Thursday 16th April 2020 - I was out with the morning sun

Morning all :)

Lyrics:
I was out with the morning sun
Couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd take a walk

Yesterday's were Workin' for a livin', Huey Lewis

Ended up doing a little over 5 miles yesterday but it was quite cold. The sun came out when I was chained to my desk. I spent an hour in the garden in my lunch break though.

Looking sunny this morning so I'm going to head out soon for more of the same. Somehow I just don't see the point in proper training at the moment.

Dishwasher salt is the next loo roll then it seems  ;)

We're still low on flour and yeast in most supermarkets.

Shocking to read about the stupidity of some people, ale.

Comments

• Morning.

It took a while to warm up here too chicksta but it was lovely when it did which was also just before I needed to start work. I can post you a couple of sachets of yeast if you're desperate. No dishwasher here so no worries about the lack of salt - look for the bright side and all that.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            hopefully stress relief
    Last hard:    finding running routes that son't increase stress
    Last rest:      15/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

There was a frost here yesterday morning but by mid afternoon we were in the 20s. Warmer first thing today and 20s expected again.

What: half an hour or so plus stretches plus gardening

Why: ticking over, plus need some more lawn prep (changing the shape so digging out borders) before 2 tonnes of top soil arrive, whenever that might be.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Strange where the shortages are.  So people are repeatedly filling up their dishwashers after baking all day? 

Enjoy the weather chicksta.  How is your hamstring now?  At least you have plenty of time to allow that to fully settle before you think about getting into proper training again.  I had a few weeks of what's the point as well, now I am feeling more motivated to do some training again despite not having a race on the horizon.  I am hoping that it will be ok to travel about more in a couple of months time (nationally) and intend to solo run my hill races and also the route of one I have on the to-do list.  Need a certain amount of fitness for that if it is to be any fun at all.

Is the dishwasher called Mark then by any chance LMH?  Hope you have a nice short and easy. 

You will have a lot of soil moving to do Ale.  Why can't people just give up on the partying for just a few more weeks (or it will be several months!)

Nice intervals yesterday Dustin.  Shame about the MB marathon, hope they find a date which will suit you.

Nice miles WP.

What: 5 mile recovery with a few strides planned for later
    Why: worked reasonably hard yesterday, planned to do 5 @ PMP + 10 % within my 10 miles and ended up doing 11.5 with 6 @ PMP instead. 
    Last hard: was supposed to be on my way to Hambug today.  Oh well.  Missing the idea of a short vacation more than the marathon though.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no but made me smile.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    WP - loads of eggs, bought 3 boxes! As LMH suggests dishwasher salt is no biggie, I wash up a lot of things by hand anyway rather than leave the dishwasher half loaded. 

Have to report an RFJ style incident for me yesterday: went for a long steady run at half 4 and was ticking along quite nicely, even with a reasonable (recovery run) pace. About a mile and a half from home through the twisty woods, felt a bit light headed, lost footing, regained footing, lost footing and fell over. Think the shoulder and ribs took most of it all, but have a fat lip too so must've hit my head. 
    Came too and hadn't a clue where I was or why I was out. Made it back OK, and guessing mild concussion. 
    Brain functions mainly restored but ribs very sore - took hours to get comfortable last night. I'll see how they fare this week, I don't really want to go to A&E (hospital). Have to admit, it was a bit scary. 
    I dobt I'll be running for a few days at least....It may well have been part dehydration, as it was very warm yesterday. 
    What - nothing
    Why - sensible
    last rest - the next few days
    last hard - the ground

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Dustin! Hope you are ok. Trust it is nothing more than being shaken up. Take care, as RFJ might say. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That does sound scary Dustin - don't be afraid to go to A&E if you feel you need to but mostly you need monitoring for signs of a head injury so just make sure that someone else is keeping an eye on you for the next 24 hours or so. They won't do anything for the ribs at hospital unless they are interfering with your ability to breathe - you need to make sure that even if you need pain relief to do so you keep taking deep breaths and have a periodic cough.

Sounds as though you're running well Hazel. I'm with you on wanting the change of scene.

We had a frost again here this morning Alehouse and whilst it warmed up yesterday afternoon we didn't hit the 20s.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Jeepers, Dustin. That sounds very scary. Hope you make a swift recovery. 

LMH: That's sweet of you. For now I'm ok and still have a few sachets. A friend just told me how to make your own with Weissbier and flour, so if push comes to shove I'll try that.

Frost, LMH/ale! Good grief. 

Hazel: Nice running. It's good to be motivated. I'm still waiting for my mojo to come back. The hamstring is ok as long as I shuffle at a very easy pace which is fine with me at the moment. 

We had a lovely morning with zero wind and bright sunshine so I bimbled around for 6 miles. Today was one of those mornings where I felt I could have done a Forrest Gump and just carried on forever. Sadly, work stopped play.
  • Ouch Dustin.  LMH's advice regarding head and ribs sounds like everything I have heard on such.

Well you know that Weissbier is known as liquid bread chicksta.  Will be interesting to hear what your report of conditions in Hamburg at the weekend.  It is a bit on the warm side for marathoning here at the moment.  Shame you couldn't keep going because of work.
  • Dustin that sound terrible but do take LMH advice.Glad you got eggs:-)

What 6 mile run
    Why: because
    Last hard:world events
    Lyrics: Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    oh my goodness Dustin do take care, that sound scary indeed! Hope you are ok
    Poppy nice running
    chick how nice to feel all forrest gump!
    have to say working at home is so much cooler, cold even, than work!!
    nice running hazel
    lmh nice to see you posting short and easy
    alehouse enjoy the run and stretch, my oh is building a planter which is going to so good!

WHat: 5 miles done this morning including a 2.6 mile strava challenge thingy
    why: it helps with motivation
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Eggs delivered once a week with our milk here so no problems so far. Flour is harder but got some from local farm shop.

Struggling at the moment with Lucas/work etc.

Hope you're ok Dustin. Please keep an eye of that head and go to a&e if any signs of serious concussion. They are quite empty at the moment (no bar fights or sports matches going on!). In fact Chris whitty is telling us to go to hospital if they have a serious health condition!!!

I think my next cake will be an apple cake. Maybe streusel.

Have a lovely evening all