Saturday 25th April 2020 Life is never what it seems

Morning!

Lyrics: Life is never what it seems
We're always searching in our dreams

What: half an hour plus

Why: that sort of day. Plus stretches. Plus gardening, particularly trying to get the new grass to turn green: despite lots of watering it is keen on turning brown in parts! Could do with rain.

Back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I've long maintained that gardening is dangerous OH :-)

Hope you enjoyed your run Alehouse. No sign of rain here today which is how I like it!

What:           short and easy
    Why:            protecting my knees/staying sane
    Last hard:    not waking up in London
    Last rest:     23/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Yesterday's lyrics, the song popped into my head and wasn't until after I posted I realised the title was in my lyrics 🤣. They were maybe your baby by Stevie wonder
    Enjoy your run alehouse
    Lmh you too. Oh what a strange one this weekend is for many.  It would have been quite a warm London marathon
    I've woken up feeling like it's groundhog Day 😢
    Oh ouch to that gardening
    What maybe 5-6 miles different route
    Why to break this feeling
    Last hard yesterday 2.5 early doors
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Son and Dil suffering with hay fever yesterday so didn't run, maybe today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap what a lovely idea for your dad
    I know what you mean about day to day

• I  like it hot Wabo :-) I definitely found that a change of scene made me feel better when Mark and I walked on Thursday.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 1k + 8.25k

Why: assess how warm and busy it was. It wasn't and it was, so wore tracksters, long sleeves, gloves and ditched my thoughts of running the parkrun course and settled for my longer course in the opposite direction. Was not particularly warm for the first 3k or so but then got moving reasonably well.

And there was a little hint to the lyrics in my opening post. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

I missed yesterday but I had a pull just above achilles on good leg and could not stretch it out so opted to rest!

Em: What a lovely idea and peeps so kind to help out.

Wabo: I do know what you mean about Groundhog day sadly:-( and what day is it as every day is a Sunday!

What: 5.5 miles
    Why: hardly any sleep due to heat!
    Last hard Sleeping/this world
    Lyrics: Yes

It was touch and go as I really was tired but managed a flatter route on cycle path which is mega busy but as cooler at 7am it was not too bad at all a few runners and a few cyclist's.Happy to get it done,I feel a nap will be needed later!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Isn't London always too hot?

Ouch, OH. I had to look up cleg :)  I call them horseflies and they're nasty buggers.

Wow, must be really hot if you can't sleep, poppy. We have around 20 during the day but it's down to single digits at night. My kinda weather 😎. It means I can enjoy my early morning run and relax in the garden in shorts and t-shirt.

Well, no relaxing today. I worked hard on exterminating dandelion. Made me sweat coz the roots have to come out otherwise they grow back in an instant.

What: 6 miles
    Why: avoiding heat and crowds
    Last hard: gardening
    Last rest: 30/3
    Lyrics: yes

Quite happy that my stride is getting back to normal and the hamstring is only a bit niggly rather than painful. My last mile today was roughly Berlin marathon pace, rather unintentional. I just thought I'd try to speed up a little.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I think maybe I know alehouse's lyrics
    Lmh I've done indoors running today and oh did short run warm up on treadmill followed by a monster turbo session- now we can go for a nice long walk together! Broken the groundhog Day and a change as you say 
    Nice work chicksta
    Poppy good going after a dodgy night, I was sweating when I woke quilt too warm for me but right for oh 🥺
    Nice running alehouse some mornings have been fresh - early 
  • Evening..

Hate horseflies and also had to look up cleg. They sneakily settle on you if you have ignored that warning whine and then sink the jaws in - ouch! Have some very battered maps from swatting the bloody things.

A few splatters on the window a couple of minutes ago but no proper rain yet either, maybe tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the lawn Ale. Gloves?

Tomorrow would have been VLM then LMH. How often have you run it in the past? Any particular memories?

Can't be easy for hay fever sufferers at the moment Wabo. Nice multi-sporting day for you.

Hope the leg niggle is nothing WP and you were able to fit in a nap.

Nice destructive work in the garden Chicksta, don't you love it when you can extract one of those roots!  Sounds like progress with the hamstring.

What: 5 recovery before usual Saturday stuff.
    Why: hills yesterday, longish tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday's hill reps and not getting stroppy at a guy smoking a stinking cigar right next to the veggies at the farm shop. Bahhh!
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Horsefly (English)
    =Cleg(Scottish)
    =Shitfly (Orcadian)!

The Orcadian is most apt.

Finishing (painting & oiling) creepies (Orkney stools)
    Gardening
    10k run

Permitted exercise (just) and takes me over 100 miles for April

Lots of hards but lots to be thankful for.

Lyrics: no