Friday 8th May 2020 Lets say goodbye with a smile dear

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lets say goodbye with a smile dear,
Just for a while dear

What: short and easy, stretches

Why: legs a bit niggly this morning

Grey and cloudy here for the VE Day Bank Holiday. Enjoy if you are celebrating. 

Hope Emz and Chamolk are both having good weeks. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Warm but dull here at the moment Alehouse - forecast to be 18C by 1000hrs. With all the public conveniences closed I'd probably best wear my ultra vest in case I need a drink during my run. Sorry to hear your legs are niggly, hope they feel better after your stretches.

That's sad chicksta and a timely reminder to us all to remember to make the most of our time.

What:            hopefully an easy run
    Why:             I want to
    Last hard:     not being able to run as much as I want
    Last rest:      8/5

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy your bank holidays as much as is possible. 

Hope the legs unniggle Ale.

Sad indeed chicksta.  Nice use of your lunch hour.

Nice multi-sporting yesterday Wabo.  Discombobulate was a new one for me.

Sounds like the sort of warmth you like LMH.  Good idea to plan for a drink in that case. 

What: tempo intervals this afternoon
    Why: regular speedwork
    Next hard: those will be as it will be warm here too
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no - but looked them up.. doh..
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet! Everyone out running?

What: just under half an hour

Why: that sort of day. Felt quite good, and the niggles were fine, although one hip is now a little annoying! Stretches later and I suspect that one of the stretches that I don't do too often is the cause. 

Sun came out briefly during my run but it is now grey again. Still well wrapped up when I ran. 

Hope your run went well LMH and your speedwork goes to plan, Hazel.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all :)

Quiet indeed. Everyone must be putting their bunting and Union Jacks out ;)

Sounds like typical bank holiday weather then, ale.

Bright and sunny here. 

Hope the speed work went well, Hazel. 

Did you manage something longer today, LMH?

Had a great 7 miles this morning. Just one of those runs where everything was in flow. Nice pace to HR/ratio too. It was very cold first thing, but absolutely no wind. 

In the office today for the first time in weeks. As I can drive here and avoid public transport I don't really have an issue. We take turns in the office now with a rota scheme so that no more than 1/3 of our floor is occupied and only 2 people are allowed in the elevators. I use the stairs mainly although I'm on the 19th floor :D 

Enjoy the celebrations today and have a great weekend.
  • Shorts and t-shirt for my run Alehouse!

I wasn't aiming for a longer one today chicksta. Do you have to go back into the office or are you allowed to continue to WFH if you wish?

Hope the speed work went well Hazel.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Shorts and vest for mine, plus sun cream lmh!
    Nice run chicksta, bet work seems odd
    Alehouse good running, hope you stretched
    Hazel hope you had a good run, I chucked some kettle bells about as well lol.
    What, short ride, 2 mile run, 2 mile run walk with Dil then one mile run home before oh picked me up
    Why planned with son
    Last hard today
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I got that wrong then, LMH. The comment about your ultra vest made me think you were going long :)
    Going to the office is voluntary. It's totally up to the individual. I enjoyed being there. I felt safe too. Everyone is keeping their distance and at least in my team nobody is using public transport. The social component is what I really miss in my home office.

It also gave me the opportunity to sign the book of condolences for Markus.

Busy day, wabo. Well done.
  • It was just that it was forecast to be quite warm and none of the public conveniences (where I'd usually stop for a drink if I wanted one) are open chicksta. I'm pleased to hear that working in the office is voluntary and that you feel safe.
  • Yoga, garden construction work (compost frame) and run up the hill.
    Kidney stone has all been reasonably tolerable this time (not so lucky on previous episodes)
    Lyrics almost