Options

Monday 4th May 2020 - She's always living like she's running out of time

Morning.

Lyrics - She's always living like she's running out of time

Still here is good RFJ.

Not really a good run for me Dustin and as it turns out more than I should have done.

The return to working full time was bound to take it out of you for a while emzap, hopefully you'll adjust though in my experience mums are just permanently exhausted for the first few years...............

My knee has made it quite clear that it won't be running today and I am tired, have a sore throat and a headache so it will just be a walk for me today and hopefully that will mean that I can run again tomorrow.

What:           nothing
Why:            broken
Last hard:    rehabbing my knees
Last rest:     30/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Sorry to hear that the knee is sore lmh. Hope you feel better over the course of the day re throat and head too. 
    Agree about mum's was well emzap as my daughter is always tired with her two. 
    What not really sure, oh wants to run so does son
    Why all keeping was well and fit as possible
    Last hard yesterday 3 miles
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry about the knee LMH.  Hopefully the walk will do the headache some good and freshen you up regarding the tiredness.

Sounds good that OH and son want to run Wabo - enjoy!

Can very much imagine you are not missing the commuting Dustin.  Nice trail running.

Good you are getting out to run RFJ.

Where do you get these challenges from emzap (the finding things a-z for example)?  Good you have a shorter week to look forward to so you can get in more rest.

Have a good start to the week everyone.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday and legs tired from yesterday's efforts
    Last hard: yesterday's run and feeling enthusiastic about work today
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were "I feel free", Cream.

What: will let the legs decide, stretches 

Why: running to feel, routine (hopefully)

Sorry to hear the knees are struggling, LMH

Hope that you can run with both, Wabo!

Looks like a pleasant day, weather-wise.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Lovely pic yesterday, wabo. Was it the same stream that I mistook for a puddle the other day?

Nice speedwork yesterday, Hazel. My legs have forgotten to turn fast. Glad I have Mondays off. Will have to find my enthusiasm tomorrow though :smile:

Sorry to hear you weren't able to do that fourth run in a row, LMH. Did the walk help with the sore throat and the headache?
    Keeping fit post op will be a bit of a challenge. I'm supposed to lay flat on my back with my foot raised as much as I can in the first two weeks and I'm dreading that. Still, I can probably do strengthwork of some sort, like girly pushups, glute bridges, core - as long as I don't bend or load the affected toe. After that I can walk a bit and once the boot comes off I'm allowed to swim and cycle. Running is only going to resume after 4 months.

Looks like you're back, Dustin :) love the grumpy old man comment.

You're doing great, em. Don't beat yourself up. 6:45 per k is a good comeback pace.

What: 6 miles
    Why: wanted longer but legs felt horrible
    Last hard: don't know why but they was
    Last rest: 29/4
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afrenoon all, 
    Don't know what happened , I was meant to post this morning. Must have been doing some work! Gasp!!
    LmH - my apologies, not quite sure what I was reading in relation to your post , age catching up with me.
    Hope the walk today helped.
    RFJ - good to see you popping in!
    Chick - not fully back, but I can at least run.

What - stretching the legs shortly
    Why - air, fed up with work
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - most of them at the moment

• Options
    No worries Dustin - wishful thinking :-) Hope you enjoyed your run.

That is going to be difficult chicksta.

I did feel better for my walk thanks Hazel. Really hoping the knee (and everything else) will allow a run tomorrow.

I hope you managed to find a way to fit them both in Wabo.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.