
    Why: standard Tuesday distance
    Last hard: getting back to a work routine after four days off - didn't miss it at all.
    Last rest: 30.03.  April streak is ongoing here too.  Will break it if I need to.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning,

Chilly here this morning 1 degree but I went back to bed as felt tired and sick.But I managed a 2 mile walk and 1 mile run I think running the hills day in day out has been the issue with tight legs/stiff lower legs.I normally get 2 days on the flat.

What 5 miles walked /1 mile run
    Why: Because
    Last hard: today/world
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    dustin that is a good point your daughter makes! I am the same.  Take it easy then if the body says
    wp, nice walking and running.   I am getting calf aches funny enough but I think that my shoes I keep wearing are wearing out!
    hazel nice miles, I can imagine re the butt and the bike but wow you are doing amazing.  Same re dogs I only ever say hello you in a nice voice, to be sure....
    lmh my oh is a dog lover too, he didnt love that one though.  Anice bruise as well as the scratch marks has appeared now, thank goodness he was moving and that dog couldnt latch on good! If it happens again (hope not) he will try and report
    alehouse enjoy your short run, I know that I know these lyrics, just struggling to pin it down...

WHat: 3 miles inc an improved relay challenge effort, taichi 16 mins, joint mobility zoom class 15 mins
    why: I had time
    last hard: today
    last rest: 31/12/16

Off to shop for my son - I have a delivery Sunday so he can fill that as I do  not want to shop too much!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Fingers crossed you never meet those people and that dog again. I love dogs but I generally try to stay clear of aggressive breeds. They're unpredictable, especially in the wrong hands.
    Hope the shopping is ok and it's not too crowded.

Oh no, LMH. I hope FiL is ok and there's no outbreak where he is.

Hazel: Nice ride. My butt definitely limits my cycling range ;) I managed 4 consecutive days when it was warm. My sore behind is grateful for the cold spell.

Funnily enough I have an April streak going on as well. It just happened, have run a minimum of 5k since the 1st. So far the hamstring is behaving as long as I do my ultra shuffle. Still can't stride out properly but at least I'm out there.

What: 5 miles run and 6 walked
    Why: long weekend for me with another day off
    Last hard: being so unfit
    Last rest: 31/3
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Afternoon!

Meant to say, the title to today's lyrics is the first word. And there was a clue!

How far was the virtual relay, Wabo?

Easy run was pleasant enough and hardly saw anyone, two bikers, two runners, one dog walker.

Now far warmer than predicted. Gardening break currently to watch Countdown!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ha ha lyrics have just popped fully into my head! So yes to lyrics
    Nice miles Chicksta
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can