Saturday 16th May 2020 - How many more year - have you got to wreck my life

Morning.

Lyrics - How many more year - have you got to wreck my life

I hope the stone isn't causing you too much pain OH.

Glad you were able to retrieve kitty's meds Hazel.

My knees feel better than they did yesterday morning. Hopefully by the time I've walked Sammy they will have loosened off and will be ok for a run.

What:          hopefully short and easy
Why:           I want to
Last hard:   not being able to run when I want
Last rest:    15/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Echoing LMH's thoughts OH.

Have a nice run LMH. It does seem you are making progress with the knees even if not as much as you would like. 

Wabo is very quiet? Hope all is well.

Have a good Saturday all

What: 6-7 general miles
    Why: yesterday's run today
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics:no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were The Scaffold with "Lily The Pink"

I was also wondering about Wabo.

What: 30 minutes plus stretches

Why: ticking over
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You're right Hazel - there is definitely progress. I'm wondering whether to try reducing the daily mileage to see if that will allow more consecutive running days. Difficult to know what's going to work, just trial and error I guess and try not to break myself too much in the process. What did you do yesterday run wise then?

Is everything holding together ok Alehouse?

I think my knees will allow a run today, how far will depend on how they feel when I'm out.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

What: 4.7 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard :Getting out of bed
    Last rest day  :  8/5
    Lyrics: Yes

8th day on the trot running which is a break through but today I was very tired so will listen as always to my body.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hi all
    had a couple of off days.  I am not good with too much time alone at home I get all 'lazy, can't be a*sed'.
    Been running good though, tai chi, hula hoop and kettle bells.  
    I'm fine.
    Dustin I have emailed about your club's virtual race.  I fancy doing it but it does say you can do a marathon over 4 days.  That works for me, I am not up to long miles and wearing myself out!
    Poppy, know what you mean about getting out of bed.  Great running.
    nice ticking over alehouse and thanks for the concern
    LMH have a nice run 
    Hazel enjoy yesterdays run today, thank you too x
    LMH how is Sammy? 

Sad news this morning which has really got to me, a friends hubbie has been in a coma for three weeks due to covid, the family haven't seen him for 5 weeks.  They have been told that the machines need to be switched off.  He's only 51.  Just when my son is begging me to go round go in and hold the children.  They are both adamant it is ok, I am sitting on my scared fence after this awful news today.

What: I am not sure at the moment, tai chi again for sure and a run
    why: back gone a bit tweaky again
    last hard: yesterday I did so much
    last rest: 31/12/16
    yesterday was day 1231 in my streak I really thought it would fall during the lockdown.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

That is not good news, Wabo. Scary times. Who knows what is safe?

LMH: niggles don't seem too bad! There was one day last week when things weren't so good; think I over-stretched stretching, back wasn't great post-gardening and have been ignoring my own advice and neglecting the Achilles exercises. Hard to know what to do running-wise in your own situation.

Pleasant enough run this morning, bumping into three separate runners I know, socially distanced of course. Brief chat with two. 36 minutes preceded by stretches. Cross training in the garden if the wind drops and it warms up. 

Took a pic on my run this morning; old home ground for OH! Also noticed that the high school nearby has all its markings on the playing fields, including the track, not that I will be using it! Either they know something we don't or the fields always get marked around this time of year, come what may!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo - I haven't seen any research or evidence that leads me to think it's any safer than it was three weeks ago I'm afraid. Sorry you haven't been feeling too great being home alone - sounds as though you're doing well with the exercise though.

Alehouse - I think I'm going to try doing shorter runs and see if that allows me to run five days in a row. If it doesn't and I need to take a day off again I can always run long the day after knees permitting. The guy who lives down the road from me and is a school caretaker has been back at work for the past few weeks so I guess the playing field markings could just be routine? Grey and breezy here - the wind has picked up as the day progresses. Glad your niggles aren't too troublesome.

Great that you've been able to get out so consistently Poppy but sensible to listen and back off a bit if necessary.

I enjoyed this morning's run and was pleasantly surprised by the pace as I felt very heavy legged when I set off - rest days really don't suit me.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hiya, 
    wabo - that is truly sad news, my thoughts with you and your friend
    LMH - I think it’s sensible to lower the mileage (reduce intensity) which should enable you to run more frequently and even then I’d have the odd very low mileage day. A relaxed 5k is better than no run, right?

