Tuesday 19th may - Lyrics Three little birds sat on my window And they told me I don't need to worry

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning
What 10k off road, safe distance from mate Sacha not seen for 2 months
Why she asked did I want to
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

Enjoy your social run Wabo.

Looks as though it's going to be a nice day here - and an even nicer one tomorrow though downhill from there unto the weekend of course. What else could we expect for a Bank Holiday weekend?

What:            hopefully some easy miles
    Why:             knees are creaky
    Last hard:     working out how much my knees will allow
    Last rest:      15/5

Lyrics - not sure.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

So, is that about 170 days for the LEJOG, Wabo? Build up slowly?

Raining here, LMH! Yesterday was much cooler than forecast and had to put the heating on; hope it is dry and warmer later. 

What: half an hour or so plus stretches

Why: the new normal Tuesday

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Ale - good to see the mileage creeping up. I know you will, but keep sensible!
    LmH - apologies, I thought the new job was an extension of your current role rather than something new altogether. Hope it all works out well.
    chamolk - apologies missed your post on Sunday. Those boys will soon be chasing you down (then leaving you behind...)
    Wabo - have a nice social run today!

What - hopefully some miles
    Why - legs creaky
    last rest - 25/04
    last hard - enthusiasm
    Yesterday was just 4miles late afternoon, had planned to add another 4 after dinner with eldest, but it was warm out and there was a couple of cold ciders in the fridge...

lyric - not sure I do, yesterday was Joy Division's Love will tear us apart, in memory of Ian Curtis who died 40 years ago.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks wabo, that has helped lift my spirits :)

What: possibly some Speedwork this afternoon
    Why: it's today or tomorrow and tomorrow looks like it'll be hot hot hot
    Last hard: sleeping. Lucas decided it was not what he wanted to do
    Lyrics: nope

Have ordered afternoon tea for our wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks, I'm excited already!

Wabo hope your run was good.

Lmh when does 2nd job start?

Dustin don't blame you!

Have a lovely day all
  • Lovely and warm here Alehouse. Hope you found a nice spell to run in. Have you had the BioBank invite?

Hope you enjoyed the ciders Dustin.

Oh dear emzap - I thought Lucas was a good sleeper now? Where have you ordered the afternoon tea from? It's our anniversary on Tuesday and it looks as though it's going to go the way of my birthday and be a total non event apart from me cooking something different for dinner.......... New job should have started but there are some issues with the systems so it's a little up in the air though I'm pleased to have the extra time to consolidate my training.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lovely social run, it passes so quick.  10k run and almost 2 mile walk before and after
    Emzap pleasure and I mean it from the heart.  Cleo often didn't like skyping in Peru and I used t o get upset but now looking back I couldnt be closer if I tried.  Keep the skyping go until such times as you can meet.xx
    LMH we are all owed celebrations when we can! I saw the owner of our favourite restaurant touching up the paint work the other day and he said they will start  take away next week! We have hardly touched any take away but will give him some custom
    Emzap enjoy the speedwork and the tea sounds lovely! What a good idea
    dustin hope you get some nice miles in.  I am doing your hampstead marathon over 4 days 18-21 june.
    alehouse it probably is about that many, my miles are gradually increasing and that race of dustins will help - hope you had a nice run and stretches  good

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse meant to add I can include walking on the way to john o groats
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good that walking counts, Wabo! And glad that today's run was enjoyable.

Nothing from BioBank, LMH. Weather was forecast for more rain but actually stayed dry for my run. Still very grey but can feel a slight warmth through the clouds so there is hope for this pm!

What: 36 minutes easy plus stretches

Why: Tuesday. Kept the run very easy in deference to yesterday's longer run. Was over-dressed though in tracksters, long sleeved top, gloves and light rain jacket. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice miles Wabo. We haven't had a takeaway either - I don't like it as much as going out to eat, never seems the same by the time you've got it home, dished it up and of course you still have to wash up! I may change my mind before all this is over though.

Better to be hot than cold Alehouse. I had an email this morning asking if I'd be willing to participate in a Covid 19 antibody test thing for six months. Apparently they are seeing who is willing and will then decide who to invite.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Glad you had a lovely run Wabo, can imagine you had things to catch up on after 2 months. Been doing take away here now and then, partly to get a break from cooking and also to support the local pub-restaurants. Only one left in my immediate village, it would be a shame if that one dies as well. Now open again with measures.

Your sort of weather then LMH. Advantage of it worsening over the weekend is that some people might be more reluctant about travelling around. Test might be interesting to participate in? Hope the IT probs are fixed soon for the new job.

Think the cider would have won here too Dustin, although I don't generally drink during the week. Missing those 4 miles won't matter.

Hot + speedwork = ouch emzap? Naughty Lucas, hopefully you will both sleep better tonight. Is that the same afternoon tea you treated your dad to?

Shame you are missing out on the weather Ale.

What: small group run this evening
    Why: allowed again
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • I will happily contribute my 0.5ml of blood once a month for six months if given the opportunity to do so Hazel. Anything I can do to combat this virus. It is indeed my sort of weather. Unfortunately I don't think the weekend forecast is going to be bad enough to discourage those who are daft enough to think it's safe to be congregating. Enjoy the run with company.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon :)

Seems like it's the time for anniversaries. Ours is on Friday and we're so lucky that hotels/restaurants are open again. We booked a really nice Art Deco hotel in the Moselle region. The booking was made last year in September when nobody ever heard of Covid-19 ...  Bank Holiday here on Thursday, so that'll be a nice weekend.

Sorry I missed yesterday. Head was in a strange place but I did run yesterday, although not today. 

Hazel: How lovely that small group runs are allowed again. Enjoy!

LMH: I'm the same re. take-away food. We did a few to support local businesses but I much rather cook myself or dine out in a restaurant. Hope they can sort the system issues.

Emzap: I hope it all settles quickly so your dad can spend more time with Lucas. Wabo is a good example that being away from them when they're little doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Kids take everything in their stride and we won't be locked up forever. 

Dustin: Can't believe Ian Curtis' death is 40 years ago! Blimey. 

Ale: That is a lot of clothing! 

18 degrees here, breezy and sunny. It was raining this morning though and I had a bad night so I decided to rest today. My foot hurts badly too. I will probably leave my kit at home when we go away and just relax and enjoy the scenery, some good food and plenty of wine :) 

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
  • The idea of going away for a few days is almost outside of my comprehension at the moment chicksta. I hope you have a lovely time.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Mine too Lmh

10x 30 sec with 30 sec recovery. 4.2 km in total. Then 1 min each of plank, squats, lunges for my club liquorice all-sorts challenge. Feet cooled in the paddling pool after

Have a lovely evening all
  • Gardening this morning, waiting for telephone call from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. Run up the hill this afternoon after a bit of baking.
    Bright and summery this morning but clouded over for afternoon.
    Not resorted to takeaways so far.
    Thursday could be interesting - going to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary for urgent Lithotripsy (kidney stones). One flight a day going via Shetland on way home. So down overnight by ferry then fly back after procedure via Sumburgh. Will need to take pack breakfast and pack lunch.
    Furthest I'll have been since February!
    However a trip I'd rather not be doing!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Not the short break some of us had in mind, OH! Hope it all goes well, both procedure and journeys. 

Those short, fast sessions are tough, Emz!

LMH: re Biobank they have invited 20,000 participants out of the total registered which is well above half a million. 

Sun eventually put in an appearance about 6pm. Supposed to be wall to wall sunshine tomorrow and 25 degrees. Then cold by the weekend. So nothing unusual there then!