Thursday 14th May - Don't know what I want but I know how to get it

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Training
Morning all,

Lyric (3rd & 4th line) - Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it

Thought I posted yesterday, clearly not!
Hazel - fight on for any spare jaffa cakes....
OH - garden centres reopened round here yesterday (apparently), most have done deliveries during the lockdown

What - lunch run hopefully
Why - keep the wheels turning
last rest - 2 weeks ?
last hard - dragging my backside out last night for an easy 5. 

Lyric in homage to many many people's behaviour yesterday. A group of teens in the woods and not two but three families assembled in the fields with their kids playing together. Golfers, I'm happy to report, were in pairs.
I'm not really changing my behaviour: run a day, Tesco once a week. I may add a walk in there too if the evenings stay mild.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - New Beginning - Tracy Chapman.

I thought you were going to start running during the day Dustin?

OH - I agree. The guidelines may have changed but as far as I'm concerned my risk hasn't.

Cold start to the day here with a heavy frost.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             first time running four days in a row for a long while
    Last hard:     Knowing how far I can push the knees
    Last rest:      10/5

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: about 30 to 40 minutes plus stretches

Why: habit

Cold here, but no frost despite being forecast. 

Hope the knees cope, LMH.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning..

Is putting together a wheelbarrow like putting together an Ikea cupboard OH?

Thought you might fight with me over the jaffa cakes Dustin. Some people just don't care about the rules. :/

Good luck with the knees LMH.

What: easy MLR
    Why: midweek miles
    Last hard: yesterday's hills, 6 x 0.5k at about 10k race effort. Tough but satsfying
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no but feel I should do
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: just over 8k, mainly off road

Why: MLR. Well it is for me at present. A bit surprised as the for the first k I really wasn't interested. Once I got going it was a decent run. Will probably back off a little for the next few days as have already done about 30k this week and don't want, as always, to increase by too much. 

Beautiful day out there; would be even better without the cool breeze.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Quick hello from me. Busy.

Managed 5k as I had a bad night and missed my morning slot. Then drove dad to the cardiologist for his annual checkup so I have fewer hours today to complete my work.

R factor is back to 0.8 here and some people were questioning the higher numbers that were reported at the weekend. Maybe Trump spread some fake news ;) I've no idea really. There are too many variables in statistics. At least in Hamburg daily infection cases are down to single figures now. And we're 2 million people in this city. Fingers crossed.

Cool breeze here as well. Trying to stick to 40 mile weeks. That's a distance my painful feet can tolerate ok and I hope it helps to maintain a bit of fitness :)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening, yes not changing anything here except going out twice some days for exercise.  We did get fish and chips last night, was very impressed with the local chippy's set up, perspex screens etc.  Felt very safe.

What: 5km
    Why: I wanted to
    Last hard: some idiot getting within about 2cm from me
    Lyrics: nope

So, almost home when I come across 2 people going for a walk together, keeping their designated 2m apart (so either side of the path).  Only option for me is to run down the middle of the path, ok, not 2m, but it'll do.  Then one of their dogs who was up to my chest started sauntering over to me, so I try to move out of the way, straight into one of the walkers who didn't bother moving at all, or trying to call their dog back.  I got so angry I shouted at them that we are meant to be keeping our distance.  Anyway, it made me sprint the last 600m home as I was fuming!

Yes Chick my colleagues in Berlin said the R rate was going up there.  Surprised if it doesn't go up quickly now restaurants are open though...

Went out for a walk at lunch with OH and Lukey, nice to be able to go for walks with them and run in the evening.  My normally empty route had at least 100 people on it though, crazy.

Have a lovely evening all.