Wednesday 6th May 2020 - What good am I

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning all

Lyrics: What good am I?
Heaven only knows

Another cold and sunny day. Could do with less wind and more co-operative legs than yesterday  :)

Comments

• Morning.

A cold start here too chicksta but sunny and still and due to warm up. Can you check about the rehab with your physio? I think the instructions are most likely to be to keep your foot elevated above your heart which is very difficult to do if you aren't actually laying down. Hopefully you have a tablet or similar that you can use whilst prone to pass some time? Hope your legs were more cooperative this morning.

I would like to do a longer run but I'm not sure if it will push my knee over the edge - so difficult to know how to stay the right side of the line. I'd rather be able to run than be able to run longer but of course I'd really like to be able to do both.............

What:           easy run of some duration
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    keeping the legs and head happy
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Hope the legs were better today chicksta. 

Can you try building up a longer run really slowly LMH?  Adding on a bit at a time?  Might feel like progress then.

Yesterday's lyrics: The Bottom Line, Depeche Mode

What: some sort of MLR
    Why: midweek
    Last hard: yesterday evening's thunderstorm - totally drenched within minutes and couldn't see a thing.  Didn't get hit by lightening I suppose  ;)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Woke up convinced it was Thursday and nearly set some lyrics!

Beautiful crisp and cold morning with a slight frost on the cars. Forecast is for a warm afternoon though. 

What: a run of some description plus stretches

Why: building slowly

Hope you can stay the right side of the line, LMH

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I am building the distance slowly Hazel - I just have no idea at which point either distance or days in a row wise the knee will object. I love a good thunderstorm but generally when I'm watching it from inside!

Hard to judge Alehouse isn't it?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    It is indeed hard to judge, LMH; I feel that I could up the weekly distance by a fair bit but I am only increasing by a couple of kms a week. I don't want to break so am erring on the side of caution. It isn't as if we are rushing to get ready for something! And everything is fairly gentle. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    haha, ale - I get my days mixed up too, especially with bank holidays. I was totally convinced that Saturday was Sunday because Friday was our day off :)

Bit of a dilemma, LMH. I hope that your knees will let you do both at some point. 

Hazel: Brave of you to go out in a thunderstorm. They freak me out when I'm outside but like LMH I love them when I'm safely inside :)

The physio will come to my house 1 week post op - we'll see about it then. 

Happy to report a 9 mile progression run - second half was much faster than the first. It was a lovely morning. Cold but not very windy and bright blue skies. We must have hundreds of nightingales this year. There seems to be one in every tree. Love their song. 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Frost even Ale?  Better to be careful with the mileage.

I also love watching thunderstorms from a safe location.  Yesterday's caught me on the last 15 minutes of my run.  I checked before going out and the forecast was for a shower which might just pass over my location.  In reality it was a storm front which went across the whole country in about 2 hours.  Didn't especially enjoy being exposed out on the field, occasionally being the highest thing around as by the rule of thumb four seconds between flash and bang = 1 mile the thing was less than one mile away.

Well done on the nine miler chicksta - nice birdspotting and listening. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    slow 5 miles done in new shoes, new balance 560
    chick that sounds lovely the birdsong and the long run

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm glad you had a better run chicksta.

We had quite a heavy frost here this morning Hazel. Nothing you can do about a storm the blows up once you're out!

You seem to be building your mileage well at the moment Wabo.

OH must be confused about the days too - I've just found his post from this morning on yesterday's thread!

I enjoyed a MLR (as would have been - long for me currently) but whether the legs will agree to run again tomorrow or not remains to be seen. I won't know until the morning.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's good news, LMH. Fingers crossed the legs play ball again tomorrow.

I like new shoes, wabo :) how do they compare with the Hoka Tracers? Just curious as I'm still looking for a successor. The Hoka Cavu isn't as good. Can't even put my finger on it why. It sure is lightweight but it doesn't feel as right as the Tracer.
  • No just realised this morning that it hadn't posted yesterday.
    Path levelling and run up hill today.
    Still sunny fine weather
    Last hard: return of kidney stone early morning on Friday  (awaiting scan). Not good timing.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick my last hoka ones feel a bit narrower and my feet hurt at about 3 miles so I got new balance again as they tend to be wider. They feel light, less cushioning in front but they felt ok on 5 miles
    Lmh yep my miles are  picking up. If I'm only going out once, which almost every day I am - itn wanting to do a bit more. 
    Ouch oh that's not nice! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can