Sunday 10th May 2020 A-bop-bop-a-loom-op a-lop-bop-boom

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: A-bop-bop-a-loom-op a-lop-bop-boom

What: 25 minutes or so plus stretches

Why: topping up the kilometres

Getting very breezy out there
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Playing With Fire - Brandon Flowers.

It's gusting quite strongly here Alehouse and grey but not too cold and currently dry. How are your niggles.

Yes, Sammy is here until some sort of normality returns Hazel.

What:            probably nothing
    Why:             giving the knees a break/weather/head not in it
    Last hard:     seeing an end to this
    Last rest:      7/5

Lyrics - possibly
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: hopefully 10km
    Why: trying to increase my long run by 1km a week
    Last hard: my back this morning. Must have twinged it gardening
    Lyrics: yes

Fingers crossed for a slight relaxation of the rules tonight, if nothing else to start the economy up a bit again. Just as long as people don't go silly...

Hoping fewer people will be out today due to the weather.

Have a lovely day all
  • Sun and snow alternately here.
    Yoga done, eChurch soon, shortish run at some point and continue with various projects (waiting on bits so can't complete any)
    Lockdown life. Scan was quite a novelty yesterday - coming into close proximity with 3 humans other than my wife!
    Last hard - balancing at yoga
    Life would get too boring with rest.
    Lyrics I have never seen lyrics written down but (having googled) know the song well. RIP
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Don't rush things Emz! And yes, let's hope people don't go silly. Do not like the new "Stay alert" slogan. 

LMH: niggles are there in the background, as they probably are for most people! Just as long as they stay in the background! Achilles was a bit tender the other day after wearing a new pair of shoes without cutting the heal tab off; hip was sore post stretching; both knees feel a little tired. Am missing a couple of the leg machine exercises from the fitness suite! Wonder how long it is before that re-opens. 

What: easy run, stretches, d&d.

Why: so I don't increase the weekly distance by more than 10%.. 43.42k for the week. Will probably take an easy day again tomorrow and may have an easier week after 8 weeks of gradual increases. Will play it by ear, or rather, play it by legs.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Never seen those lyrics written down either but I knew the song instantly.  RIP indeed.

Missed posting yesterday but we were out and about all day. Managed a short run to the shops and then we drove to the woods where I did that trail 10k in November for a little hike.

Too hot to do much today. Tomorrow will be a stark contrast with a high of just 11 compared with today's 25. Weather is always shit on my birthday ;)

Good to see chamolk pop in.

I'm missing the gym as well, ale.

OH: hope the kidney stones behave.

Em: Nice build-up

LMH: enjoy your day with Mark

What: 8 miles earlier
    Why: Lovely sunny morning although I was covered in sweat and flies by the end
    Last hard: looking at the forecast for next week. Cold and miserable
    Last rest: 29/4
    Lyrics: yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Very hilly 10km done. That was hard but I'm proud I did it.

Nice 8 miles chick
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done, Emz! But as I said earlier, don't rush things! Consistency is key, with a little progression thrown in! And hope Lucas is ok (and letting you sleep better!).

Yes, the change in temperature will be a shock, Chick! As it is here! Yesterday was mid 20s; currently 9 degrees but feels like 4!
  • Well done chicksta.

Is Els back home then OH? Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in/would be suitable but I know you were looking for a role - have you seen the Clinical caseworker contact tracing roles?

We have that contrast today chicksta - and every day is spent wit Mark...........

I guess there aren't many of us who aren't managing some kind of niggle Alehouse but as you say, as long as they stay in the background. Sounds as though a cutback week could well be due. I should probably look at doing the same having built mileage for the last four weeks but I will play it by ear.

Mark and I went for a walk and strangely enough saw very few people - it was rather blowy on the tops but stayed dry - trying to rain now though and the wind has increased.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! Brr - snow OH?

Well done on the 10k emzap.

True about the niggles Ale. Must be a new longest week for the year then?

Hope you have managed to do something nice with Mark today LMH.

Don't mind looking at the coming cooler days chicksta but it will also be windier again. Do you have your standard Monday off for your birthday tomorrow?

Hope there are some changes on the restrictions that will benefit you all. I'm looking forward to a haircut on Wednesday.

What: 26 hilly km in 2:33, though several minutes more than that if you add in the breaks for pics, enjoying the view and a chat with a lonely dog walker. 450m +/-
    Why: keeping up the long hill runs
    Last hard: the steep bits - 8:38 for a km was just about running. Warm and humid
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: errm... Needed several goes to say them correctly.