Monday 27th April - Trudging slowly over wet sand, back to the bench where your clothes were stolen

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Training
Morning all
Today's lyric: Trudging slowly over wet sand
Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen

OH - good work with the gardening, I'm running out of places to stack the cuttings & clippings (green waste collection stopped a month ago)
Ale et al. - Watched the replay of the first London marathon yesterday, surprised by the sheer number of headbands and lack of women.
Oh and David Coleman's "and the back of the fields where those running 3 1/2 or 4 hours start"....

What - easy run 
Why - getting back
last rest - Saturday
last hard - yesterday
Should have been running London but instead headed out for 6.2 - first run back for 11 days.
Ribs, chest felt ok, slight discomfort when I started but soon eased. Legs meanwhile had got used to not running I think!

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Green, green grass of home," Tom Jones. And yes, my new grass seems to be getting slightly greener, And I have about half a dozen bags of garden debris and nowhere to put it, also, Dustin.

Good to see you posting a run, Dustin! Enjoyed the 1981 London programme. Seems a long time ago on one hand; on the other it seems like yesterday! Noticed quite a few people I knew. Was it me or were runners generally smaller and certainly lighter? And, Chick, the shorts were certainly shorter, and as Dustin observed, hardly any females. We must remember that until 1980 women were only allowed to race up to 3000 metres!

And good to see you pop in, Chamolk! As a layman I'd be worried by the ultra-high bpm and would be monitoring that very carefully.

What: 6k or so? Plus stretches.

Why: Monday is generally longer. 

No rain here as yet, and probably none until tomorrow. Very grey though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Great news you were able to run yesterday Dustin.

I guess Zurich did get wet at some point yesterday OH. 

Good to see you Chamolk.  Hope the HR is nothing.  Also that you continue to get some spare time.

Missed the 1981 programme - probably could have got though if on the standard BBC / ITV etc. channels.

Bit of rain here - more promised for the next few days - not deluges though. 

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: yesterday's hilly 16.  Legs don't feel too bad today though so it seems the work is starting to pay off.
    Last not seen before: double yolk in an egg
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hazel: 1981 was on BBC1 so probably easy to catch it up somehow! And 16 hilly sounds good if the legs don't feel too battered! And yes, double yolks are fun; at one time you often saw double yolk eggs for sale and I always wondered how they could possibly know that you would get what was promised!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Apparently some chickens lay double yolkers so if they know which chicken laid which egg they can probably guarantee it.

Sorry keep meaning to post then life gets in the way.

Sat 8.5km up a lot of hills.

Sun a 13 km scavenger hunt walk

Today not sure yet

Lucas can now crawl backwards. Life as we knew it is over!

Good to see you chamolk

Glad knee survived 3 days in a row lmh

After a week of sun looks like colder, wetter weather this week.

Have a lovely day
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good to see you Emz...and you will soon need to tie your boy down! And that sounds a tough run on Saturday! Be careful!

What: 9.1k, largely flat, off-road or car less tarmac.

Why: decided to extend my 8k course. Saw one car except when I cross two major roads (one footbridge, one pelican crossing). Considerably more cars today on those roads, unless it is my imagination or the time I ran. Saw 6 runners in the first 2.5k, 3 of each gender, and including my M75 friend (stopped for a brief chat); 3 off road cyclists (male, two were pleasant, one wanted the whole path); 4 walkers (3 female) and 3 dog walkers (all female). Keeping count helps the time go! Generally pleased with today's run, although top of one hamstring is suggesting I should be sitting on a spiky ball. The slightest gradient still finds me struggling a little.

Sufficiently cool for a lightweight jacket and gloves. But no sign of rain. 
  • Morning.

Take it easy until you're better chamolk.

Great that you were able to run Dustin.

I guess it won't be long until he's walking emzap!

Mild here Alehouse though grey.

Good that your hard work is paying off Hazel.

My legs feel surprisingly good today but I am very tired. I wasn't planing to try running four days in a row anyway but it's nice to know it may have been a possibility. Just a walk for me.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, chamolk. Agree with LMH, do take it easy. It's not like anyone of us will be racing soon ...  Is your HRM wrist based? That would explain a high reading. Or if it's a strap it may need a rinse.

Bet it felt good to be running again, Dustin.

Looks like your knees have stopped their niggly nonsense, LMH 🤞 good call to rest if you're tired.

Quite unbelievable about women's running in the 70s/early 80s, ale. We've come a long way.

Nice double yolk surprise, Hazel. Very rare occasion.

They develop so fast, em. Agree what LMH days. Before you know it he'll be walking!

What: 6 miles
    Why: my standard distance
    Last rest: 30/3
    Lyrics: no. But I should have known yesterday's.
  • More gardening and 4.5 miles.
    Lyrics no 

I have 30 - 40 bags if garden refuse + 2 piles of bush trimmings waiting for recycling to reopen. Fortunately have masonry base of dismantled large greenhouse to store it in meantime.
    Today has been cooler.