Overdone it?

Comments

• SkinnyPart2SkinnyPart2 ✭✭✭
    mace said:
    DT, I guess 4x6 min easy off a minute means run 6 walk 1 ?

I am indeed beating Lit ( but not Kevin ) as I managed 4M this morning. I’d planned a route to do 5 but at 4 I didn’t fancy any more and walked the rest, so I guess a rest day tomorrow is sensible. As such I’d like to propose an end to our mileage competition, Lit, with me the winner 😂
    Actually too late - I did 8 tonight for 13.5 so far this week. That makes me the chicken dinner.

As a small personal milestone that means I’ve run 27 miles in last 5 days so a marathon in 5 days.

Next step 4 days.........
    1.5 to work this morning for 15 for week so far. 

Might have an F Off and then try and do my long run Saturday.

Mace I think 20 miles in a week is quite a lot when you haven't been running much so definitely rest days are essential part of starting again. Just takes a bit if adjusting the mind especially when you used to run 90 mile weeks in marathon training.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's 6.4 mile route was so nice that I did it again this morning. So I am still not winning, at only 12.8 miles so far for the week, but at least I am beating mace.
  • Rich Clark2Rich Clark2 ✭✭✭
    18.3 for me so far this week, with 8 planned shortly. 

My running is really benefiting from the lockdown. No work and a 2 hour window in the middle of the day whilst my son naps.

I've managed to work my way back to some decent mileage by concentrating purely on easy running.

Been averaging 30-40 miles a week, with a longest run of 15 miles and I've just started the first week of the p&d 18 week up to 55 miles plan. Fingers crossed the marathon goes ahead. Ireland seems to be fairing a little better than the UK so I'm hopeful.

Glad to hear most of you are running well. Strange times though, so much uncertainty.
    Hi Rich

Well done - sounds like you'll be disappointed when lockdown is over.

Also I note that after your 8 miler that will be a marathon in 4 days :-)

Not sure when your marathon is but a big crowd of sweaty runners doesn't feel like a 2020 event that is going to happen at the moment. We'll see.
    Dingle Marathon is the first weekend in September and is a fairly small affair (3000 between a half and full) The current Irish roadmap is looking to allow music festivals (albeit with social distancing measures - not sure of the practicalities!) by August. So ,I'm hopeful, however I'm not prepared to run my first marathon in a mask so will have to wait and see what restrictions are placed on events. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Mace, yes that is correct....sadly!

I have found a local mara on the last Saturday in september where the field is limited to 150.

If I could get running again I would enter as I think that has a shout, but it's £45 and until I know I can properly prepare for it I don't want to pay out. Though I do then run the risk that many others will be eyeing this is a possible goer and book in asap to cover them if, as is likely, the big ones fold.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Ha, Skinny's not winning any more.

I'll get over it if I don't run a marathon this year, but I will need to run a half at some point as my qualifying time for London expires this year.
    literatin said:
    Ha, Skinny's not winning any more.
    Nasty!

You would think based on no one being able to get Qualifying times this year that they will extend for a year?
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    If no maras happen they will surely have to extend gfa. My time is good for 2021 anyway, then i'll be 45 so it becomes a bit easier as 3.10 will be my London GFA.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, Skinny, as they've said that people whose qualifying time was achieved in 2018 can't defer to 2021 (because times are only valid for two years). People who have qualifying times from 2019 can continue to use those. Anyway, it's not the end of the world if I don't run the London Marathon for a few years - it's not like I could be arsed last year.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    i think that might change though if the Autumn schedule falls away. Those rules were set out based on Autumn maras happening. 
    18.3 for me so far this week, with 8 planned shortly. 

My running is really benefiting from the lockdown. No work and a 2 hour window in the middle of the day whilst my son naps.

I've managed to work my way back to some decent mileage by concentrating purely on easy running.

Been averaging 30-40 miles a week, with a longest run of 15 miles and I've just started the first week of the p&d 18 week up to 55 miles plan. Fingers crossed the marathon goes ahead. Ireland seems to be fairing a little better than the UK so I'm hopeful.

Glad to hear most of you are running well. Strange times though, so much uncertainty.
    According to a Runners World article on the front page of this site it's harder running during lockdown??

Apart from avoiding all the fuckwits spread across the paths like the slow twats at parkrun can't say I've noticed.
    I live in very rural Ireland. I used to go for an hour run pre lockdown and be very surprised at meeting another runner, or car for that matter. I'm supposed to stay within 2k of the house... I have been stretching that, but I rarely see anyone.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    1.5 to work this morning for 15 for week so far. 

