Saturday 9th May 2020 - Daddy I'm not gonna tell you that I'm sorry

Morning.

Lyrics - Daddy I'm not gonna tell you that I'm sorry

I'm glad the stone isn't causing you too much grief OH - hope that continues to be the case.

Another beautiful morning here and a lovely day in prospect - stark contrast to the forecast for tomorrow! My knee was niggly last night but I'm hoping it will allow a run as I won't be running tomorrow because Mark and I are planning to do something together.

What:           hopefully a few easy miles
Why:            I want to
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     7/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Dame Vera Lynn with We'll meet again

What: about half an hour plus stretches

Why: trying not to increase the weekly distance by too much

Similar weather here, LMH...including tomorrow when winter returns. Looks like OH might get that today. Forecast of a high of 10 degrees tomorrow, feels like between 2 and 4 with strong winds accompanied by cold precipitation!

Garden today probably as tomorrow will be indoors I imagine.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Misty moist morning. No wind.
    CT scan 10am
    ... then transplant lupin seedlings and maybe some yoga.
    Last hard: not travelling to Durness today
    Lyrics: no
  • Hope it goes ok OH. Is there going to be a Cape Wrath week next year?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope you get some answers, OH

Beautiful sunny morning here for my 30 minutes. Probably the busiest I have seen it but easy to give people a wide berth and keep a safe distance. Felt a bit creaky though! Last week was my biggest week since the first week in January and I am close to that with one day to go, so tomorrow looks like being short and easy...and windy and cold. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone. 

Hope things are going well and everyone is getting some running done. I've managed to get out a bit more this week, just trying to get back in to the swing of things. Weather has been lovely which has helped

Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Chamolk! Difficult to get a routine going at present!
  • Nice to see you chamolk and good that you have a bit more time to run again.

Busy out here today Alehouse but I knew it would be so chose an appropriate route.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry been awol. Not really sure why...

Been running a bit, Pilates a bit and strength a bit.  Work is very very busy.

Yesterday did 8mile walk with Lucas in sling (oh carrying him) to get some scones from a local pub!  Today walking and gardening.

Lovely socially distanced Street party here last night.

Hope your knee is behaving lmh.

Let's see what they announce tomorrow...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

All sounds good, Emz! Better too busy than bored!

Hope the knees held up ok today, LMH. And yes, an appropriate course here as well. Fortunately on today's course, with the exception of one bridge, is well over two metres wide all the way, and two runners in the opposite direction let me across first, which was kind. 

Spent a while with my 96 year old neighbour this afternoon. She is very upbeat about the present situation: "I've seen a lot worse in my lifetime." One of her stand out memories from the war, and afterwards, was having very little to eat compared to nowadays. 
  • It's good to get some positivity Alehouse. In my own small way I have endured worse, the first twelve weeks after my bike accident were much more restricted and difficult.

Good to see you emzap - I was wondering how you were. That was a long walk, would have been easier to bake the scones :-)

My knees were fine today though it did take a couple of miles to get going. I seem to be able to run five days a week - not enough for me obviously but such is life - can't decide whether decreasing daily mileage will allow another day or whether I should try increasing daily mileage whilst still having the two rest days. No choice tomorrow as Mark and I will do something together which could either be a bike ride (unlikely given the weather forecast) or a walk. Mark has Friday off next week (though I'm working) so that or Saturday will be our day to do something together (I don't work until the afternoon) so i could tray running four days in a row.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening! Standard late Saturday check-in. Life seems to get in the way more at the weekend.

That will be quite a drop in temperature.  Bit of trivia - can't remember this being a thing in the UK, in some parts of Europe these few days have a reputation for cold weather with recommendations not to put out frost sensitive plants.  They fall on the feast days of certain saints, jointly known as the frost or ice saints. Maybe Chicksta can explain it better.

Hope the scan went well OH. Cape Wrath was the green beard event if I recall right?

You sound positive today LMH. I think I would try the increased mileage and then add in another day later if that goes well. Do you still have the grey? I think you have /had her as a temporary foster?

Well done on the mileage Ale. Can imagine your neighbour as a lot to tell.

Good news from you chamolk. Hope things continue that way.

Hmm scones emzap - yumm! Good walking. Like the idea of the street party.

Seems a sensible plan with your return to the office Chicksta. Nice 7 miles. Tuck that one away in your mind to draw on for the post-op period.

Speed work went ok yesterday, bit too fast as usual and each km was a bit slower but overall a decent attempt considering it was warm and muggy. 3 x 10 mins with 4 min recoveries so not a huge run but enough for a start.

Today:

What: marathon on the bike with OH this afternoon, comfy trundle, 6k recovery this evening
    Why: making the most of the weather
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics:no
  • Known as "lambing snow" here