Saturday 18th April 2020 When you're down and troubled

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: When you're down and troubled,
And you need a helping hand

What: not a parkrun but perhaps a run in a park

Why: world events

Supermarket d&d. Almost empty. Only flour seemed to be missing off the shelves. 

Dry, breezy, cool; I see others have rain.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning alehouse
    Lyrics yes and very apt

Had an awful  down day yesterday, crying and flat - I hope it lifts today. Ran on the treadmill, 2 miles. Covered the display and just ran to feel. 
    What run outside
    Why mood needs lifting
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

Keep safe and keep sane all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And keep smiling Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

I think we're all having days like that Wabo - hope today is a better one.

That's early for the supermarket Alehouse - ours aren't opening until 0800hrs and then the first hour is alternately for key workers or vulnerable people (though I don't know how you evidence that - I'd feel embarrassed turning up to use that slot, fortunately not an issue as I have Mark to do the shopping).

Wet, breezy and chilly here this morning. I think the OMM jacket will get an outing later.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             sanity
    Last hard:     the saddle by the end of my ride
    last rest:       17/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hi folks

Sorry I have been AWOL. Just too much effort keeping in touch with everyone electronically.
    Getting my permitted daily run and doing a bit of gardening and such.
    Even took my French Horn out to doorstep at 8pm on Thursday. Thank U Very Much to the NHS (The Scaffold)
    Quite pleasant weather-wise here and not forecast to change. :)
    Last rest pre-lockdown (have to get my permitted allowance)
    Gardening is quite hard (neglected for past 10 + years but starting to show signs of improvement.
    Lyrics no

Amused by Guardian article
    "Driving somewhere for exercise lawful under *England* lockdown rules, police told"
    ... illustrated by a photo of Fraserburgh beach (Scotland) - a 4.5h drive  (275 miles) north from the English border!

In Scotland, we are definitely being told that it is not ok to drive to exercise location.
  • Glad you're ok OH - it would need to be some walk to justify that drive! Do you have any confirmed cases on Orkney yet?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Good to see you, OH! And well spotted in The Guardian! I read the article but didn't take in the picture! And amused by your French Horn exploits!

A pleasant enough 30 minutes or so this morning; one dog walker, and two separate runners, one with his little boy on a bike. And that was it. Much cooler today, around 7 degrees.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you, OH.

(((Wabo))) - hope it's a better day for you today.

I copied ale and did the weekly shop at 7am (no slot allocation here, everyone can go as they please). Then a 5 mile run, some housework and a 2 hour bike ride. Now chilling in the sun 😎

Sorry to hear the weather has turned for some of you. We've had no rain in all of April - it's bone dry.

I bet you felt that saddle yesterday, LMH. It takes me a few weeks to get used to longer rides after a break.

Yesterday's lyrics: 21 Pilots, Level of concern

And I know today's :)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Sorry have also been awol, feeling things getting on top of me a bit, is not an easy time

What: 5km progressive run followed by runderwear challenge
    Why: was one of the running club challenges, I had a serious case of CBA but actually feel a bit better after that
    Last hard: every day is hard and to top it off sleep has pretty much become a rare luxury
    Lyrics: yes

Hope you're feeling better today wabo

Have a great day all
  • Evening.

Hope you are feeling better today Wabo and the outdoor run helped.

That cold you needed a jacket LMH? I remember you do like warmth though.

No flour, no cake Ale.. Good run trafficwise.

Good to see you OH. French horn? More unknown talents.. :)  Have occasionally seen/heard a guy playing bagpipes and also another one with an alphorn.

Busy day chicksta sounds like you deserved to lounge in the sun.

Sorry you are struggling at the moment emzap. Good your run perked you up a bit.

What: 4 and a bit mile recovery this evening
    Why: reward for getting various things done, loosen up the legs
    Last hard: more anti-running press today
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: yes