Friday 24th April maybe your baby gone made some other plans

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all
Sitting at my desk, crept in to collect bits and oh is doing a lovely cycle loop round here
BBQ was lovely
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Poppy lovely to see you, lots of miles going on! 
    Alehouse bet your daughter loved the trade. I've also gone out with too many layers this week!! 
    I think we aren't meant to drive to exercise either poppy, it is hard though I bet for some people if they're in a built up area

What try to improve  my club relay challenge leg! 10.17 so far for 1.16 miles
    Plus run with Rachelle and Sam individually
    Why all keeping sane
    Last hard yesterday 5k effort, caught the sun 😭
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - walk sounded fun, always good to explore!
    Ale - yes probably XC. Not entering any races and have deferred London.
    Southampton have moved their race again, was this week, then postponed until June, now it's early August. Can't see that happening tbh.

Great to see everyone making the best of a difficult situation especially the baking. Just getting out is a great help. I'm lucky in that I can be in the fields in 5 minutes, I feel for those in towers or without gardens or easy access to parks.
    What - another longer walk, hoping to run tomorrow/Sunday
    Why - sanity
    last rest - everyday 
    last hard - everyday
    lyric - not sure, yesterday was New Order's Tutti Frutti

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not sure

Yes, I'm lucky Dustin: nearest sports' field is 150 metres away and then have a green belt next to the river for miles in either direction. Unfortunately everyone seems to be heading for the river at present. 

Wabo: in England you can drive to exercise "where more time is spent doing the latter than the former" i.e. as long as you exercise for longer than you are driving. That is the National Police Chiefs' Council's advice. 

What: a run from home of some description plus stretches plus gardening

Why: suspect legs will be a little reluctant but will see. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

emzap - I'm much less social than you usually but I'm missing the little interactions and being able to go to the shop. I'm also finding the constant anxiety wearing.

I'm afraid you probably didn't need to defer London Dustin. I'll be very surprised if it happens. Good that you feel nearly ready to run again.

Wabo - I'm glad the BBQ was good and that you have some (appropriately socially distanced) company to look forward to.

Alehouse - I can feel yesterday's walk in my legs but am hoping they will allow a run.

OH - I'm sure you weren't stopping anyone else accessing open space with your swim and that it was necessary for your mental health :-) I can't decide if all this would have been better or worse if it had happened when we seemed to have that continuous bad weather.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             not capable of more
    Last hard:     enduring
    Last rest:      23/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: plan is Pilates and runderwear
    Why: been slack this week, work has been busy
    Last hard: not taking Lucas to see my dad on his birthday, would have been nice on the first one as a grandpa
    Lyrics: nope, I had some at 5, but then managed to fall asleep after settling Lukey.

Ordered my dad an afternoon tea from a local farm shop and a stranger in their local FB page has offered to collect it and deliver. This pandemic is certainly bringing out the best in people (assuming it all works out, but the farm seem to know the woman who offered!).

I can stay positive if I think day by day, struggling when I look long term though.

Have a sunny day all
  • Morning

Also very grateful about easy access to space here. Used to live in cities (Munich then Stuttgart) and it would have been a lot harder.

Good news on the swimming OH.

Lovely idea for your dad emzap.  Hope that works out ok.  Currently enjoying the occasional clouds here.  Rare things at the moment.  Already developing a runner's tan.

Can definitely recommend going on an explorer walk / run.  And also deliberately looking around for things to enjoy.  Had a nasty breakdown in 2011 and had to learn to do this.

Great running WP. 

Well done on the club relay challenge Wabo.

Good luck already for the return to running at the weekend Dustin.

What: hill reps
    Why: focusing on hills this week
    Ongoing hard: +1 to long-term perspectives
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I do love hilly offroad routes, Hazel. Nice work yesterday and well done on the hill reps. Sadly I have to drive quite far for decent hills. I do live by a river and a nature reserve with plenty of space right on my doorstep. It's a popular area and now that two neighbouring federal states have prohibited traffic most townies come our way. Especially at the weekend.
    Jeez, a breakdown! Poor you. 

Nice to see you poppy. Glad you're OK and impressed by your mileage. Very consistent. 

Em/LMH:  I'm also more than happy with my own company most of the time but when I work I feel lonely in my quiet little home office and really miss the casual banter with my colleagues - it's just not the same when we chat in a scheduled video conference. 

Lovely idea to surprise your dad, em. 

Hope you can return to running at the weekend, Dustin

I be your legs are reluctant, ale. Gardening is always killing mine and I usually don't do anything but weeding. 

What: 5 miles
    Why: sanity
    Last hard: idiots igniting fireworks by the river at 1:15am disrupting my sleep. Probably some morons celebrating Ramadan. Grrr.
    Last rest: 30/3
    Lyrics: no
  • I think I need PPE for gardening. My legs are scratched to bits and 2 nasty (cleg) bites from yesterday. Well long trousers and a sunhat!
    Bit of woodwork, gardening and a 5k loop.