Monday 11th May 2020 What's the use of worrying and feeling blue

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: What's the use of worrying and feeling blue
When days are long keep on smiling through

My 96 year old neighbour was singing this the other day!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Tutti Frutti", Little Richard, who passed away recently. 

What: about 30 minutes plus stretches

Why: easy day. Hopefully longer tomorrow. 

Cold and very blustery.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Bliddy freezing here this morning Alehouse! I'm hoping it will warm up somewhat by the time I'm ready to run. Not as windy as yesterday though which is good.

What:           short and easy
    Why:             I'm wondering that today
    Last hard:     I'm not running hard
    Last rest:      10/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Been awol since last week - work, life all interrupting play!
    Emz - good work with teh 10k, likewsie Hazel's 3x10mins sounded like a fun (!) session
    OH - how did the scan go, apologies if I missed it...I didn't miss a brief hello from chamolk though!
    Chick - sorry to hear about the caretaker at work. I suspect my office will go back to some staffing levels soon, although I'd expect to see a bit tapering off in cases before restrictions are lifted. 
    Ale - good to hear that your 96y0 neighbour seems to be taking it all in their stride!

Bried recap:
    Thursday - 8 miles easy (road)
    Friday - 6 miles through the deserted woods. Just me and birdsong.
    Saturday - 6 x 400m hill reps, first "hard" work for a while...
    Sunday - 11 easy miles over the fields
    Today - recovery 10k
    Why - taking it easy
    last rest - few weeks
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - not sure I do
    Thursday's (if you can remember that far back) were the Stranglers "Hanging Around"

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Meant to say Happy Birthday to Chick!

Running shortly! Will be well wrapped up!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Indeed - Happy Birthday Chicksta!

Wet weather has now arrived but temp not due to fall until this evening, must remember to cover some plants!

Nice mix Dustin.

What: short recovery
    Why: current Monday habit
    Last rest: 30.03
    Last hard: Monday morning

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    happy birthday chick!
    hazel hope the recovery was ok, hope your plants are too!
    dustin, nice lot of running!
    LMH it was chilly this morning when I got out! Shorts and t shirt but did think I was mad.  Soon warmed up.  Hope you have a nice run
    alehouse, good positive lyrics, I know them.  Have a good run, I should stretch today too
    what: 5k 32 mins  not speedy, its a struggle
    why: etonmanor challenge for next two weeks, in virtual teams of 3!
    last hard: that really was
    last rest: 31/12/16

I felt like I pushed myself so I was shocked my pace was 10.19 - I shouldn't be though to be fair. Got on the scales today and amazingly my weight has not changed a jot since lockdown started.  
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Happy Birthday chicksta - hope you're having a good one.

Dustin - surely if you can wfh there's no need for people to return to the office?

You've done well not to put on any weight Wabo. It definitely wasn't sorts and t-short weather here this morning.

Enjoy your run Hazel.

It had warmed up marginally by the time I got out for my run but I had (fortunately short) rainy squalls to contend with. Needed the heating on to warm up when I got back!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Definitely not shorts and t-shirt weather here, either! Full winter gear for my half hour or so. Dry but windy.

Posting some decent training, Dustin!

Found a photo from 1982: University past v present. I am on the far right, dressed for a cold day! Interestingly at exactly 9  stone I considered myself overweight compared to my usual racing weight of around 8 and a half! I wish! The three guys in the middle of the front line were internationals and unusually there was a female in our midst! Females had only been allowed to join the Uni cross country club a couple of years before, although were permitted to join athletics as long as they didn't run further than 800 metres!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the birthday wishes,  guys :)

I'm having a great day.

Too wet, cold and windy for a run but got a slot for a badly needed hair cut this morning. Then mom brought me a raspberry cheese cake and now hubby is cooking dinner. We shall have a few glasses of wine on Skype with friends later.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I can't load that pic, ale
  • That does sound like a good day chicksta.

No pic for me either.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Glad you are enjoying the day, Chick! Hopefully the pic is now above! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great  pic alehouse
    Glad you had a good day chick
    Tomorrow is my first day all on my own 🤔😭
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can