Thursday 30th April - Everyone can carry on Except for we two

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all
Listening to the rain 
Great run lmh really enjoyed it. Nearly 5 miles. 
Nice pics oh
Emzap lovely having nice good cooked for you! 
Dustin fly tipping makes my blood boil too

What at least 5
Why to do the most miles April since 2011
Last hard today 
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a good Thursday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Thanks for starting the thread, wabo. Saves me digging for lyrics :).

Was taken out of action by a migraine yesterday. So much for running every day in April ... Would have been nice but wasn't to be.

Dustin/LMH: Aaargh to fly tipping 😠

Hazel: I don't like TMs either (the time seems to slow down on them - 5 mins feel like 15 😉) but they are really good for speedwork I find and to simulate hills when you live in the flatlands and have to drive a certain distance for the nearest incline.

Total change in weather - which probably explains the migraine. Guess I have to run in rain gear today.

Well done to your hubby, em. Men always say they're awful cooks. I think it's a strategy ;) it took me 15 years to convince mine that cooking is no mystery :)

Nice cloud pics, OH.

Tuesdays lyrics were A-ha, Soft Rains of April.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick well there's hope for me yet then. I've only been trying for 11...

What: walk and runderwear challenge tonight
    Why: trying to get a short 15-20 min workout in Mon-Thurs night after Lucas is in bed
    Last hard: a lot at the moment
    Lyrics: nope

Glad you enjoyed your run wabo.

How's your knee lmh?

Chick we've had a lot of rain too.  I accidentally left me tomatoes out and I think they've got a bit cold.  Hoping no permanent damage...

Oh lovely photos.

Dustin yes fly tipping gets me too.  Why the need?

Have a lovely Thursday all, nearly the weekend.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all, and happy Walpurgis for those on the continent...
    OH - good pics!
    Wabo - well done with the April mileage
    Good news story on fly tipping - an unknown samaritan has been down and cleared it all away. There are more kind natured people than tw@ts for which I'm grateful.
    What - another run
    Why - getting back into it
    Last rest - Saturday
    Last hard - bowing to the inevitable, and cancelling the race my club puts on (late June) - this is following England Athletics extending the competition lockdown until 30/06.
    In the grand scheme of things is a minor blip so keeping it rational.
    My race calendar is now bare.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chicksta migraines are horrible, how are you today
    Dustin hoorah for the good Samaritan. I keep looking at my races I was meant to do, have a good run today
    Emzap have a good walk and challenge
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "What the World Now is Love (Sweet Love)", Jackie DeShannon

What: probably around another half hour plus stretches

Why: that sort of day

Wabo: race-wise, did you enter Snowdonia? And well done on the decent miles for April. Must check my kilometres!

And plenty of fly-tipping here as well, unfortunately. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

That's nice Dustin. I no longer dare pick up random bits of rubbish I encounter whilst walking which I used to do before this. Can't justify seven weeks (so far) of not even going in to a shop if I then take a risk like that. Probably silly but if I'm going to put myself at risk I'd rather it was for something like shopping in M&S!

Migraines are horrible chicksta. Hope today's run cleared your head.

That's going to be two big days in a row for you isn't it Wabo?

emzap - knees are coping so far but I'm still being cautious as I really don't want to be unable to run again. I hope that Mr emzap will be convinced of his ability to cook - strangely Mark is quite confident following any recipe containing meat but apparently unable to cook anything that I can eat too...........

Did you get the rain you wanted for your lawn Alehouse?

Mark has a day off today so no run for me - we will go out for a walk together soon and hope to be back before the rain starts.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Long weekend ahead, yay! Although our bank holiday is tomorrow rather than Monday :) 

Wabo: Feeling like a new person today. I get those migraines so rarely (thank god!) that I forget how shitty they make you feel. 

Dustin: There are still lots of good people out there. Shame about the race cancellation but as you said - big picture and all that. 

Em: Hope the tomatoes are OK. I think they will be as long as it didn't freeze.

Managed 9 miles in the rain. Loved it. We've had no rain for so long and now it's been wet since yesterday so the air was lovely fresh and clear. Must be a relief for those suffering from hayfever. Luckily I don't.

April mileage is 162. 1 rest day. Considering I was coming back from a hamstring injury with only short runs in the first half of April that's ok. 
  • Morning!

Nice pics OH - thanks!

Well done to your OH on the cooking emzap.  Hope the tomatoes have survived. 

Good luck for the miles today Wabo.  Well done.

Sorry about the migraine chicksta, shame about the April streak.   

Hate fly tipping as well Dustin.  Good that someone has cleaned up.  Shame about your club's race.  Hope you don't have lost costs due to it.  No announcements on events here until the end of May by the looks of it and all are banned until 8th June at least.  All with more than 1000 people until the end of August minimum.  Training with a max of 5 is allowed as of 11th May. 

Good I got you out of the door yesterday Ale. :p

What: 4 recovery later
    Why: finish off my April streak.  Will be a new highest month mileage for me as I have kept up pretty constant 45-54 mile weeks - not much in the way of speedwork but with decent hillage.  I will either have a very good base soon or burn out.  Hopefully the former.
    Last hard: Also looking at the paper calendar with all the crossings out.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • x-post - oh yes also looking forward to the long weekend (Fri-Sun) even if the weather isn't great. 

Certainly is a good mileage chicksta.

Good news regarding the knees LMH.  Enjoy your walk and hope it stays dry.  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Afternoon!

Bank Holiday here is unusual: Friday 8th May. Not that it will  make much difference given that all the days are so similar at present. 

Pleasant enough run this morning; quieter except saw more cyclists than usual. 

Well done on the April steak, Hazel! Keep it up!

Rain did indeed come, LMH: Tuesday evening, yesterday pm and it is forecast for this afternoon. Lawn seems to be benefiting from it! All running has been in the dry though.

April's figures: no races, no parkruns, 30 days of running, 154k covered, which isn't much by most standards, but is actually the most since last July.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You'll be building a great base Hazel. We did enjoy our walk thank you. Cut it a bit short at just over seven miles as the rain started early - of course soon after we arrived home it stopped but by then it was lunchtime anyway.

Is your hamstring 100% now chicksta?

Nice to see you building back up Alehouse.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's 95%, LMH. I did that progression run on Sunday and felt it towards the end. Just a tad niggly, deffo no pain. But I was motoring at MP, so that was probably just a bit too soon. At my normal plod pace and standard stride length it seems fine. 

Hazel: Echo what LMH said. That's great base mileage and the hills will stand you in good stead. Well done on the April streak. 

Highest mileage since last July sounds good, ale. No parkruns for me either :disappointed:   who knows when they will resume ...
  • That's good chicksta.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Miles for April 112, most since 2009
    I did 3.6 this morning outdoors then this afternoon I did a 33 minute high intensity  interval session on treadmill while oh did it on the turbo. Really good fun and another 2.7 miles.
    Alehouse yes I have an entry for Snowdonia. I do wonder what will happen
    Lmh nice walking, it's been that way all day hasn't it! 
    Nice April stats alehouse
    Hazel amazing April stats wow