Thursday 7th May - Big girl in the red dress, She's just trying to impress us

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Training
Morning all
Today's Lyric - Big girl in the red dress, She's just trying to impress us

Thought I posted yesterday, clearly not...

OH - sorry to hear about the return of the stones, hope the scan goes well
LmH - good work getting the MLR done, hopefully legs respond positively
Wabo - new shoes! always a joy!
Chick - nicely done with the progression
Hazel - does yesterday's run make you a storm trooper?

What - some easy long hills
Why - variation
last rest - 2 weeks
last hard - keeping motivated

After a "get it done" run on Monday, Tuesday ended up being 7 tempo (ish) over trails.  Yesterday was 6 more easy miles in the fields.
It's been gloriously sunny here all week, even whenI go out at 5- 5:30pm it's still pretty warm.
Started off brightly again today...

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just going to post some lyrics. I knew mine!

What: around half an hour plus stretches

Why: consistent consistency plus missed stretches yesterday for some reason.

Otherwise, what Dustin said!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sympathies OH.  All the best for the scan.

Great news on the MLR LMH.  Hope you can run as well today.

Ahh - new shoes Wabo, nice.. Waiting for (yet another) pair to arrive sometime today (for rocky hill stuff so will disappear into the cupboard for now). OH treated me to them after I finally parted with their predecessors which was very nice of him.

I was breathing more like Darth Vadar Dustin as I put my foot down a bit to get home.  Nice running, make the most of those conditions.

Reminds me to do some stretching as well Ale.

What: 4-5 recovery, probably with some strides
    Why: MLR yesterday, tempo intervals planned for tomorow (gulp) so sensible speed, distance necessary today
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • Morning.

Not good news at any time OH never mind now. I hope it isn't too painful.

It was much warmer here yesterday afternoon Dustin - I sat in the garden reading for a while. Another frosty start but forecast to be even warmer later.

Nice to have something to look forward to in the post hazel even if you won't be using them for a while.

It's not like you to forget to do your stretches Alehouse.

I think that I probably could run today but that it's not a good idea unless I want more time off. Progress of sorts I guess. I shall be sensible and take the bike out for a short spin as I think that will put less strain on the knee than a long walk.

What:           being sensible
    Why:            needs must
    Last hard:    not being able to run as and when I want
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

The bike sounds a sensible option, LMH. And a pleasant day for it. Are you working much? Obviously not going to be much work here until September at the earliest! 

What: stretches, then 41 minutes d&d. 

Why: got the stretches done whilst I thought about it! Then what counts for a MLR I suppose: I consider a MLR as 65 to 75% of the long run, so it just qualifies!
    OH: hope the kidney stone gets sorted asap. Thought of you as I ran past the Galleon, Burnage Rugby Club and down past the tram. PW High School's rounders and baseball pitches are freshly marked, to my surprise! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    discombobulated is me today!
    Hazel love new shoes, hope yours come soon
    LMH I may go on my bike today as well, keep sensible
    dustin, nice to see t he running picking up again

What: I really don't know at the moment!
    why: see above
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'm still waiting for it to warm up a bit before heading out Alehouse. So tempted to do a little run but I can feel the knee all the time so it's really not a good idea. I'm working much more than I would usually be doing at this time of year - for which I am most thankful from a mental health point of view.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    back from a lovely bike ride to and from sons, then we had a lovely long walk round and round a field, talking lots. LMh totally get where you are coming from mental health wise.  OH is back to work MOnday then starting a brand new job in a few weeks so I will be totally alone until such times as I can go back.
    Treadmill run later 
  • Oh dear Wabo - is he moving out/working away?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh not working away thankfully!
    3 miles sweating in the loft on the treaddie, think I need some tai chi now
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope the tai chi cooled you down, wabo. I love discombobulated. It's such a brilliant word :)

Sensible head is good, LMH. Nice to have work at the mo when so many are furloughed.

Lovely of your OH to treat you Hazel.

Hope you enjoyed the hills, Dustin. Is your rib ok now?

Ouch OH. I don't know much about kidney stones but can imagine they're really painful.

What: 4.5 miles to the shops and back
    Why: making the most of my lunch hour
    Last hard: learning that our caretaker at work died. Not Corona, it was a heart attack. Too young - he was only 48 :( I shall miss his warm smile. He was usually the first person I saw when I drove into the underground carpark.
    Last rest: 29/4
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were This bitter earth, Dinah Washington
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    goodness chicksta, thats so young.  How sad