Sunday 26th April 2020 The old home town looks the same

Morning!

Lyrics: The old home town looks the same
As I step down from the train

Yesterday's were Petula Clark with The Other Man's Grass is Always Greener

What: short run, stretches

Why: don't want to increase the weekly ks by too much
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

This would have been my eighth Hazel. If the weather in London is like ours it would have been about perfect for me today too. Never mind my knees haven't been good and I wouldn't have been chasing a PB I just love the day.

I don't think that having lots to be grateful for means that you can't be pretty fed up with the current situation OH. 

We are forecast some light rain this afternoon Alehouse.

What:          running for the third day in a row
    Why:           seeing if I can
    Last hard:   staying positive
    Last rest:    23/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet!

What: about 30 mins + stretches d&d

Why: trying not to build up too quickly. 39k for the week. The previous 6 have been 28/30/31/32/34/37. Progressive consistent consistency!

During the run it went from bright sun to grey and windy. But rain not expected for a couple of days here. 

1981 London Marathon highlights this pm. May watch: I know a fair few people who did it, but probably won't recognise them now!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OH: Shitfly it is 👍 that's what I'm going to call them going forward ;)

LMH: wow to 8th London marathon. I did just one - exactly 10 years ago. 3:38:38 and the only time I ever ran two dead even splits and a 17 minute PB :). Fond memories.
    Hope your third run in a row went well.

Hazel: Cigars are so nasty. Yuck.

Ale: sounds like an afternoon of short shorts ;)

What: 7.5 mile progression run, speeding up every 2.5 miles, finishing strong and feeling good. Only my feet hurt but that's going to be tackled soon.
    Why: hamstring test
    Last hard: gardening yesterday
    Last rest: 30/3
    Lyrics: no
  • Sounds as though your hamstring is well on the mend chicksta - good news.

Alehouse - our rain is disappearing from the forecast now.

Knee wasn't too bad on my run but hamstring isn't exactly happy with me - more rolling around on a spiky ball to be done.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon

Didn't realize it was 8 already LMH, impressive.  Good your knees didn't mind the third day of running.

Lucky to have run it too Chicksta, anyone else?  Dustin I think? Chances of me getting in are remote as can't via go GFA due to living abroad.  Charity also likely not easy. Don't know that I want to do VLM anyway. Plenty of others - when/if they start taking place again..

Nice progression Chicksta.

Good consistency indeed Ale. Clouds but no rain yet, might get some later, mostly the hills and mountains get it all. Some nice thunderstorms to the SW. 

+1 to simultaneously feeling grateful and frustrated OH.

Hope everyone has had a decent Sunday in some way.

What: 16 miles with some 450m +/-
    Why: finishing off a hills week
    Last hard: the last but one hill. 55m in 0.5k initially doesn't sound too bad but it starts with a reasonable incline over a motorway and finishes with a crawl style gradient (saw 10min/km on the watch as current pace - oops)
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no

• More finishing/painting
    eChurch
    Run up our local hill
    Hail for the last 10 minutes (after no precipitation for 3 weeks.
    Hard not seeing friends
    Lyrics no

Weather didn't look bad at all at Turlensee, near Zürich, today (daughter facetiming during cycle break)
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone

Starting to get a bit of free time again - between work and having several colds, it's not been a great month for running - think I went 2 weeks without getting any exercise at all. Ended up getting swabbed on Monday for Covid -19, but was negative, though still having some symptoms.

Got 5k done during the week, and did an hour today, think it was a bit over 7 miles. Heart rate was pretty close to max both times, think it was almost 190 today (checked it myself just to see if the watch was picking it up wrong)

Hope everyone is keeping well and healthy