Morning.

Lyrics - Trudging slowly over wet sand

You sound brighter Wabo, good to hear.

That was a lot of traffic Alehouse.

What:            short and easy
Why:             niggly knee
Last hard:     knees still not being better
Last rest:      15/5

Yesterday's lyrics - No Place To Go - Fleetwood mac.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: indeed

What: around half an hour/stretches

Why: trying to gradually nudge up the kms without ramping up by too much

That traffic photo was from the local paper online: so bad that they said an ambulance or fire engine wouldn't have got through. And apparently it was worse yesterday, if such a thing is possible! Stay at home!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'm guessing we'll have a second peak and maybe return to more restrictive guidelines around the middle to end of June Alehouse <<sigh>>. I do hope that I'm wrong.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet!

I do hope that you are wrong, LMH! But it would be no surprise if you are correct!

What: 30 mins and stretches d&d

Why: to bring up highest weekly kms since the beginning of July last year. 45.5, which I know is low for most, but am happy with that. Legs a little tired today though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Consistent running, ale.

LMH: sorry to hear the knees are still troublesome.

Managed another 40ish mile week (43.87 to be precise :) )

6 windy miles over some trails. Felt good. Saw lots of police today. Since this is a popular weekend destination it looks like they're going to monitor the situation which I'm quite happy about. The last couple of weekends with nice weather really brought out the crowds and not many of them kept their distance.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lyrics no
    Lmh I am brighter. My daughter had gone to get ex's with the girls (they've been go from one to the other for a few days at a time) and it's done her the world of good. Secretly I'd be happy if she stayed there. Sorry about your knees. I do hope you're wrong about another peak but having seen the trains etc who knows
    Ale House nice miles, I'm hitting 30+ miles a week which occurred to me today is blooming high for me!
    Chick amazing miles! 
    I've entered a lands end to John o groats virtual challenge. Great fun seeing yourself on the map

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Didn't mean to post that! I named that segment lylas ridge because she was on her balance bike and flew over this ridge legs up and down the other side, days after we saw a man come off his bike 🤣. He laughed btw not being mean.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    That's what I meant to post
    What 4.2 hilly off road miles including lylas ridge 🤣 with oh
    Why Sunday run
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Keep safe keep well all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That sounds fun, wabo. So glad you're feeling brighter :)

Just realised we have the same name, only mine is spelled with a K
  • There are some people on Fetch doing a virtual race across Tennessee Wabo - LEJOG is probably a little more doable! Nice miles - you're going to  have to think of a way to keep it up once all this is over :-)

Great that you've been able to build up like that Alehouse - hope it continues.

Are you planning anything for your day off tomorrow chicksta? I fear it's not good that my knees are still playing up despite the drastically reduced mileage this year though it probably doesn't help that I can't have my regular physio.

I enjoyed my run and was tempted to do a couple more miles but I have decided to try keeping the runs shorter and seeing if that will allow more consecutive days running.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

That road looked mad Ale. Mileage needs to to fit for you, not for comparison to others, but I guess I don't need to tell you that..  ;)

Very much hope that a second wave won't happen LMH. I am worried here about international travel being due to start up, many of the first cases were imported from Italy. Really hope people are sensible about where they go to. Glad you enjoyed your run.

Nice trail running chicksta. Guess a lot of people feel the need to get out more, but they should stick to the rules.

Wabo - Love the idea of lyla's ridge and even more the LEJOG challenge (walked it in '99).  

What: 26k with 13 at around my mara MP am /9k gentle hike with OH pm 
    Why: long incl. speed /exploring a region we are not familiar with
    Last hard: squirting a gel up my nose wasn't pleasant
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Normally Norway Constitution Day is celebrated in Orkney - but all is silent today.
    Yoga, eChurch, more earth shifting and a run up hill.
    Takes my mind off grumbling stone (Lithotripsy in Aberdeen this week or next)
    Ran out of time to run or post yesterday (replacing panelling in garage door)
    Last hard: earth shifting (rained hard yesterday)
    Lyrics no
    Sad news yesterday Wabo.
    I did indeed recognise the bridge AH
    Our local sports centre has put out a notice stating that ruining on track is forbidden whilst it is closed.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your sad news wabo

What: 12 km
    Why: I got a bit lost so was a couple km longer than planned
    Last hard: I'm really struggling not being able to see my dad
    Lyrics: nope

Everyone I met on my run today was very grumpy, got only 1 smile and hello out of maybe 20 from me!

Hope you find a solution with your knees lmh

Have a lovely evening all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    RFJ - glad to hear you're still getting out there, and hopefully the fall hasn't caused too much trouble
    LMH/Wabo - I know a couple of people doing that Tennessee thing
    Wabo - great you're joining in, Tim is race director and one of my coaching colleagues. We made it possible over multi runs as we didn't know about unrestricted mileage.
    Ale - that traffic is frightening. The M3 was "busier" today - I could see probably 20 cars in either direction, so by normal standards, "very light", but was empty a month ago. Literally nothing. Lots more people out walking today too. 

What - just a 6 mile walk with Mrs D then a 4 mile run over the fields
    Why - legs ache, had gardening to do
    Last rest - 3 weeks
    Last hard - the run today if I'm honest...
    Lyric  ah yes, great song

Anyone watch eurovison last night? Russian entry was superb, Little Big - Uno.
    Watch it on You Tube, you're in for a treat!

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Glad to see everyone is still running. 

Bit of a sandwich week for me - 10 miles on Monday, then 10k today with nothing much in between.

Bit of extra running last few evenings as the oldest two boys have their stabilisers off their bikes now and are keen to go out loads, so I'm up and down with them, but they're doing very well. 

Hope everyone is staying healthy
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick I've always wished mine was with a k!! Or minus the h! 
    Chamolk amazing the boys have ditched the stabilisers, fun times! 
    Lmh I know tell me about the miles. I'm doing lots more, for me. 
    Emzap, it's so tough. I know what you mean about your dad