Saturday 2nd May 2020 I met my old lover

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I met my old lover
On the street last night

What: run plus stretches

Why: trying to get fitter whilst not going crazy

Grey, breezy but dry at present.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I suspect the getting fitter is easier than the not going crazy bit Alehouse. Bright and chilly here.

Good news for the local gardeners - our brown bin collection is going to recommence in a couple of weeks.

Is that the furthest so far on the treadie Wabo?

What:           short and easy
    Why:            I want to
    Last hard:    not getting anxious before I go - there will be more people about
    Last rest:     30/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Agree about going crazy lmh. Struggling today.
    That's the longest continuous on treaddie lmh yes. I did 4.5 the other week but it was a session followed by 2x 1 mile
    Lmh enjoy your short and easy, currently getting the same anxious feelings as you
    Alehouse enjoy your run and stretches

What not sure
    Why struggling one minute off road next minute road can't decide
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Did you make up your mind, wabo? Hope you had a good run - off road or on ;)

Grey and breezy here too, ale. Still managed a decent run (for me). My best pace for a while and feeling strong. Feet hurt of course. Can't have it all, I guess

Did you avoid the people, LMH? The change in weather means the cowds stay home here which isca bonus.

7 miles done.

Don't think I know the lyrics today.
  • I had an almost selfish/idiotic person free run chicksta and like you it was my fastest for some time which was a bit of a surprise -most welcome though.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Sorry been missing but have run every day 6 miles day.

What 6.15/1.5
    Why : Because
    Last hard: Fatigue /this world
    Lyrics: Yes

Today 6 miles early then out with Alun for a walk so I ran half of it so another 1.5 miles  but cycle path Waay too busy and not much social distancing being observed.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

In contrast my run was slower than usual...as planned. 

And there was a clue to the lyrics. 

Must be bored, or going crazy: power-washed two of the wheelie bins! Not very warm outside and a coat had to be donned. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh yesterday's lyrics were everyday by Slade. Watching them now funny enough
    I did 3 miles on and off today today and a 2.25 mile walk
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can