Might have an F Off and then try and do my long run Saturday.

Mace I think 20 miles in a week is quite a lot when you haven't been running much so definitely rest days are essential part of starting again. Just takes a bit if adjusting the mind especially when you used to run 90 mile weeks in marathon training.
    Cannot beat an F  OFF
    Haha - in the end I ran 3 miles so no F Off after all.
  • macemace ✭✭✭
    literatin said:
    How's your puppy?
    Unfortunately we had to re-home her with a friend as she was terrorising one of our other 2 dogs. We still see her though and she’s fine but there’s still a bad atmosphere between them ( apparently she’s fine with all other dogs though ).  

I’m on 15M this week (and did 16M on the bike today) so on target to hit coach skinny’s target for the week 😉

mace said:
    literatin said:
    How's your puppy?
    Unfortunately we had to re-home her with a friend as she was terrorising one of our other 2 dogs. We still see her though and she’s fine but there’s still a bad atmosphere between them ( apparently she’s fine with all other dogs though ).  

I’m on 15M this week (and did 16M on the bike today) so on target to hit coach skinny’s target for the week 😉

Haha - very good but I see myself more as Chief Cheerleader m, maybe the fit one second from the back with the nice pom-poms you’ve had your eye on.

I’ve been a running dickhead this week and so far run every day including a sweaty 10 today for 28 for week - it’s already my biggest week since March 2017 but going to be almost impossible not to go out and try to run 2 tomorrow.

i can tell by how I feel that I’ll have to drop the mileage back a bit and build to 30 as a regular mileage but encouraging.
  • kevin70kevin70 ✭✭✭
    Good start for week one mace  :)

Skinny promising mileage and 3 is surely the minimum ;)

Got out today for some miles very warm B)

Hope everyone is doing ok 
  • macemace ✭✭✭
    Week 2 kevin, 17 last week and 20 this week after a very breezy 5 this morning. Glad I got it done then as it’s really picked up now.

I’m tempted to show off for the cheerleader but will be sensible and go for 23 this week. 
    Sorry Kevin70 but 2 for a 30 mile week was the limit of my ambitions and it’s done - although if yesterday was like Kent today was like Fife.

Well done Mace - the group are composing a special song for you next week if you manage 23!

M A C E 
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I did 11 miles today for a total of 36.6 miles this week. I am planning to build back up to 50 gradually over the next couple of weeks. It was a bit breezy today in Fife but not actually that bad, although some random actual snowflakes fell on me when I took the dog out for his evening poo.
    Congrats on the special mileage weeks Skinny and Mace. I thought I'd get to the big 40 this week but fell a couple of miles short, my long run was on trails with pretty dense tree cover and I think my watch short changed me. Something to aim for next week. 

Well done Lit and Rich - that's good mileage (obviously 50 is better than 37 but basically that was a pro rata 50 in last 5 days of week Lit).

I've run the last 9 days - need to make sure I don't become one of those run every day folks....

Not sure if you have a goal Mace but mine is to be able to run 3 * 30 mile weeks in June and then start the Plan from page 1 of the thread for the not going to happen Cumbrian Run in early October. Would be fun if we managed to get to a similar level and could do it together (we could choose our own pace zones). 

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I'm beginning the rebuild process. Little runs Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. 21 weeks to prepare to note run the London mara. Coach says generally for every week out it takes 2 weeks to get back to where you were.

I am not sure though whether I am still losing time, neutral or regaining fitness as my schedule last week and list week involves less than 10m.

DT19 said:

Coach says generally for every week out it takes 2 weeks to get back to where you were.

I am not sure though whether I am still losing time, neutral or regaining fitness as my schedule last week and this week involves less than 10m.

It doesn't really matter DT because you need to do what is sensible and accept the time frame that is needed. It will take a lot longer if you get injured again.

Based on your coach's timetable I should be back to where I was in about 2024 but I'm guessing I'd need to build about 7 years of WAVA calculations into that too. I'm going to be dominating that 55-60 Age Category B) .
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Yes, the biggest risk right now is impatience and picking up some other injury. I can become a bit of a slippery slope.

I guess you get a point in time where each week out needs a week to get back, then a few days and so on. I'd say at 7-8 weeks out, with a  safe build up will take 6-8 weeks just to be running at pre injury mileage. Then the next 7 weeks building in the sessions.

Started the week with a 4, a zoom quiz with friends and a full bottle of red.
    Be either 1.5 or 4 later depending on how my head feels.
    Continuing the streak Skinny? Will have to change your name to Skinny"Ronhill"Part2 at this rate.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Yes but did you win the quiz Skinny?