Thursday April 23rd - Life is so crazy these days I don't know how to adjust

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
Morning all
Lyric - Life is so crazy these days, I don't know how to adjust

Ale - did someone say cake ?!?
What - some kind of walk, managed an hour (3.75miles yesterday over the fields at teatime. Beautiful evening!
Why - sanity
last rest - walking aside, teh last 7 days
last hard - planning my race calendar!
3 years ago today was my GFA run at Southampton. Seems a long time ago now....

Have a lovely day

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Cake: yes (although will be giving a few slices to my daughter as she is going to do my shopping later)

What: a run of some description

Why: what we do

I can't see there being much of a calendar at all, Dustin! Cross country perhaps?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good that you can at least walk, Dustin. Anything to keep us sane, eh? I find those timeline messages hard to stomach - doesn't go down well to be reminded of past glory ;)

Thanks for starting the thread. My brain was empty this morning and I couldn't think of any lyrics. Yesterday's were Calm after the Storm, The Common Linnets. 

I wonder if we manage to do another parkrun this year ...  I miss my friends there although we do a pub quiz on Skype every Thursday night :)

Haven't seen poppy lately. Hope she's ok. And chamolk is probably busy doing crazy shifts. 

What: 6 miles
    Why: sanity
    Last hard: all this Corona nonsense and I really miss my workplace and my colleagues. WebEx doesn't cut it for me.
    Last rest: 30/3
  • Morning.

Walking is good when you can't run Dustin.

Is that the carrot and banana cake Alehouse?

chicksta - I'm struggling too. It's been about five weeks since I was even in a car. I'm really not sure how much longer I can sustain this sort of lifestyle.

What:           walk or a bike ride
    Why:            don't want to push the knees
    Last hard:    staying sane/positive
    Last rest:     20/4

Lyrics - no but very apt.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, carrot, banana and walnut cake, LMH: thanks for the recipe! May well use it again. 

Listening to the Chief Medical Officer yesterday it sounds like we will have to sustain this lifestyle for rather a long time: he was talking about social distancing until at least the end of the year. I can foresee a lot of people ignoring that. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Our cherry tree cheered me up this morning :)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lovely tree chicksta
    Lockdown madness eh! 
    Dustin hope soon your can get your running going, walking is good though
    Lmh I keep worrying about driving again!!
    Alehouse I read about the social distancing till the end of the year 😭

What not sure not got out early, always dodgy
    Why I will struggle
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all, me and oh very excited as we're having a BBQ later! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Had to wait until after my daughter had done the shopping before I could run; had put my kit on first thing when it was chilly so realised after a couple of Kms that I was overdressed!

What: 7.45km

Why: 8k course was a bit congested at a narrow point so took a short cut which proved a good move. Hard work this morning. Probably just tired from Tuesday's all day gardening session.

Daughter was given cake and sweetpea plants as her reward for the shopping.
  • Afternoon..

Contemplates slice of lemon cake on plate...  (not made by my fair(ish) hands though - from local farm shop).  (checks over shoulder if Dustin is lurking, ready to grab it..) 

Would also like to plan a race Dustin.  Still haven't cancelled Hamburg but should do so.  With the Berlin marathon having fallen which would have taken place two weeks later than Hamburg it is very unlikely to take place.  Don't feel easy about planning races of that scale with travel at the moment at all, not even for next spring.  The only thing I have an eye on is a low participant hill marathon not too far from here at the end of October - had that on my list for a few years already.  I can imagine that purely due to the uncertainty around events it might well be cancelled soon.  I might run the route unsupported though.  Hence starting to build up the hillage. 

Lovely tree Chicksta - not too pink.   Good point regarding WP and chamolk.  Hope both are well.

Could also do with a change of scenery and everyday seeming to be the same LMH.  We don't have a ban on travelling for pure pleasure and many ignore the recommendation not to do it but I don't feel it would be appropriate so stay in the area. 

Outlook on everything around social distancing certainly is depressing.    

Hmm - good combination for your daughter Ale. 

What: 4-5 recovery this evening
    Why: hills yesterday - ambled around 10.5 miles with around 340m +/-.  Found a couple of nice trails I didn't previous know requiring fancy footwork due to their downward / upward nature with plenty of roots.
    Last hard:  one of two of the inclines yesterday - puff-puff
    Last rest: 30.03.

• Beautiful chicksta. I try to look and take comfort in the beauty of nature when I'm out.

Hazel - we could technically drive and run or walk but like you can't really justify it as it's not as though we can't get out and find space from home. I think I'd feel differently if I lived somewhere really built up and crowded.

I hope your daughter enjoyed the cake too Alehouse. I thought it was unusually light for a carrot cake.

Hope you had a good run and enjoy the BBQ Wabo.

I managed a change of scene today. Mark wasn't working (has to use so many days leave by the end of June) so we went for a nearly ten mile walk and explored some places that we haven't been before. A few narrow paths with no view that caused me a little anxiety but navigating these was rewarded with some amazing wide open views and unpopulated countryside. We set off just after 1030hrs and I was a tad overdressed and warm by the time we arrived back home but I'm not complaining, I'd rather that than cold and miserable.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, LMH, daughter has just messaged, "It was tasty!". She couldn't guess the ingredients!
    Sounds like a good walk!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    LMH send out an SOS sorry I have been missing my laptop is old and was struggling and I would keep the tabs I use daily up so I had to get rid of them and off course I forgot ,you know how it is the day runs away from you.Laptop is running faster so have made a post it note:-)

Chick: I am sorry to hear about toes and surgery when will you go under the knife?

We have stricter laws and are not allowed to drive to exercise:-( I miss Aberafan and it flat route and sea view and banter with the local's.

I have run every day last fatigue day was Sunday 2 miles, but rest of week has been Ace Monday 6, Tuesday 6,Wednesday 7.5,

What: 5.5 miles
    Why: slept badly
    Last hard: New world/sleeping
    Lyrics Nope

Busy route as an hour later I saw 20+ runners I usually see very few but all kept there distance.I also ran PB for route 35 secs a mile but not a route I use often usually summertime as shaded from the nasty sun :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Just a walk here today.

Poppy good to see you

I am definitely finding this hard.  I'm not someone who needs people all the time and am more than happy with my own company, but it has been rather a long time! I struggle more with the limited outings than social interaction, though I wouldn't mind seeing someone other than oh and Lucas!

Think I'm going to bake my apple cake tomorrow

Have a happy almost Friday
  • Neurology appt by telelink; yoga; gardening; statutory run (and sneaky swim)
    Why: easier if I keep busy
    Last hard: missing social contact
    Easier if I don't rest!
    Lyrics: appropriate but no