Wednesday 13th May 2020 - The whole world's broke and it ain't worth fixing

Morning.

Lyrics - The whole world's broke and it ain't worth fixing

So - the first day of our new found 'freedom' - a walk and a run allowed on the same day without feeling guilty about it. I don't intend to rush to any beauty spots and join the hordes for a day trip though no matter what the government says. I can see the R rate rising rapidly I'm afraid.

Was that a new chair for home or the office chicksta? My home working set up isn't the best but I do move positions quite a bit spending some time at the kitchen table, some standing, some in the lounge etc. I could clear out the spare room and make a proper office but I don't want one if you know what I mean?

What:               short and easy
Why:                I think my knees will allow it
Last hard:        understanding why we had to wait until today - what's changed since Sunday?
Last rest:         10/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics are familiar.

I won't be taking advantage of the new "freedom" for a good while. Far too risky. One run and that's it. Daughter to do shopping. 

What: about 30 minutes plus stretches

Why: the new normal?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope you have a good run, LMH. Yep, chair was for my home office. We have proper expensive ones at work :)

It was about time we got a decent one anyway as we have an ok office set-up in one of our rooms. It's basically hubby's domain where he works on his photos - he's into digital photography but since Corona I hijacked the desk and his 27" screen ;)

With my upcoming op I will have to wfh for at least 6 weeks, until the boot comes off so it does make sense. 

Em: Eclairs, how yummy. Reminds me of France where we were exactly a year ago.

Makes sense to err on the side of caution, ale

Restaurants have re-opened here, so it seems that normality is slowly resuming. But if the rates go up again, who knows when the next restrictions will be put in place. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rise in numbers as people are lulled into a false sense of security.

What: a little over 10 miles
    Why: nice morning for it
    Last hard: I was tired towards the end - I think 10 is my limit at the moment. Well, no point in doing much anyway. Op will be in 2 weeks. 
    Last rest: 11/5
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Talk, Coldplay
  • chicksta - I thought that infection rates were already rising again since Germany relaxed some of the restrictions?

Alehouse - the big difference for me is that I will no longer feel the need to only take Sammy out for an afternoon walk if I have an acceptable excuse such as essential shopping (though my shopping has and will continue to be only at the shed on the local farm for milk, eggs or spuds).
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH I thought I heard that about Germany last night as well
    I think I will have one run today but feel happy to know I can have a walk later as well if I want to.  TBH on the couple of times that I have gone out a second time, I haven't come anywhere close to another person anyway.
    nice miles chick
    alehouse  I need stretches badly,nice work today
    lmh,  I am asking the same questions about what has changed today, it is all very strange. Though not quite as strange as trumps outburst last night!! Enjoy the short run

what: I really don't know, I might pop out for petrol and park to do the local park run course
    why: need petrol plus a friend told me the park isopen
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

OH was ok at work yesterday though he said it is all very weird!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

All unwanted Jaffa cakes this way please... Don't like eclairs though - creamy fillings = yukk.

Slow return to normality here too with shops, restaurants, schools and others re-opening since Monday.  I will slowly start using what is there as I feel I need to push myself into getting used to the new normal with all the rules rather than hide away because I think people are acting strangely (personally more worried about that than being infected). Fully understand that others might have a different outlook on it due to their own level of risk, levels of infection etc.

Would look to enjoy each and every run as much as possible pre-op Chicksta.

Extra walks to look forward to for Sammy then LMH?  Leg is feeling better today then?

Well done on the 200s emzap. Those are long working days considering it isn't that long since you returned.

We will need a picture of those bunches Dustin. Good point regarding running at the end of a working day. Downside of midday running is running on a hungry stomach. Will be doing it today due to time constraints.

What: hill reps
    Why: speed-/strengthwork
    Last very nice: group run after all yesterday evening after one lady member put out a message at 5pm. 5 of us and distancing observed so sticking to current rules
    Last hard: fitting everthing we had to catch up on chatwise in the one hour.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Chick: I echo Hazel's comment. And I would try to get as fit as you can in the next 2 weeks before the op, including stretches and strengthening! 

Hazel: sounds like a pleasant socially-distanced group run. Suspect that that might become a new norm too, although here we are only supposed to do that sort of thing with one other even when socially distancing, which to be honest doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

What: 29 minutes d&d, stretches later.

Why: didn't make 30 minutes because I ran my recovery run too fast! Quieter than usual. Perhaps everyone is working! Roads seem quieter but I hear some of the buses were fuller than they should be.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice to have the company Hazel. Yes, guilt free afternoon walks are definitely on the agenda now though subject to satisfactorily completing an online training course tomorrow afternoon I'm going to have less time as I will be starting another part time wfh job.

I missed trump's latest Wabo - I've mostly given up on watching the news. You managed to get through the day with OH gone then? :-)

The local garden centre was rammed when I ran past Alehouse but there weren't too many people out on my route.

Despite being somewhat painful last night or maybe because it was and I applied Voltarol gel before bed my knee was fine this morning and my run was much better than expected.
  • No change in rules here other than being allowed to exercise outside home more than once a day. Haven't actually been out twice yet but nice to have option and no longer feel guilty going over the hour.
    Local garden centre delivers orders which is good.
    Being in a more vulnerable group I cannot see me going to a supermarket anytime in near future.
    However I do need some timber and cement/sand.
    More block dismantling today followed by short run. Warmer today than wintry conditions yesterday.
    Last hard: assembling a wheelbarrow!
    Lyrics no but appropriate.
  • We're going out once per day