Friday 1st may - I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, And I'm wondering how I'll get down the

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Training
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Morning all! 
And now it's may and I'm still home I won't want to go back!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

I can't decide if 2020 is going to be one to remember or one to forget Wabo.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             not up to any more
    Last hard:     enduring
    Last rest:      30/4

Lyrics - I think I might.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh I know what you mean, bit if both maybe

What something later
    Why Friday early trip to work
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Trip to work to file stuff and collect stuff.
    After this I have to shop for my son. Not seen anyone this week through windows - miss them so bad
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Great mileage Wabo, Ale
    Chick -all moving positively which has to be a good thing
    Hazel - Echo what has already been said, great base building and hills will undoubtedly benefit your running.
    LmH - I think we will all remember 2020, I'd rather forget it (well at least the first 4 months and counting..)

What - something
    Why - getting out
    Last rest - Saturday
    Last hard - most of them at the moment. Managed 7.3 miles yesterday, still feel a bit tight and heavy legged but that's to be expected. Still averaged something like 8.20s so hardly a catastrophe.
    Happy Holidays to the Europeans, we have to wait a week, not that I'd notice - all days blend in to one!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

2020 is more one to forget LMH. 

Can you arrange a window meeting still Wabo?  Great mileage for you too and a tough sounding double yesterday.

Decent run yesterday Dustin.  Agree on the days blending into to one.  Post-run I will do some housework, shopping etc.  Exciting stuff.

Good news on the lawn Ale.  After the work you have done on it I hope it thrives.  Good news also on your mileage - you seem to have had a couple of good months in a row now if I recall correctly.   

Thanks for the feedback regarding the mileage.  Final April figure following a recovery run yesterday evening: 228, the highest I have done in a single month. Obviously no races. 

What: another MLR - around 11-13 miles
    Why: to make use of the bank holiday.  Will be naughty and drive to a different location for the first time in weeks - it isn't forbidden here though and not exactly miles away.  Means I can escape from the wind which is pretty strong today and enjoy a nice flat route.
    Last rest: 30.03.
    Last hard: would have been one of my favourite races this evening - a short sharp hill race.  Will try to spend to some time out on today's run indulging in some of the good memories.  Certainly missing the "big family feeling" around these races, we usually have a good team turnout. 

Lyrics: no but made me giggle.  Have you made it off your chair and down the stairs yet Wabo? 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: will let the legs decide/stretches

Why: playing it by feel/trying to get into a regular habit. Steadily building. May run later than usual: forecast is rather wet and it was very wet overnight. 

Decent April, Hazel! Here's to May! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Grey but currently dry here Alehouse.

Enjoy running somewhere different Hazel.

Still feeling the effects of your fall Dustin?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Managed to avoid the rain, but not the wind. 39 minutes d&d, so a reasonable start to the month.

Hope you have a decent bank holiday Hazel and Chick, and can at least make the most of it running-wise.

Stretches later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ale: Definitely made the most of it until the rain set in just now :) 6 miles on my own, then I collected hubby and we did 1.5 together followed by a nice leisurely bike ride.

Great miles, Hazel. It's been a while that I last saw over 200 miles in a month... Enjoy your run.

I'd be delighted with that pace, Dustin.

Wabo: Hope the shopping was stress free.

LMH: I think 2020 is rather forgettable run-wise but the Corona stuff will be remembered for a long time.

I'm trying to structure my days and separate work from personal life so today's bank holiday actually feels like one.

Lyrics: yes. They're perfect post-marathon lyrics ;)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I just love this time of year :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did a window visit hazel, then cried when I left them!!  Got me today but better to see them than not
    Shopping was ok thanks chick, nice exercising today,  that reason was on and off all day!!
    Hazel don't blame you with the drive, it's allowed too
    Today was a treadmill run, 4.3 miles, leisurely