NY 2020

After 12 years of failing to get a London ballot place, have shocked myself by getting a NY ballot place at the first try.....

Don't really know where to start as all the travel packages seem to include a guaranteed entry which I don't need.

Might end up travelling solo so ideally want to be in a hotel with other runners.

Just wondered if there were any other people running it this year/who have run previously who have any tips?

Comments

• Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Gladrags-I would forget packages as they are very expensive if you have your own place.NYC is a massive place with tons of hotels so it's hard to say if you'll be in a hotel with other runners unless you get a package.I stayed near the Manhattan library as it was good for the bus on race morning.
  • thanks so much - am just feeling a bit rabbit in headlights as had never thought I'd get in......
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Book a refundable hotel if you can,as the prices can fluctuate,then you can keep an eye on it the next few months,koreatown was a good area for hotels,seemed quite cheap(for manhattan) and near everything you want.Around August you get transport and poncho choices,some transport times book up quickly so research in advance what you want to do.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Well done gladrags, I will follow your experience with interest as I am sitting on a GFA time for 2021! 

Very keen to learn about hotels and transport.
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

thanks all! have provisionally booked a hotel v close to the library - fully refundable. will investigate koreatown as well - thanks.

am thinking about flying with Norwegian as they go form Gatwick and that's easier for me. have registered interest in the route and will get updates if the price drops - so fingers crossed!

2:09 events did get back to me but the package seems to start from about £2500 flying out Friday and back Tuesday which is way too steep. 

Am already training for Manchester/Brighton (possibly both!) so will just build on that....

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    We've booked Times sq so great for sightseeing and easy to get the bus race day morning. We have paid £3000 for 2 of us for Wednesday to Tuesday in a hyatt hotel on Times sq. £2500 seems steep. 

Now we just need it to be on. I'm hoping things disappear as quickly as it came.