Many of the council facilities are maintained round here, and the green keepers at the golf course have kept the course immaculate!
    Our local track reopened this week for run & walk only. Even so, I’m avoiding it for a few weeks at least.

what - 9 glorious miles in the fields 
    why - stunning morning
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - yesterday - attempted a faster (trail) 10k. Solid enough pace but hard going!

• It's difficult to say what's going to upset the knees and what isn't Dustin. I was surprised that they felt fine during and after my longer run last week and they have been ok building mileage for the last couple of weeks but still seem to demand two rest days. Couldn't actually imagine getting my kit on for just 5k to be honest - I'd only just be getting going! Nice that the track has re-opened, I wonder how much use it's getting?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Wabo, so sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers to all affected.

Sorry not been in here for a while, been in a dark place mentally and also very busy with work which hasn't been a good combination, hopefully coming out the back end of it.

Mileage was down last week due to a big MS fall, which caused a few issues, not least gravel rashes all up my right side and shoulder.... but also tweaked my foo too... thankfully 2 easy days and a lot of RICE and massage saw me in a good place to take it easy on the run again.... so this week has mainly been recovery.... nice to run with Mrs RFJ this morning doing a virtual parkrun... 28:30 :-).

A friend is also doing some water colour additions to photos, and did this one of me and my daughter from Thruxton last year and added the NHS heroes too (she is a sister in A&E.....

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin I'm entered in the Hampshire race, a guy called Tim emailed and said go for it over 4 days. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    (((wabo))) so sorry to hear about your loss. That's so young :(. I hope you can hug your grandkids soon but only you can decide and you have to feel comfortable with the idea.
    Members of two households are allowed to meet here since last week.

Fabulous drawing, RFJ. Wow. That fall sounds nasty but positive you were able to run with your wife.

I second what Dustin said - 5k is my option when I'm pressed for time and it always makes me feel better than no run. Obviously I wouldn't run just to make up numbers or if I was ill/injured.

For some reason I can never see your pics, ale.

At least you're making progress of some sort, LMH. It's moving in the right direction.

Nice semi social run, ale

Hazel: I'm in a WhatsApp group with some of the old sub 3:30 crew. It was my virtual home for such a long time and I was quite sad when the thread died. I even ran Boston with two of the guys and we did a memorable pub crawl in Oxford in 2013 ;) I lost my parkrun virginity there :D So I was glad when one of the girls started that WhatsApp thing as I'm not doing any social media or Strava.

6.5 miles done this morning. Breezy again but warmer than yesterday and my pace was faster than I thought.
  • Nice to have a faster run chicksta.

Good to hear that you are feeling better RFJ. Nice picture, your friend is obviously talented.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    ref the picture its an app he has that turns photos into water coloured effects, takes him about 10 mins per photo.... :-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sun just out! Been grey most of the day.

Good to hear from you, RFJ! Sorry there was a fall though. Fortunately the last twice I have fallen over I have been wearing tracksters, long sleeves and gloves. Might be the way to go!

Chick: today's picture shows up on my laptop but not on my phone or tablet for some reason. Anyone else see it/unable to see it? Guide me to what I am doing wrong please!

Not sure what to suggest about your running, LMH, but will have a think! You'd think that I would have plenty of time to do that at the  moment! A lot depends on one's definition of "short"!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    So true about the definition of short :)

Did you just paste the pic, ale? I think you have to save it somewhere and then use the following icon

Browse, select and upload.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Chick: hopefully today's and yesterday's pictures. Apparently the traffic is worse today than on Wednesday! The bridge is on a course that I frequently run and which OH should be able to identify!
  • Interesting RFJ.

Short for me is currently about 8 miles Alehouse. Can't help with the photo I'm afraid - I'm useless with technology.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hopefully sorted re photos, LMH! Thanks to Chick, so thanks, Chick!

8 miles is longer than my long...
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    👍👍👍

I'm the resident geek at work and on here 🤓

That traffic is horrendous :o  
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    RFJ said:
    ref the picture its an app he has that turns photos into water coloured effects, takes him about 10 mins per photo.... :-)

Clever artificial intelligence :smiley:
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Rfj so sorry to hear about your fall a club mate has ms i know he has leg issues towards the end of a run. Hope you're ok now. 
    3.5 miles done fairly good run. Now waiting for oh who is in Lidl buying acers for the garden and pots :-)