Wednesday 15th April 2020 - Some days won't end ever

Morning :)

Lyrics: Some days won't end ever
and some days pass on by

Back to work today (still working from home), so squeezing a few miles in before. Looks a bit dull out there this morning although forecast was talking about 10 hours of sun. Bet it comes out when I'm at my desk ;)

Comments

• Morning.

Back to work (from home) for me too today chicksta and a busy one as I have to catch up with all the calls I'd usually have made on Monday. It will hopefully make the day go quickly. Hope you've enjoyed your early run. I was tempted but think it's more sensible to stick to every other day for this week at least so I shall walk before starting work instead.

What:          nothing
    Why:           trying to sort my knees
    Last hard:   sorting my knees
    Last rest:    13/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Everyday", Buddy Holly

What: whatever the legs decide/stretches/gardening

Why: every day etc

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    This is the latest I've stayed in Bed this whole time I do believe! 
    Lmh hope work is ok.
    Ale in sure the legs will decide well! 
    Chicksta very apt lyrics, don't know them. Have a good day
    What 3 ish miles
    Why It's what I do
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Agree regarding the apt lyrics.  Nice late start Wabo.  Maybe you needed it.

Have a good start back to work chicksta and LMH and that the day passes quickly.

Hope the legs were cooperative Ale.

What: 10 miler planned for this afternoon with some mixed paces (nothing faster than PMP + around 10% though)
    Why: trying not to become one paced
    Last rest: 30.03
    Last hard: waiting for the lockdown exit plan (maybe tomorrow).  Obviously won't be all at once and will likely be subject to setbacks but some sort of perspective would be nice.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 5.61k d&d

Why: what I felt like! Did 34 k or thereabouts last week so don't want to increase it by too much. Well wrapped up as usual! 

Gardening pm. Have ordered a couple of tons of top soil. When it comes is a different matter. And when it comes I foresee some hard graft!

Over the Easter four days Greater Manchester police visited 1008 homes were there were parties. I suppose that is a small proportion of the 3 million inhabitants, but one wonders how many weren't visited and to what extent this is repeated across the country. And one wonders if that sort of behaviour will lead to a further tightening of measures. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all (just!)
    Ale - yeah that is head scratchingly baffling. What is wrong with these people?
    I've seen a few articles critcising government action (or inaction) but I don't envy them. What isnt taken into account is the sheer bloody mindedness of certain members of the UK population who feel their civil liberties are being restricted. You just can't tell some people...
    Rant over...

What - steady long run at teatime
    Why - enjoy the outdoors
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - yesterday in the end. Work meetings shuffled so had to go out mid afternoon. Weighed up kilo road reps or steady hills. Opted for the latter (shaded side of a field beneath row of trees). 12 x ~300m hill efforts, jog back. Felt surprisingly sprightly and although ground was dry it was still quite rutted from rain last month. Pleased with that, 8 miles overall. 
    Sadly Mont Blanc marathon (end June) has been postponed. No new date yet. Just my clubs own marathon (the week before in June) still left on the calendar, but we're cancelling I imagine at the end of this month.
    Tesco this morning for the weekly shop. Mrs D & I took on half the store each so hopefully shouldn't need to go shopping again until later next week. Enough dinners for 8 days, but will depend on how long the veg lasts....
    Only missing items were flour and dishwasher salt!

• Afternoon,

Hazel Good luck with 10+ miles
    Wabo: Nice lie in:-)
    Ale: Total idiots!
    LMH: Watch those knee:-)
    Chick:Hope the sun came out for you.
    Dustin: Did you get cake making supplies? or cakes.Strange in certain areas what is missing Eggs down here,yeast and flour also in short supply.

What: 6.15 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: World/tiredness
    Lyrics: Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I ain't never playin' no games
    I'm gonna give it to you just how you want it
    You can call me crazy, baby
    You just drive me crazy when you touch on it
    Got my legs up, hands up, at attention
    You make me stand up and switch up on it
    Make you head go 'round and 'round
    And got me makin' sounds until the morning.
    Dave Alce
    Marketing Manager