Wednesday 20th May 2020 - Didn't see this coming, I admit it

Morning.

Lyrics - Didn't see this coming, I admit it

That's going to be a long 'day out' OH.

Alehouse - did you get the email in the end then? The way I read it they were inviting lots of people and then choosing the 20000 so it was more an expression of interest at this stage.

It's a warm start to the day here and forecast to be hot, hot, hot. I think my legs will consent to some running (it will be the first fifth day in a row for a very long time) but I'm not sure how much. I think as it will at least 17C when I set out I shall wear my ultra vest so that I have water and can just enjoy a nice walk back from wherever if the legs say 'enough'.

What:            easy miles
Why:             testing the limits
Last hard:     finding a way forward
Last rest:      15/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

No email, LMH: went on the website and doesn't seem to be a way to sign up. 

What: whatever the legs decide plus stretches

Why: running to feel. Won't be long. 

Bright sunshine here and supposed to be warm later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's warm here already Alehouse, even by my standards. I'm not complaining though. My email said that even if I indicated a willingness to participate it didn't mean I'd be asked to do so. Not sure when I'll hear.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Not that warm here till later around 2pm 20 degree's LMH so I am pleased:-) I wish I could send any heat your way and please send the cold weather my way:-)

What: 4.5 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: Fatigue over weekend and Monday
    Lyrics: Nope

Yesterday just over 2 miles today double that so  building back up and hopefully fatigue will go away again.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    yesterdays lyrics Put Your Record On Corinne Bailey Rae
    todays no
    lmh don't blame you re the testing, good shout
    OH hope your trip and procedure go well
    hazel, a small group run, wow, who would have thought!
    Poppy nice miles - it is already quite warm here
    alehouse have a lovely run in the sun
    lmh enjoy t he easy

what: also easy 2 + miles jog to meet dil and reggie in a field
    why: that kid needs to get out and run
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

I did a bit too much yesterday I think, I was pretty wiped out in the evening!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Morning again!

What: 46 minutes d&d, plus some stretches

Why: get it out the way. Was fairly warm so even wore shorts! Think that was the first time in shorts this year in this country (wore shorts in Seville in February!)! Long sleeves and gloves though: think I am paranoid about falling on the uneven river bank. So that is over 25k in the last three days so will probably back off a little tomorrow. Gardening and perhaps more stretches later. 

Enjoy your day everyone. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - glad you enjoyed the catch up run
    Hazel - slightly enviousof the group run too!
    Ale - decent long run! Shorts too! it must be warm...
    Another hand up for wedding anniversary (Sunday - 23 years)
    Talking of takeaways , we've had a few, favourite pub does an order / collect, Cote chain (don't know if they are regional rather than national) do a home delivery service, and both the local chinese and Indian do call/collect. Indeed it was chinese last night. Normally cook at home, but trying to suporrt locals once a week. 
    Was at Tesco at 7:30 today and already very warm!

What - easy miles at teatime
    Why - it's going to be toasty so hill reps may get deferred...
    last rest - April
    last hard - most of them. 8 miles yesterday, trail, at lunchtime. Was sweltering. Mad dogs, englishmen, etc.

• Alehouse in shorts shocker! Thought you said it wouldn't be long? Sounds as though you've been running well this week.

Wabo - it was quite a long run for you yesterday and your mileage has been up a bit anyway, not surprised you were a bit wiped. Enjoy seeing the kids today.

Dustin - it's nice to get out whilst it's like that though.

Good to hear that you're feeling better Poppy.

It was already very warm by the time I set off for my run just before 0900hrs - lovely! Run was much better than anticipated - five days in a row for the first time for a very long time and after a slow first mile my legs were surprising me in a good way. It would be lovely if they were happy to run again tomorrow.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Afternoon!

Yes, LMH, I said it wouldn't be long but that will be my MLR for the week. As yet I wouldn't say I was running well...just better than I had been.
    And like you...It was already quite warm by the time I set off for my run just before 0900hrs - lovely! Run was much better than anticipated...and after a slow first kilometre my legs were surprising me in a good way. 

Shorter tomorrow! And probably no shorts. Tracksters will make a re-appearance I would imagine. 
  • Excellent news Alehouse.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great running, ale and LMH :+1:

Good to see OH and poppy.

Dustin: you beat me - it's 22 years for us :)

The heat is coming our way now, just in time for our little break. I guess we're just very fortunate here with comparably low infection rates so I'm really looking forward to the weekend :)
    More people are returning to the office and it was lovely to see cherished workmates that I haven't seen in months. Made me realise what a great bunch of people I have in my team.

Hope you enjoyed the group run, Hazel.

No running again - another bad night and my foot is now constantly painful. I think I won't be running before the op giving a bit of time to settle before they slice it open.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening.

Travel well tomorrow OH and all the best for your procedure, hope it sorts things out.

Enjoy your weekend away chicksta. Also initially a bit surprised but things do seem to be improving in Germany and given you will be out of action soon.  Sounds sensible not to run and spoil it if your foot hurts that much. Congrats on the 22 years!

Great news on the 5th day in a row LMH. Please be careful regarding doing a sixth tomorrow.

Well done on your miles and fingers crossed you will feel less tired soon WP.

Like the idea of shorts and gloves Ale.

Nice family run Wabo.

Congrats also to you Dustin on the 23 years just about to be.  Can you hide in some woods for your hills and trails? Lunchtime sun definitely one to avoid now.

What: trails and hills: 11.5k / 300m of up and down
    Why: not sure, had actually planned an MLR, was in the shade though.
    Last hard: shuffling up the steep bits / not faling on my face twice tripping over roots
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no