Sunday 3rd may 2020 I can walk down the street, there's no one there

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I can walk down the street, there's no one there
Though the pavements are one huge crowd

Yesterday's were, "Still crazy after all these years," Paul Simon.

What: short run, stretches

Why: the daily bit of freedom! 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

If the forecast is correct it should be a lovely day for a long run here unfortunately I don't think my knee is up for it - it was a bit tweaky when I got up this morning - it's more important to me to be able to run more often than it is longer distances so I shall wear my sensible head.

What:           easy run
    Why:            sanity
    Last hard:    seeing an end to the current situation
    Last rest:     30/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning, oh these lyrics I know who it is, the song will come to me
    Lmh enjoy your run, sensible head makes sense
    Alehouse enjoy the short run and three stretches, the daily bit of freedom indeed
    I will be aiming to get my daughter out. With no garden it's very worrying to me for their state of mind. Cleo couldn't smile yesterday as she just wasn't happy. Lyla having melt downs and poor Jodie's really down. 
    I've suggested that maybe one day off I go out on my bike for a while with oh they can go to mine and just play in the garden.
    So today
    What a run followed by a walk 
    Why trying to help my family and myself
    Last hard yesterday - people dodging
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I had to Google the lyrics it was tip of the tongue. What a tune absolutely love it 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Friday's lyrics were stuck in the middle with you Steelers wheels, not slade. I did that another day 🤣
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Stretches d&d (may do some more later) plus short run to get over 40k for the first time since the first week in January when I reached the dizzy heights of 41k. So I guess that has to be the aim for next week!

Hope you sort something with Jodie and the little ones, Wabo.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Oh wabo, my heart goes out to you and your family. I think kids are suffering a lot more than us adults as they have no concept of time and of course they have a huge urge to move around but can't. Horrible situation.

Nice weekly total, ale.

I'd much rather run every day too, LMH. With no events on the horizon long runs have lost their meaning a bit. And there's the potential adverse effect on the immune system. Right now we all need a healthy immune system more than we need miles in the bank.

I did 7.5 today avoiding the lycra hordes on their road bikes, the last 1.5 with hubby. 45 miles for the week which is a nice enough number.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Had a lovely distanced walk in the woods and by the river Ching with the girls. Much needed for us all. 
    plus ran 3.8 miles before seeing them
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice one, Wabo!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Missed yesterday somehow.

Nice paddling pic Wabo. That really is tough for the kids if they don't have easy access to the outside.

Sensible plan LMH.

Maybe 42 even next week Ale? Was that not the answer to all questions?

Good mileage Chicksta. Agree on the long runs, 16 is the limit for me at the moment and not every week.

What: 6×800m (GPS) with 2 min recoveries + WU/CD
    Why: trying to do some intervals reasonably regularly
    Last hard: that, did manage all faster than 10k PB pace at least
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • Nice session Hazel.

Glad you all managed some time together and outside Wabo. Does Jodie take the girls out most days?

That's a good staying fit and ticking over mileage chicksta. Have you begun to think about what, if anything, you can do to maintain fitness post op?

I didn't run as far as I wanted to and I hope I didn't run further than I should have. Hoping to be able to run tomorrow which would be the first time I've run four days in a row for a very long time.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Looks lovely Wabo - I agree the youngsters seem to be suffering more. My girls are moaning about not going out, seeing people, how jobs have gone. I'm loving no commute , not doing very much and ignoring lots of people! I'm that miserable old git my mother always said I'd grow up to be...!!
    Hazel - great session
    LmH - sounds like you had a great run yesterday too!

What - 10 miles down over the trails. Stayed upright, legs found it tough though, but some of the trails had been refreshed shall we say after last week';s rain
    Yesterday was some short sprints (while eldest did hurdle drills) followed by 4 easy recovery.
    Why - trying to become a runner again
    Last rest - last Saturday 
    Last hard - none of them are easy easy at the moment...

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    nice pic Wabo

Hi all, still here just.... head not in the right place at present, still running, 28m this week.

Hope all are well - take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Sorry, been awol not really sure why!

Friday did 5km, yesterday a walk to find objects from a-z, today 9 km

Today's run was hard but trying to increase mileage slowly. Average of 6:45/km so very very slow. Then Lucas and oh went for a walk and I got a nap. Working full time is tiring me out a lot with mummying full time too.

I know the lyrics today. 

Wabo looks like fun.

Lmh sensible head.

Dustin that grumpy old man comment made me laugh!

Wish the weekends were longer but at least next week is only 4 days.

Have a good evening