Wednesday 22nd April 2020 - Driving in the fast lane

morning all :)

Lyrics: Driving in the fast lane
Counting mile marker signs

Well done, Lucas :smiley:  is that a sleep PB?

Seems a bit calmer out there this morning. At least the wind keeps the cyclists away. They're out there in large groups if the weather is nice, even in Corona times. Never knew we had so many male communes ;)

Have a great day, all.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Forgot: yesterday's song was Rae Garvey, Is it love
  • Morning.

Yay for sleep emzap - could do with more of that myself.

chicksta - we have some disparate cycling households too. Hope it's less windy and you enjoyed your run.

You can have your rain if it's mostly overnight Alehouse :-) I definitely don't feel like a youngster.

I can feel my hamstring/PITA this morning but am hoping that a run will be an option later if I can my btm out of the door. Less windy here today if the forecast is to be believed.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             sanity
    Last hard:     enduring
    Last rest:      20/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yes, would be happy with overnight rain, LMH.

What: short run, stretches

Why: body feels tired after yesterday's exertions

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning..

Rain here as well please.. (shakes rain stick and dances around a bit)..

If you have made a comeback twice already chicksta you will know something already about how to do it. 

Hope you got a similar amount of sleep as well then emzap.  Or at least a decent amount.

Can imagine you are tired after that shovelling Ale.  Hmm - emzap spoke about a virtual pub if I remember correctly.  Maybe you could join your regulars that way?  Any cake left?

Glad your meetup with your son went well Wabo.

What: hilly 10 miler, minor gardening
    Why: hills are on the agenda this week (alternating between hills and minor speedwork), veggie seedlings delivered yesterday
    Last hard: reading about planned autumn events being cancelled already
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    2 wake ups last night but he went straight back to sleep so not too bad. Think the night before was a sleep pb though he has done a lot of 8-5 in the past.

What: probably something tbc as yet
    Why: I need to keep my mood lifted and exercise will help that
    Last hard: keeping positive though sleep is definitely helpful!
    Lyrics no

Yes ale, virtual pub!  What is it with men and moving colossal amounts of compost, my dad is moving 2 tonnes!

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good news with Lucas sleeping through Emz - fast forward 18-20 years and they are awake for 3-4 hours, "napping" the rest of the time...
    Ale - good gardening skills and rightly rewarded with cake!
    Hazel - oh, do love a hill work out! Enjoy.
    Chick - hearing you with the cycle communes! 

What - nothing
    Why - recovering, starting to p1ss me off now though
    Last rest - all week
    last hard - all week
    Another joyous trip to Tesco first thing for the weekly shop. So well organised and people behaving.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning again! 

Obviously things are little better, Dustin; I can understand your frustration.

Plenty of cake left, Hazel. Pop over and grab a slice.

Emz, it wasn't the just under 2 tonnes of top soil, or the 20 square metres of new grass, but the levelling and compacting the surface that was the hard work, and was largely spent on my knees. However wondering whether to do the other, bigger, lawn...

What: 25 mins d&d

Why: legs somewhat tired although in fact better than I expected
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Run up hill
    Another sunny day (ground actually getting quite dry)
    Last hard: cabin fever
    Lyrics no

Now to cajole raspberry canes into some degree of order ...