Friday 15th May 2020 For she invented medicinal compound

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: For she invented medicinal compound
Most efficasious in every case

I have visions of OH playing this during the clap for carers! Not the first line.

What: a short run plus stretches

Why: having an easier couple of days
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - yes, aiming to get out during the day, breaks my day up.

What - lunchtime excursion, feel like I ought to aim for something resembling "training", we'll see how the legs feel later
    Why - just running, not pushing anything, need to get the "race brain" mojo firing
    last rest - weeks
    last hard - same as all of us I guess. 
    lyric - seem familiar...
    Yesterday was "Anarchy in the UK" which seemed apt after observing social non distancing on day 1 of the partial easing of lock down.

Nice run yesterday over the fields and didn't see a single person for the first 7 (of 8) miles, it was only crossing the A road and back into the village that I saw human life again. Wonderful. 
    Oh meant to say, my club usually hosts a trail half and full marathon in late June. Obviously that has been called off but we're hosting a virtual race instead.
    I know it's a bit cheeky but if you want a bit of bling and something to motivate you then the details are here: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=214119

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet!

Dustin: I might be interested if it was a quarter marathon!

What: 30 minutes, covering just over 5k

Why: fairly easy day. Cool and breezy again. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon - I've been so tied up in training and work that I only just realised I hadn't posted yet today.

Not my kind of thing at all Dustin but I hope you get lots of takers. Is that the impetus for the 'race' training?

My knees made it very clear when I got up this morning that there would be no running today. had a nice long walk with Mark and Sammy and hope to get out again later work permitting.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Em: That's so inconsiderate. Honestly, I don't know what some people are thinking. Or maybe the problem is that they're not thinking at all ...

Sorry to hear that, LMH. Hope you can run again tomorrow.

Dustin: I'm going to spread the word. Some of my UK WhatsApp group could be interested. Sounds like a great run.

Yes to lyrics, Ale. And now I have them stuck in my head. Ouch ...

Managed 11.5 miles this morning. It was beautiful first thing (now wet and windy) so I made the most of it. Bright blue skies, a bit of frost, no wind. Perfect. And the birds were singing their little hearts out. 

Enjoy your weekend, all.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Sorry been a busy week but run every day-yay

What: 6.17 miles
    Why: because
    Last hard: Everyday
    Lyrics: Yes

Dustin: I can not run over trails with Achilles otherwise I would give it a go.......I could run around a park I run through?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Also busy at work and taking cat nr. 1 to the vet (routine checkup).

Guess that is UK only but will have a look in Dustin, thanks.

Hope you can get out again LMH.

Nice run Chicksta. Meant to ask out of curiosity: do you still have contact with the 3:30 mara group? Sped read some bits of it, shame it died off on here..

Well done for running every day WP.

What:short recovery later
    Why: no time for more today
    Last hard: driving with a yowling cat in the car. Having to drive a second time without the cat as I left a box of tablets in the middle of the carpark - doh
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: recognize them but what it is - as usual no clue
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, hope the knees are up to running tomorrow, LMH!

Well done on getting the tablets back, Hazel! (Had to smile!)

Chick: sorry about the lyrics! Medicinal compound will of course cure everything. We could certainly do with something like it!

WP: am updating my Achilles thoughts! I will send you a copy! If anyone else is interested let me know. Please don't share with others though.

Below is why I am worried about with the changes allowing people more freedom to travel. This is a local beauty spot about ten miles from here (Dovestones reservoir) on a greyish midweek Wednesday. No-one was cautioned as no-one was doing anything wrong.

• Not played this one (lyrics) but did paraphrase it once for Glen Ogle 33 with Thistly Cross Cider being medicinal.
    ... not always the desired cure, however
    More earth shifting in garden and a 5 mile run (just before heavens opened up).
    Awaiting plans from urology ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I knew you would know the lyrics, OH! 
    Trust the urology plans won't involve too much pain!