Tuesday 28th April 2020 - Is it raining back home

Morning

Lyrics: Is it raining back home?
I'm so alone

Some rain is finally forecast for tonight and the next couple of days. So I may get wet on one of my next runs ;)

Last hard: Thinking about this day a year ago... ran my second fastest half marathon feeling strong and loving it despite the rain. Can't help wondering if I will ever get anywhere near again... :/

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Similar forecast here, Chick. No reason that you can't get back to where you were a year ago!

Lyrics: no

What: around half an hour plus stretches

Why: ran longer yesterday

Late start: internet keeps playing up. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning.

I think you'll surprise yourself chicksta. Raining here.

Mark is using the lack of brown bin collection as a reason to not do any gardening OH - no idea how long that will go on for and there is a lot of new fly tipping in the country lanes. I think opening the tips should be a relatively safe step assuming they have the staff available. How is Els doing?

Hope your internet sorts itself out Alehouse - I'm more reliant on it than ever.

I forgot!

What:            easy run
    Why:             sanity
    Last hard:     seeing a way out of this
    Last rest:      27/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Sorry I missed Hazel's hilly 16 - great work, and touch of envy from here
    LmH - It's not just Mark...I'm doing some basic weeding and trimming but there is quite a lot to be cut back. Fortunatley have some garage space to stash several waste bags plus I have some hard standing to pile things up, but that can only go on for so long! First world problems I guess...

Another 10k yesterday, was nice to get out again with no emphasis on pace. I think even less will be out today as it's miserable and wet.

What - easy running
    Why - get back on that wagon
    last rest - most of the past fortnight
    last hard - realising how much I have to do
    lyric - not sure
    Yesterday's - prompted by a comment from Wabo - was old laughing boy Morrissey's "Every day is like a Sunday"

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    totally missed yesterday, lot of agro trying to sort out furloughed wages etc etc.  all done now
    Listening to the new Rolling Stones song, love it
    dustin so glad to see you posting runs!
    Lmh and glad your knee has allowed you to run
    alehouse, that was a lot of counting, have you had a driver waving his hand angrily because you ran in the kerb yet?   I did on sunday, he had no other cars and was nowhere near me but felt the need to gesticulate angrily.  We ain't loved much us runners!!!
    Hazel nice one on the hilly 16k
    chicksta I am sure you will get back
    we've got rain, isn't it nice!
    My mum just rang and I thoght oh she must have her flowers (her birthday tomorrow 89th) She rang to tell me about a programme on telly tonight about Port Marian

What: 3+ later
    why: keeping miles going - last week was the highest for ages
    last hard: yesterday afternoon
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all - chamolk, hope you are ok!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning,

All the garden refuse has been collected here as normal every two weeks.

I see Virgin Media was down yesterday? Not our supplier but seems to be country wide.

What 4.5 miles
    Why: All i can manage
    Last hard Fatigue
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Nearly everyone has been courteous, Wabo. Only the odd exception, and I only see the odd car going down to one of the golf courses (workers I imagine as there is no golf). 

What: 30 minutes easy

Why: easy day

Only about three spots of rain here, so far. Or perhaps four. Too busy counting dog-walkers (8), two runners, three walkers, two cyclists. Was on the nearest parkrun course today, but largely in the opposite direction. 

WP: I'm with Virgin Media. Had to reset the router 3 or 4 times yesterday and then again this morning. And there is a Virgin van working along the road as I type. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We are Virgin but no issues for us whilst we've been online or watching tv.

Plenty of rain here Alehouse - Mark has been weeding and feeding (or something like that) the lawn.

Dustin - great that you've been able to get back into running so soon. Definitely should have got those lyrics.

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday Wabo. I hope that today is better. I have frequently been in the road to avoid idiots who won't move over/walk single file on the path - or adults riding their bikes on it! - but no abuse from drivers as yet - or at least not that I've noticed. trying to build the miles here too.

Lovely and quiet on my run, very few people around. Grateful once again for my OMM jacket.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon.

Maybe getting your feet sorted will be the trigger for some new great times chicksta.

Bad luck to those affected by the internet issues. Something you could do without right now.

A lot of garden waste recycling is dealt with by the goats here. Neither my goats nor my garden other than a couple of planters and flower tubs. Do a bit of sneaky pruning/weeding/sweeping every now and then.

Happy birthday to your mum tomorrow Wabo.

4.5 is decent if you are tired WP.

Sounds like progress Dustin. 

Rain kept the people in I guess LMH and your lack of it kept them out Ale.

What: 6-7 GA in a few minutes
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: yesterday Monday was a bit tough somehow, weekends aren't really providing the necessary distractions at the mo.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey, it seems that we're really lucky here. No aggro as a runner and our green waste is still being collected every fortnight. 

No rain yet but it was a rather dull day. So strange after 4 weeks of nothing but bright blue skies :)

Happy Birthday to your mum, wabo

Lovely and quiet are the best runs, LMH

My run today was a slog - just one of those runs that are instantly forgettable. But another 6.5 miles banked and I felt damn glad after sitting on my behind all day busy with work. I always cope better having been out first thing. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just done 4 miles on the treadmill, loving it so far. Didn't fancy going for the outdoors today
    Mummy got her flowers and loved them 
    To be fair everyone round here is being friendly when I'm running, this twit in the car was a one off thankfully. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chicksta yes I get that it's always better to get one done when you've been sitting long periods
    Also did my Tai chi again today
    Nice running hazel
    Thanks for the birthday wishes for my mum 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Have you experimented with the gradient on the treadmill yet, Wabo?

Started raining about 3:30 and still is, but it is very light and only just wetting the surface. 

Decent stretching session d&d.
  • Currently raining now where I am.